Forum Rules & Guidelines
Welcome to the Aion forums!
The Official Aion forums are a place for active subscribers to engage in constructive discussions about Aion. As part of creating a friendly and supportive community, we strive to maintain a level of civility and politeness. Please remember to give other posters the benefit of the doubt. Studies have shown that about 90% of ‘communication’ (body language, eye contact, tone) when using text to communicate, so a post may be misinterpreted. Keep in mind that the original poster might not have intended their post to come across the way it did. This approach will go a long way toward fostering a pleasant, welcoming community.
The Aion forums are a private message forum administered by NCsoft. NCsoft reserves the right to edit or remove any message board post or other content at will without notice for any reason. Posting privileges are provided as a courtesy that can be rescinded at any time, at our sole discretion. By using the forums, you agree that NCsoft has a royalty-free, worldwide license to your posted text, graphics or other content for its business purposes.
You must have an active Aion account to post on these forums. Your forum account is linked to your game account. If you are banned from the game, you will not be able to post on the forums. You are responsible for adhering to not only the forum rules of conduct but also the Aion User Agreement and Rules of Conduct. If your forum posting privileges are suspended or banned, your game account will be reviewed and may be subject to further action.
Due to the real-time nature of the forums, we cannot monitor the content of every post. If you find a post that you feel is inappropriate and requires community review, please report the post.
The rules listed here are not all-inclusive, and are subject to change without notice. These forums have a zero tolerance policy. Immediate suspension or banning can occur for any reason NCsoft determines is appropriate in its sole discretion, including violation of any of the following rules:
1. Do not post: (i) pornography; remarks which are sexually explicit, harmful, threatening, abusive, defamatory, obscene, hateful, racially or ethnically offensive; (ii) obscene or vulgar language; derogatory comments based on sexual orientation; (iii) information that encourages or illustrates illegal activity; or (iv) links to sites that contain any of the aforementioned.
2. Do not troll or flame other posters. Attacking and insulting each other is not conducive to a productive, constructive discussion. Attacks against staff or players, publicly in the forums or privately via PM, are not allowed. Disagreement is a part of discussion, but there is no reason to be hostile.
3. Do not use profanity. Do not link to websites, post images or screenshots that contain profanity. Do not attempt to circumvent the profanity filter.
4. Do not make “call out” posts to target an NCSoft employee, single out a player for ridicule or point out actions or behaviors in game that you consider unsportsmanlike. Repeatedly targeting another person will be considered ongoing harassment and will not be tolerated.
5. Do not derail other people’s threads. If you want to discuss something unrelated to the topic indicated by the title of the thread, search to see if there is already a thread discussing your topic before creating a separate thread.
6. If you have a suggestion, concern or complaint, you may make a constructive post to bring it to light and promote discussion. Use the Suggestion Box to discuss ideas for improvements. Be advised that no matter how valid your feedback may be, posts will be moderated according to the forum rules.
7. Do not make non-constructive posts. These include but are not limited to: creating NERF X! threads, /bumping threads, rant posts and demands for answers from NCSoft. “Goodbye” posts will be moderated on a case-by-case basis.
8. Do not make petition threads, or inspire others to do so. Do not encourage, promote, endorse, or incite legal action against others or NCSoft. Discussion of on-going legal matters involving players or NCsoft is not permitted.
9. Do not post conspiracy threads, or information that is inaccurate, false, or misleading.
11. Do not post about phishing scams. If you encounter a suspicious email regarding an NCsoft account, do not reply or follow its links. Copy the email into a PM to a moderator.
12. Do not accuse others of hacking or cheating. If you believe a player has been violating the rules in game, you should report them to Customer Service using an in-game petition or the Customer Service Webform.
13. Do not attempt to impersonate staff or moderators. Additionally, “moderator notified,” “post reported,” and “in before the lock” posts are not constructive and do not add to the discussion.
14. Do not respond to or quote posts that violate these rules. Quoting a post that is in clear violation of these rules will result in your post being removed with the post you are replying to. If you feel that a post is in violation of these rules, please report it.
15. Do not engage in thread necromancy. If a topic has languished for more than a few weeks, create a new thread and link back to the old post if necessary for reference.
16. Do not cross-post or spam the forums. As a courtesy to others before beginning a new thread, please use the Search feature to see if an active thread on that topic has already been established. If so, place your comments there instead (as long as it doesn’t constitute thread necromancy). Multiple threads on the same topic divide the discussion and create a disparate communication path.
17. Do not “sock-puppet,” proxy post, or use another account to evade a forum suspension or ban. Using a second account to avoid a forum suspension may result in action against both the original account and the second account.
18. Do not post your own personal details, those of other players or NCsoft employees. Respect the privacy of others and maintain your account's security by not providing personal information such as full names, phone numbers, addresses, email addresses, photos, profiles from Facebook or Linkedin, etc.
19. Do not use this forum for advertising. Do not attempt to use the forums or the private messaging system to lure players to another website, forum or game. Do not engage in the sale or receipt of services.
20. You may post screenshots, signature pictures, videos, audio clips and other images by linking them from external image hosting sites, provided that they do not infringe upon the intellectual property rights of any party. For example, do not post copyrighted images or other content that you do not have rights to. Forum rules apply to all media posted.
21. The Aion forums are primarily for discussion of Aion. However, we may allow a wider variety of non-disruptive discussion in the Off-Topic forum, and on server-specific forums, in our sole discretion. In order to provide a safe and constructive environment for all of our forum members, certain topics of discussion are not allowed on the Official Aion Forum. Some examples of topics for which discussion is prohibited include, but are not limited to:
22. You may have a signature, but it will be subject to the forum rules. Additionally, signature images are to be no larger than 500 pixels wide by 150 pixels tall. If you use a signature image, you may have no more than 2 lines of text in addition to the image. Signatures may not be animated.
23. Do not repost material a moderator has removed, or repost a topic/post that has been locked. Do not edit or change a moderated post. If you do not understand why your post was edited or removed, you can PM a moderator to ask.
24. Do not post about forum moderation decisions. If you have a complaint or concern about a forum moderation decision, you may PM a staff member to inquire about it. Appeals against forum moderation decisions will be considered. While it may seem like there is always someone doing something worse, this does not make minor violations any less valid. We enforce all aspects of the Forum Rules.
25. Do not post private communication between yourself and NCSoft staff. This includes support tickets, petitions, email or private message correspondence, in game chat logs, etc.If you feel that you have been banned from these message boards in error:
Please contact the Community team via AionCommunity@NCSOFT.com.
[URL="twitter.com/Aion_Phenteo"]Phenteo ~ Shawn Silverman
Follow me on twitter for updates![/url]
Lead Community Manager
[SIZE="1"][COLOR="#1C2229"]Your humble messenger. [/COLOR][/SIZE]
[URL="http://na.aiononline.com/"]Website[/URL] [B][COLOR="white"]|[/COLOR][/B][URL="http://forums.aiononline.com/na/showthread.php?t=65255"] Forum Rules[/URL] [B][COLOR="white"]|[/COLOR][/B] [URL="http://forums.aiononline.com/na/tracker.php"]Community Tracker[/URL] [B][COLOR="white"]|[/COLOR][/B] [EMAIL="email@example.com"]Support Email[/EMAIL] [B][COLOR="white"]|[/COLOR][/B] [URL="http://gameguide.na.aiononline.com/aion/"]Aion GameGuide[/URL][B][COLOR="white"] |[/COLOR][/B] [URL="http://na.aiononline.com/help/"]Help and Support [/URL][/SIZE][SIZE="1"][B][COLOR="white"]|[/COLOR][/B] [URL="http://na.aiononline.com/services/aion-store/"]Aion Store[/URL][/SIZE]