View Single Post
Old 05-16-2017, 09:03 AM
Asmodians
Default Re: Upheaval: The Daeva of Disaster's Disaster

UPHEAVAL: A NEW WORLD FULL OF EXPLODABILITY

------------

"Well, Ruffles, that's totally not the Habrok."

Lumin eyed the massive white-sailed ship that was passing over their heads. She could see the light-skinned people on-board, with their creepy, maneless backs and ugly clawless hands. They were, of course, Elyos. And the ship was mooring above a massive rocky gully. Lumin quietly sat atop Chompers, watching through the spray of the massive waterfall the two were next to. Inside the huge, open gully, there looked like a very large sea-shell fortress, the sort of thing one would expect to see in a dreamscape. The entire area had water running down through tiny holes in the rocky walls about it, and she could spy white-winged figures flitting about through aether-rich air, both patrolling and helping the Elysian airship moor safely.

That meant that they were in enemy territory. "This is bad, Ruffles. We're in Elyos land. That means we're all alone deep in enemy lines and we gotsa survive using our thinkajiggs. I dunno where the other Asmodians are, but they gotta be somewhere. And if I were an Asmodian, and I totally am, I'd probably head towards the giant new continent with the creepy black evil tower thinger poking out of it. Which we totally did. But we're not all the Asmodians, so if I would do that if I were an Asmodian and I did do it cause I am an Asmodian then that means that the other Asmodians did it too and so they’re around somewhere, we just gotsa find where they are.”

Ruffles listened to her totally logical argument, then ate a bug. "I dunno Ruffles, that seems awfully risky. But you're prolly right! We gotsa find our friends and the only people we can see are the Elyos but they prolly know where the Asmodians are so we gotsa ask them. But we gotta ask carefully 'cause they want to kill us."

------

She rifled through the unconscious Elyos' cube, searching for anything that she could eat. She didn’t know when the last time she had eaten was, but it was totally a long time ago and even with all of the adrenaline of the escape and the crazy new sea-continent she found herself on, she was feeling weak from hunger. She paused a moment, eyeing the unconscious man. He was an Elyos scout, she knew that. She’d followed him from their fortress-town, shadowing him until he’d been alone and far enough away that he’d not be able to call for help.

She could have killed him, it would have been easier, but it had still been easy to knock him unconscious. The blonde haired man had poor eyes for a scout, and was weak, like most of his kin - knocking him unconscious from the shadows had been almost child’s play, and it was simple to bind his hands behind his back with the length of rope that she kept in Ruffles’ saddlebags.

She gave a quiet gasp as she found something that looked like food. It was some kind of bizarre half-vinna half brommel fruit-like thing. She sniffed it, then straddled the man’s chest idly, knees on either side of his body. She nibbled at the fruit, then made a Blechh-face. It tasted sort of bad, mostly for its strangeness, but it didn't seem to be killing her, so she took a bite, then another and another, until she had eaten the entire thing. Her long neglected stomach growled, and her hunger pangs renewed. Just as she was about to try to find anything else to eat in the scout’s belongings, he began to stir, moaning quietly.

"Look Ruffles, he's waking up!" She chirruped over to her dark scaled compatriot. The pagati just lounged nearby, sitting on the ground. He yawned, and watched on with dumb, drooling fascination. The Elyos jerked a little at her words, her voice, her language, cutting through the fog of his unconscious mind. He recognized an Asmodian's voice. The man's blue eyes shot open, looking around fearfully. He tried to jerk his hands out from beneath him, but of course, they were bound.

Lumin clapped her clawed hands gleefully, leaning down against him, her bosom pressing into his clavicle. His eyes were immediately drawn to her chest, then they jerked up to her face. She beamed down at him happily, her face only a few inches from his. "Hheelloo!” She shouted loudly and slowly, right into his face. “Mmee Lluummiinn! Mmee wwaanntt ttoooo ffiinndd mmoorree Aassmmooddiiaannss. Tteell mmee aannd Ii’lll Lleett yyoouu ggoo."

The Elyos, of course, did not understand a single word that the pink abomination that sat on his chest was saying. Instead of speaking a response, he hocked back and spat at her face. She didn't blink as the glob of saliva landed just below her left eye. Lumin's beaming, wide-eyed expression never changed, even as the warm spit oozed down her cheek.

"Spitting isn't an answer Mister Man, that's just rude." She chirruped cheerfully at a normal vocal pace. Then she yelled slowly at his face again. "Tthhaatt wwaass vveerryy rruuddee. Mmee hhuurrtt yyoouu nnooww." She even waggled a clawed finger in front of his face, admonishing him like a parent would a child. Then, still beaming happily, she tore his right eye out, claws sinking into the squishy ocular mass and ripping it apart like an oversized grape. Blood and aqueous humor sprayed into her still smiling, never blinking face. A droplet of his blood even landed in her ide-poisoned eye, landing without a flinch or reaction from the madwoman. It slowly rolled down her eye, then into her eyelid..

The Elyos, however, screamed. He writhed beneath her, trying and failing to reach up and cover his wound. He sobbed and sputtered in his own language, cursing the Asmodian girl one moment and pleading with her the next. Casually, Lumin peered at the torn globular bit of flesh in her claws, then she tossed it aside. Ruffles moved in an instant, snapping the eye up mid-air with a wet chomp. He made a happy sound.

Slowly, she blinked, thrusting her face up to within an inch of his. Her smile widened even further. Slowly, he stilled, whimpering and moaning. Snot dripped down his nose.

"I like playing fun games Mister Man but I really want to find my Legion-mates. Bossman Aadesh was gonna treat us all to superneato sundaes with sprinkles on top if we took Pradeth and we sort of did and I don't want to miss sundaes with sprinkles on top and nuts and hot fudge too so you should tell me what I want to know 'cause I can keep you alive for a superduperextralooper long time while I play with your nerves. There's this neatosweeto trick I know where I can cut into your back and there's this spiffariffic little nerveajigg in this bit of bone called the axial nerveadoodle and I totally know how to pluck it so that every inch of your your back and spine and arms all start screaming in pain and it's like super hurty, like a make-your-mouth-froth-before-you-pass-out-but-even-when-you're-asleep-it-still-hurts-and-your-life-becomes-a-living-hell-from-which-there-is-no-escape kind of hurty. It's neat." She paused, taking a moment to remember what she was supposed to be saying - hurting people got her so excited.

"Oh yeah! So you gots to tell me where my people are." She blinked again, then sat up a bit. She pointed to herself several times. "Mmee." Then she raised a hand and cupped it over her eyes, mimicking the motion of looking into or searching the distance. "Llookk." She paused a moment, the cogs in her mind grinding. Suddenly she giggled. She reached around to her rear and slipped a hand about the bottom of her mane, tugging it over her hip and pointing towards it. "Ffoorr Aassmmooddiiaannss.."

The Elyos sobbed in pain, but slowly nodded in understanding. Lumin clapped her hands together happily, a few droplets of the Elyos' blood falling onto her bosom. "Yaay! You get to help us then I'll let you go! Yay you!"

She hopped to her feet,and whistled. Ruffles rose up lazily, scratching at the harness of his rocket pack. She fetched up the length of rope attached to the Elyos' bound hands, then reached down and pulled him to his feet. He barely managed to stand. She tugged him over to her red rocket-cycle, Chompers, and tied the rope to one of the grips. She hopped onto the floating mount of mass destruction, then made a shooing motion to the Elyos. "Go! Take me to my friends!"

The seemingly broken scout seemed to understand, whimpering and hobbling forward. Lumin carefully eased the throttle up, floating along with the Elyos. Ruffles yawned, following after and occasionally sniffing at the strange, sea-like flora. After fifteen or twenty minutes, he chased after a giant flying puffball that looked sort of like a fish, but when he caught it and bit into it, it burst like a gore-filled balloon. Moments after the goresplosion, he began to sneeze up bits of pufferfish, shaking his head left and right. Lumin giggled. “Oh, Ruffles.”

It took the better part of the day, but as the sun was drawing close to the strange Balaurean horizon, the Elyos motioned with his head, stopping at the base of a hill.

Lumin hopped off of Chompers, and motioned for Ruffles to stay put. Carefully, she moved up the hill, keeping low, and tugging the Elyos close. She forced him down, and as were about to crest the top of the hill, Lumin stopped, tugging the Elyos still, as well. Lumin's eyes were wide, scanning the very large problem she saw before her. The Elyos wore a knowing grin of triumph behind her back.

They were unseen, but at the base of the other side of the hill lay a sprawling military bivouac. Hundreds of Elyos soldiers were in various stages of preparation - Lumin could even see a few floating siege engines near the center of the camp. Their focal point was obvious - a huge, glowing blue rift, a tear in space that lead to some other place. Lumin had a fairly decent idea (in a general sort of way) of where that rift would lead.

The Elyos took a deep breath as quietly as he could, opening his mouth wide to shout. Without looking, Lumin's left hand sprang up, claws sinking into the man's throat as the tendons in her fingers flexed, then she wrenched her hand forward, ripping a massive chunk of the scout's throat out - and with it, his larynx. His shout for help-turned-scream died before it could reach his lips, whistling quietly out the hole in his throat. She spun around, dropping down to the ground and tugging the Elyos with her. She slipped a knife into her hand and rammed it into the man's remaining eye. She cooed quietly for a few moments. cradling his twitching corpse, before slipping the blade out with a bloody squelching sound. Already, motes of aether were flitting out of the Daeva’s body - he was bound somewhere. She had a few minutes before he'd be able to tell his people where she was. She had to act fast.

She scurried down the hill, moving over to Ruffles. "Ruffles we gotsa problem!" she whispered hurriedly to the pagati. He blorped at her, then belched up a bit of pufferfish and spat it out.

"There's lots of Elyos between us and a rift home and we gotta sneak past them....but if we do that then they can still mount their attack on our people! We can't let them do that, Ruffles, we gotsa stop them." She hugged the Pagati's head against her bountiful bosom, stroking it as she murmured. He slobbered all over her. "I think I gotsa plan but we got like two minutes so we gotta be super duper fast, Ruffles."

She scurried up the hill, snagging up the rope that was left behind - the Elyos daeva was gone now, the only reminders of his presence being droplets of blood in the reddish, seaweed-like grass, and an indentation where his body had lain. She moved to Chompers, tying the rope about the handles of the modified rocket. "Ok Chompers I need your help for this!" she chirped to the inanimate object. She paused a moment, as if listening to its silent reply. Then she patted it on the nosecone, between where she had painted its eyes. "Okiedokielokie, Ruffles, Chompers, we gotta do this one go no retries it's gonna be superultramegadooper fun!"

She beckoned the pagati over, and he shuffled to the pink haired assassin. He opened his gaping, slobbery maw and leaned down, taking some of her hair into his mouth and gnawing on it. Lumin giggled. "Later, Ruffles. We gotsa fly!" With that, she leaned over the red rocket, and looped the rope around the stabilizer, then she threw the throttle up to full and let go.The rocket roared to life, the idgel core within bursting into action. Chompers roared forwards, up the hill like a ramp, then it burst up into the open air, flying high.

Lumin hopped onto Ruffles, and hit the remote ignition for his rocket pack. The engine burst into life, and they, too, were rocketing skyward, Lumin squealing with joy as the wind whipped up about them.

The Elyos were shouting as the red rocket burst over the hill and into the air above their bivouac. Spells were being readied at this threat, when suddenly from the other side of the hill, a rocket-powered pagati and his pink-haired rider bolted skyward. Flummoxed and distracted, they hesitated, and what spells that were launched towards them missed wildly. Lumin had counted on that. She knew no one would ever expect a Rocket Pagati.

Blazing a trail high into the sky over the Elysian camp, Lumin squealed happily, clutching at Ruffles' neck. "Operation Boom Boom Pow is a go, Ruffles! Weeeeeeeee!" With that, she slipped a knife out and cut the cordage of one of the rockets propelling the Pagati. It tumbled earthward. Then she slit another and another off, each rocket tumbling towards the Elyos camp. She nudged Ruffles, and he angled them towards the glowing blue rift. With a final slice, she unleashed the massive, modified cannon that served as the primary power source of his wondrous Rocket Pagati-pack. She clutched at his neck as his harness slid off. There was a massive jolt - they lost momentum without the primary booster, and began falling earthward with the device, but then with a HURRRRR of triumph, Ruffles unfurled his wings, and they glided towards the rift.

The first rocket impacted into the Elyos camp, and the ide-blast of its detonation tore through flesh, bone, metal and soul. Then the second rocket hit, and the third, fourth, and fifth. The dead were silent, but the dying screamed into the wind, a sound that excited Lumin to her core. She loved screams.

Lumin bit her tongue in excitement and concentration, clutching to ruffles' neck as the Rift dominated their vision - they were so close! The main rocket impacted, and the detonation was massive. As the shockwave raced outwards from the ruined Elyos camp, Lumin and Ruffles flew through the swirling Rift, and into a new land. Behind them, ide-flames roared, and an explosion burst out from the rift. They tumbled to the ground, falling flat on their bellies as ide-flames licked out of the rift momentarily. A moment later, Lumin squealed with joy, laughing aloud. "That was so awesome Ruffles did you see that we were all like whooosh zoom then BOOM BOOM BOOOM! Yaaaay us!" She hopped to her feet, dancing around happily.Then from the rift came a zipping, spinning sound, and another explosion. Lumin ducked, clutching her hat to her head as a spinning red object was hurled through the rift, which was wavering, its magic destabilized by the ide explosions. With a loud THUNK, Chompers implanted itself in the ground, half-buried on one side.

Lumin blinked in surprise. "Chompers, you lived! Wow! Yay Chompers!” She danced happily over to the steaming red engine, patting the searing hot surface of it happily. “Yay Ruffles!” She hopped over to the pagati and pressed her lips against his muzzle. Then, she tossed her hands up towards the sky in victory, beaming madly. “Yay, Lumin!”

Calming after a few moments, she could hear movement, nearby. Behind her, the Rift was tearing itself apart, its power waving about much like seaweed in the surf. She glanced around, taking in their surroundings for the first time. This new place was softer, blue-er than the Elyos held land. There were worn away rocks and ruins everywhere, and giant seashells. it looked like her ideal concept of what a beach would look like. She heard a few shouts from a short distance away - they were Asmodians! She giggle-snorted gleefully, and waited - within a few minutes, a dozen darkly armored Asmodian Archons appeared coming down the sandy beach, accompanied by half a dozen figures Lumin couldn’t recognize. They were almost ethereal - lightly built humanoids with pale blue skin. They were scantily clad, and beautiful in a strange way. They seemed sort of fishy to her. The party marched up close to her, then stopped..

Lumin beamed madly at them, her lips so wide that her teeth were visible, mismatched eyes almost glowing with joy. The Asmodians - and the Tehji - gawked at the scene. "Hi!" she chirruped. "I’m Lumin!"