Old 04-14-2012, 06:14 AM
Elyos
Default Audria Ore

I don't know about the asmo side but I am assuming it is similar. On elyos side you can get a daily that gives you fertilizer for your plants.

This quest gives you 2 choices. You can either find the seasonal agrint and kill it, good luck with that, or you can get what you need from audria ore.

If you are like me you went running around looking for a gatherable named audria ore. That was your first mistake. Its not actually an ore, its a mob.

I found 6 different ones on elyos side.
Ice Audria
Sweltering Audria
Vernal Audria
Rain Audria
Snowflower Audria
Sprouting Audria

Here is basically what you are looking for, the each look somewhat different but this gives you an idea of what it is.

The easiest way to find them is this. Run around the housing area and look for white dots on your mini map. Just keep running and spamming tab whenever you see white dots. They will not be on roads or paths and I didn't find any on the beach. Don't stay in one village or area move around. I made the mistake the first time of staying on one area because I kept finding a lot of audria there but didn't get the final quest item until I moved to another area.
Old 04-14-2012, 11:43 AM
Elyos
Default Re: Audria Ore

Thanks.. I have some of the quest items but I don't remember where I picked them up... I thought it was in balauria, but I don't know for sure....

Last edited by Alita - Israphel; 04-14-2012 at 12:00 PM.
Old 04-15-2012, 12:52 AM
Elyos

After walking around 2/3 of Oriel, I eventually found some Audria in Arcada State west of Roofrock Village, on Elroco Hill.

Also, it seems the node type determines which crystal you get. I only received 3 so far, all Hard Aether Gems, all from Snowflower Audri. I'll update as I get the rest.

EDIT :
Ice Audria --> Broken Aether Gem
Snowflower Audrio --> Hard Aether Gem or Broken Aether Gem

Apparently node type doesn't matter, but now I have 5x or Broken and Hard but no Rough Aether Gem.

Last edited by Liantros - Tiamat; 04-15-2012 at 01:03 AM.
Old 04-16-2012, 05:25 AM
Elyos

I am very dissappointed I must say in this quest. I can not do it daily maybe weekly if I am lucky. TOO many players not enough or fast respawn times on the rough aether gem. have Broken Aether Gem 14 and Hard Aether 9 and still NO Rough. And to add insult to injury some of the Audria nods do not give anything :(

On a full server this is CRAZY We have far too many elyos for the spawn rate/drop rate something
Old 04-16-2012, 11:53 PM
Elyos

No quest works just fine, all you have to do is invest sometime and run around in the whole oriel map and find the ore.
Old 04-17-2012, 02:45 AM
Elyos

Are the ores on respawn timer, or do they randomly spawn anywhere? I decided to make a map of the ores in Oriel, and I noticed that there were virtually NO ores on the entire northern part of the map. I found tons on the southern side.

And by god, it took me about 2 hours just to find ONE rough aether gem (compared to 8 broken gems, and 7 hard gems). Daily quest my @#%!
Old 04-17-2012, 04:09 AM
Elyos

They have timers, as I got a couple in the same place.

The Rough stones come from (at least) the Rain Audria's. There's one that spawns on that west island, where the wooden bridge runs into the mountains. Sorry I don't remember the names of the places yet.

Pretty sure each type only drops one quest material though, my experiences match the above posters on the other two mentioned types.
Old 04-17-2012, 04:20 AM
Asmodians

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kattalakis - Israphel View Post
I don't know about the asmo side but I am assuming it is similar. On elyos side you can get a daily that gives you fertilizer for your plants.

This quest gives you 2 choices. You can either find the seasonal agrint and kill it, good luck with that, or you can get what you need from audria ore.

If you are like me you went running around looking for a gatherable named audria ore. That was your first mistake. Its not actually an ore, its a mob.

I found 6 different ones on elyos side.
Ice Audria
Sweltering Audria
Vernal Audria
Rain Audria
Snowflower Audria
Sprouting Audria

Here is basically what you are looking for, the each look somewhat different but this gives you an idea of what it is.

The easiest way to find them is this. Run around the housing area and look for white dots on your mini map. Just keep running and spamming tab whenever you see white dots. They will not be on roads or paths and I didn't find any on the beach. Don't stay in one village or area move around. I made the mistake the first time of staying on one area because I kept finding a lot of audria there but didn't get the final quest item until I moved to another area.
Thanks! Never thought about looking for the white dots. I have only found 2 and should have marked where I found them but thought about it after the fact. This will make things much easier. :)
Old 04-22-2012, 03:29 AM
Elyos

I wouldn’t recommend anyone to do this quest unless they are extremely patient and have Greater Running Scrolls or the new implemented Mount. I did this quest for the first time on my chanter and was lucky to get all three parts of the quest items off of three different mobs. Any time I do the quest now it usually takes me 3+ hours or 2-3 days to get it completed.

I wouldn’t consider this a daily quest unless you are willing to spend multiple hours to get the quest finished. ((It takes me 30mins to a hour to finish the other dailies.)) Some of them do spawn at the same locations as you found them before, but I believe they are randomized. The spawn rate is horrible and you will end up with multiples of the others such as Broken and Hard, but can never find a Rough one. Some mobs tend to drop nothing when looted.

I am an extremely patient person when it comes to grinding, questing, and etc. Yet, this quest is by far the most annoying one that I have encountered in the game. I’d highly recommend that the spawn rates be increased or provide more of them to spawn. I would also like to possibly recommend a persistent speed running boost for Oriel, but that may be asking too much. I do like the idea that they are untradeable and unsellable to where players won’t be putting them in the Broker for 100M Kinah or selling them. Those are just my thoughts and opinions about the quest, but if you have the time and patience to do the quest it will be worth your time. You’ll end up with 8 guestblooms total, daily, to use them on your own chests or helping your friends/legion with theirs.
Old 04-22-2012, 04:57 AM
Elyos

Actually...I THINK I've got this one licked. Everything in Oriel is based on seasons -- including where the spawns are for audria. In the off-season places, there are only 1 -2 spawns of each kind. For instance, right now it's spring. There are a metric ton of vernal and sprouting audria up, and they're all on the ne island (the one with Goldendell Village - Elyos -- sorry Asmos, no information for you, you camp my spy quests *cough* I mean, I honestly don't know =) ). The current month is end of March - beginning of April. So you have two nodes that are enormously populated, and finding (currently) Hard Aether ones is..well, hard. However, notice how the posters above mention they couldn't find -Rough- Aethers? That's because it was February in-game (Winter) at the time of posting, and there were snowbound and ice audria everywhere. Now Rough Aether is aplenty and Hard Aether is in short supply. Next time, Broken Aether will be hard to get. I'm not sure what the fourth season will bring, though.

Stock up on a ton of the ones that are available in times of plenty, find the one Hard you need per day for the moment (Sweltering drops Hard for me pretty often, think of palm trees...) and turn in your quest. Keep farming until you have ~60 or so (I'd go for 90, as you have 3 full in-game months of each season) of all the ones you can (and mark them on your map with the drawing tool). At that point you'll have a 'rotation' of the out-of-stock ones to make it through the 'dry' months and you'll never have trouble with your daily again. =)

Refer to the Agrint Spawn post for the locations of the general vicinities of Spring/Summer/Fall/Winter and you'll see which areas will have plenty. I hope this was clear enough to understand, and see y'all in game.

Edit: Now, does anyone know what a 'Vernal Flower Aether' is for?

Last edited by Anjelika - Kahrun; 04-22-2012 at 05:00 AM.