Old 04-17-2012, 11:57 PM
Asmodians
Default Re: Faction Restrictions

I don't think that this is the right thing to do. I'm an Asmodian myself, but forbidding people from choosing what they want is pretty awful thing to do.
Old 04-18-2012, 05:10 AM
Asmodians

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apprivoise - Israphel View Post
At the end of the day, Mayanna, people make what they want to make. If you look at my signature, my guild originally went Asmodian. I love the Asmodian race. My Asmodian character had a lot more effort put into it than my Elyos. Unfortunately, several of my guild members decided at 30-40 that they didn't really like the surreal, inverted settings and switched. My Elyos cleric is identical to my Asmodian cleric, except with slightly pinker skin.

Now, when I say, "No one wants imbalance," I mean that everyone wants the factions to be balanced to preserve the lifetime of the game. Unbalanced factions leads to players, like you, not enjoying themselves in certain aspects of the game, and this leads to people quitting, and people quitting leads to the overall jumping of ship to another title--which, let's face it, happened. We are trying to avoid a Round 2 with Truly Free Aion.
Sorry for the serious snip job, I did it for easier reading. I'm really not trying to come off like the "they rolled ezmode" trolls. I may tend to come off harsh, or maybe blunt is a better word, but that's because I'm a blunt person. That said:

I truly do love the Asmodian race, and you can tell I do since, even when my legion rerolled to Israphel from Zikel, we rolled Asmodian, unlike some other legions that I know that rerolled there as Elyos. What you have to ask yourself is why they decided to reroll as Elyos. Was it because they were viewed as "ezmode", or smply due to the dominance of the faction? Were there other factors as well? While this may seem like a contradiction, but Asmodae isn't so much dark as Elysea is extremely bright. Regarding surreal, they must avoid the abyss at all costs, because looking at that particular zone, surreal is the best way to describe it.

What I read is: Everyone wants the factions to be balanced, but they want somebody else to do it. This may indeed not be what you mean, but that's how it comes off.
Yes, I have rerolled.
http://na.aiononline.com/myaion-legion-detail?serverId=2&legionId=25240
Old 04-18-2012, 06:38 AM
Elyos

Yes, I'm sorry to say.

People do want factions to be balanced so that Aion lasts. Unbalanced factions are demoralizing to the faction with the disadvantage, and it drives people away--in this case, Asmodians. But, you're right. Players do want someone else to do the balancing for them.

I believe you intended to mean that Elyos players want other players to take the responsibility of balancing. This is selfish of them. I believe everyone wants NCSoft to do the balancing, except in a more positive way. This is still a bit selfish because players are shifting the blame of imbalance and the responsibility of fixing it to NCSoft, but it's a video game.

We, ourselves in real life, are witnessing economies collapse, tragic events unfolding at every turn, and causes that really need championing for. I don't mean to speak for or offend anyone, but we're not exactly stepping up to meet the challenge. At least, we're not devoting all of our time to these things if we're playing Aion. So, realistically speaking, if faction balance is left up to the good of the MMO playerbase, Aion is ----ed.

As we, or at least I, have decided that it is up to NCSoft to fix their baby, we aren't exactly grateful players, complaining about how they go about it, but... /shrug. We aren't in short supply of hypocrisy. Ho ho.

Now that I've laid grounds as to why it shouldn't be left up to us, an extremely flawed and broken people, I acknowledge that NCSoft is trying, which is great. No sarcasm. It's GREAT. But, they've gone about it the wrong way. Instead of luring unsuspecting players into the Asmodian van, NCSoft is man-handling us with faction restrictions.

What was that saying about honey and vinegar? Vinegar sucks. Use honey.

http://jetpack-supercats.shivtr.com/

Last edited by Apprivoise - Israphel; 04-18-2012 at 06:39 AM.
Old 04-18-2012, 08:27 AM
Elyos

Roflmao, I got the fix. Do away with the asmo faction entirely and have 2 elyos factions. 1 sporting blue and 1 sporting green. Exact same chars exact same quests everything. I mean after all there is no real difference between the two right. (As it was stated a couple post ago).

I'm sure ur asking ur self but what about my stuff on my asmo, well I'm sure there are equivalent pieces on the elyos side that would work the same. Everyone gets apperance tickets and name changes there everything done minus the campaings which shouldn't be too hard to fix.

Whoa, now ncsoft can give away or sell faction swapping tickets and make even more money. Damn I should have gone to work in marketing.

Last edited by Pindragon - Israphel; 04-18-2012 at 08:29 AM.
Old 04-18-2012, 08:30 AM
Asmodians

Quote:
Do away with the asmo faction entirely and have 2 elyos factions.
Nuh uh brah!!! Has it occurred to you that a lot of asmos play asmo cause they actually like the race :P
Old 04-18-2012, 08:32 AM
Elyos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronove - Tiamat View Post
Nuh uh brah!!! Has it occurred to you that a lot of asmos play asmo cause they actually like the race :P

I love the Asmo race but I play Elyos mainly because that is where my friends are, if I could play Asmo but still be on the same faction as my Elyos friends I would do it in a heartbeat
Old 04-18-2012, 09:07 AM
Elyos

All I am saying is that something has to be done. People that are playing an asmo like playing them, but ur faction is outnumbered.

You like playing ur asmo but I bet ur one of the first people to complain about faction imbalance. I'm offering a solution to fix the problem with people not wanting to play that particular faction. Do away with all and have all elyos, swap some of the top legions to the other side via their own will (the players). That will even the playing field and u can still have ur asmo look that u like.

I'm sure ncsoft can put the claw feet, hands and fur into the char creation to appease everyone's taste.
Old 04-18-2012, 09:26 AM
Asmodians

As a new player to this game, it feels like trash to be, as others put it, man handled by a company I am just getting acquainted to. A group of us wanted to start on this game, so we all started downloading. A few of us had download problems, so the others got in a few days early and started playing. Apparently it was a mistake to roll Elyos on Tiamat. A few more of us got in yesterday, but we still have several who are now, yet again, locked out from creating a character with us. Solution? We will probably just quit and go elsewhere. Feels pretty bad.
Old 04-18-2012, 09:33 AM
Elyos

I still just gotta wonder what data they are looking at to determine how balanced the factions are. I am still a fairly new player, only been playing a few weeks and up to 36 but so far I have ALWAYS seen the Asmodians control more Fortresses, including the "useful" ones, and everytime I go into the Abyss at all I run into numerous Asmodians everywhere but hardly any Elyos. From all I've seen with my own eyes it seems Asmodians dominate Tiamat quite well yet Elyos are the ones being locked out.

I originally joined Tiamat Elyos to play with some RL friends but I also assumed they would be the underdogs when it came to PVP and I enjoy playing the underdogs and trying to help actually make a difference. 90% of the time in mmo's the "light" side tends to have 2-4x as many players on the server than the "dark" side but at the same time half of the people who play the "light" side want nothing to do whatsoever with PVP, the "dark" side always tends to draw in far more hardcore pvpers. If you have 10,000 Elyos players on a server and 7,000 Asmodians on a server sure at first look it seems unbalanced in favor of the Elyos. If only 3,000 of those 10,000 Elyos ever engage in any actual PVP while 6,000 of those Asmodians do then obviously the imbalance vastly favors the Asmodians.

Maybe I simply haven't seen enough of the game yet but from the number of players in the Abyss, Influence, specific fortress control, asmodian rifting death squads, and so on it sure seems so far like NCSoft has their facts backwards when they say Elyos dominate so bad and need to be locked.

Regardless of all of the above I still agree things need to be addressed but complete locking of character creation does nothing to aid the situation. People who want to play Elyos will simply not play at all or just wait until it unlocks on a server and when it does unlock you'll simply get a huge influx of new Elyos players that will simply "unbalance" things once again. Look at Tiamat, you already took down the Elyos lockout on Tiamat and put it back up less than a day later, obviously these complete faction lockouts aren't working lol. If only Aion had been designed around 3 or more factions as they always seem to have faaaar less imbalance problems than all the games using a 2 faction system.
Old 04-18-2012, 10:10 AM
Asmodians

Lol the elyos hugely outnumber the asmos on my server. Fact: elyos wait 30+ min for dredge pops by their own admission. Asmos wait no more than 10 SECONDS. Elyos just want continued easy mode which is why they nyerk about this.