View Poll Results: Did leatrix fix work for you?
Yes 20 37.04%
No 17 31.48%
Maybe 17 31.48%
Voters: 54. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 04-19-2012, 09:36 AM
Elyos
Default Re: Aion -Reduce ping / lag ^_^

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infinity - Tiamat View Post
Yeah, this is the situation for me, too. I only lag in Aion. I have 35 megabit FIOS, which normally doesn't even flinch when I'm dual boxing in other MMORPGs (like Rift, and had no lag in Tera's betas, have none in CoH or Everquest 2 and WoW is lag free even when multiboxing as well).

But here in Aion, I get lag. PMB has been deleted, and I never file share or run TSRs in the background on my PC.... Now maybe it's time for some IP bans so Gameforge peeps can get back where they belong, and maybe it's also time NCsoft coughed up a BZ server to reduce NA lag as well....

Have you installed Leatrix, and are you sure its not hardware lag? If you have 64bit OS try the 64bit as well. I used to lag a lot in 32 bit, didnt relaly have to do with my connection
Old 04-19-2012, 09:46 AM
Elyos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kissenger - Israphel View Post
Have you installed Leatrix, and are you sure its not hardware lag? If you have 64bit OS try the 64bit as well. I used to lag a lot in 32 bit, didnt relaly have to do with my connection
I have 64 bit Win 7. I'm NE USA, never had to use Leatrix or any ping reducers for any game, including Aion. I never used to get lag in Aion, but only do now since 3.0. The servers are jam-packed full. There's the difference.
Old 04-19-2012, 09:47 AM
Asmodians

Living in New Jersey, I don't use anything to help my ping it's usually around 300. Using the 64 bit client, Leatrix, and WTFast I get 80-120. It's annoying because this is the only MMO that I lag in. Even playing on a west coast server for SWTOR I was getting 40-50ms.

DEAL WITH IT.
Old 04-19-2012, 09:49 AM
Asmodians

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urtv - Tiamat View Post

nothing wrong with my connection.still lags only when playing aion
you also have to realize that your pinging a NY server, which was probably the closest server to you. try pining a server in dallas,tx. and still those wont be the aion servers...

Edit: Im from PA and play with 110-130 ping, yet when i ping dallas its like 80ms so there is a little hiccup somewhere. Also ive heard that you ping isnt super important to be really low, just that is fairly consistent. Its spikes that cause the lag effect so if im playing on my ping of 110-130 against someone with 30ping with spikes up to 200, my experience will be better.

I think thats how it goes...

Last edited by Lan - Kahrun; 04-19-2012 at 09:58 AM.
Old 04-19-2012, 09:50 AM
Elyos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infinity - Tiamat View Post
I have 64 bit Win 7. I'm NE USA, never had to use Leatrix or any ping reducers for any game, including Aion. I never used to get lag in Aion, but only do now since 3.0. The servers are jam-packed full. There's the difference.
Could be, but servers are meant to be full tbh, I dont know how great the servers for Aion are, but I do know they are all in a single location, I think texas but not sure.. try the leatrix fix, its really simple install and forget.. No need to do anything except restart your comp..

So try that and try running aion is 64-bit if your not already.. aside from my ping which is 40ms, the 64bit has helped me the most.
Old 04-19-2012, 10:04 AM
Elyos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lan - Kahrun View Post
you also have to realize that your pinging a NY server, which was probably the closest server to you. try pining a server in dallas,tx. and still those wont be the aion servers...

Edit: Im from PA and play with 110-130 ping, yet when i ping dallas its like 80ms so there is a little hiccup somewhere. Also ive heard that you ping isnt super important to be really low, just that is fairly consistent. Its spikes that cause the lag effect so if im playing on my ping of 110-130 against someone with 30ping with spikes up to 200, my experience will be better.

I think thats how it goes...
Consistent ping is important, but a 30 ping semi consistant is much much better in aion then a 110-130 ping. Cause AIon doesnt have global cooldowns like a lot of mmo's.. where each cooldown is minimum 500ms etc

Packet loss causes a lot of lag spikes and characters teleporting around
Old 04-19-2012, 10:07 AM
Asmodians

Quote:
true, but I wanted just to give some free accessible solutions.. battleping costs money and the free trial isnt all that ( do they still limit you to how long you can use it during play? ) I had battleping for a while, it didnt do too much for me, I heard its better used for players who are connecting to a game server from another country or really long distance.

Heard of gamebooster, but I do that on my own xD (Task manager all day erday!) Thanks, Ima look into gamebooster and see if its worthwhile for myself, if so Il add it to my op
Heh. I tried BattlePing it didn't do anything for me either, but some some if does help.

I didn't see any restrictions though. (other than the free month)

Gamebooster. It helped me a little. but I don't have much running to begin with that (I use up 20-40% CPU with aion running) and I'm lazy. If I can have something that does the work for me awwwwwwwwwwwesommmmme

It'll help the people who are computer challenged and don't really know how the task manager works or with an older computer. xD
Old 04-19-2012, 10:09 AM
Asmodians

Quote:
Consistent ping is important, but a 30 ping semi consistant is much much better in aion then a 110-130 ping. Cause AIon doesnt have global cooldowns like a lot of mmo's.. where each cooldown is minimum 500ms etc

Packet loss causes a lot of lag spikes and characters teleporting around
Not reall the difference between 30ms(.03) and 130ms(.13) is one tenth of a second, consistency here far outweighs lower ping with spikes

Last edited by Lan - Kahrun; 04-19-2012 at 10:11 AM.
Old 04-19-2012, 10:14 AM
Elyos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lan - Kahrun View Post
Not reall the difference between 30ms(.03) and 130ms(.13) is one tenth of a second, consistency here far outweighs lower ping
Its very noticeable in the game, as miniscule and it sounds, it makes a big difference with skill rotation.. I had a 130 ping this morning before installing leatrix (fresh windows install) after leatrix and a 40ish ping, it felt like a entirely new game tbh.. Especially when your trying to get 3 knockdown skills off in the course of a few seconds

For windows, there is a 400ms delay in windows poping up after you click, I had to edit the reg to reduce it to 1ms because it was bothering me xD, maybe some people are more perceptive to the miniscule delays, but for me as a glad, I neeed less then an 80ms ping always..

As far as consistency, there really is no such thing for internet.. Peek hours will always reduce your connection speed, unseen background programs updating themselves and such will do the same... way too many things to take into account.. so best option would be, lower it as low as possible, regardless I think if it goes low, it will be as constant as having it at 100, but dont quote me on that xD
Old 04-19-2012, 10:19 AM
Asmodians

I got a new computer and forgot all about that WoW latency fix. Thx for the reminder. The difference isn't too huge with me tbh but it certainly keeps ping more consistent which is what I was really craving.

Also, I was under the assumption your internet already comes optimized with Windows 7 so do I really need that second program?

Main: 60 Elyos Assassin (Israphel)
Alt: 60 Asmodian Spiritmaster (Tiamat)
Closed Thread