Old 04-27-2012, 11:59 AM
Elyos
Default Re: expert test ..........cm respond please

lol that sucks. And I thought blowing 4m for my Alchemy expert was bad lmao. (Only that high because of mats on new server...otherwise..........)

http://blackbeautysince1989.tumblr.com/
Old 04-27-2012, 12:03 PM
Elyos

ya the patterns are 300k each for 1 try. so you have to keep buying them over and over and over and the mats. And not even a high level one that for sure procs like in some crafting. And all the fails are useless, can not trade them in for anything, can not sell them to a npc even

At least make x tries for slushie you can turn them all in for 1 tasty one
Something
Old 05-08-2012, 05:12 AM
Elyos

29 million spent so far on JUST buying the patterns on the 2nd part of the expert quest. I have procced 1/4 items. This is just plain stupid. Why do all the other crafting professions get an easy mode guaranteed proc?

Also I've spent about 20 million on buying mats, but I have been farming most of them myself. I've used up combined about 10000 mats.

Maybe I'm not facing the cooking table at the right angle....
Old 05-08-2012, 05:24 AM
Elyos

I feel your pain, I was trying to pass that test and spent every bit of money I had. ended up spending over 50 mill trying to pass the 4 proc stage. IT is as always here it seems, one extreme to the other

And the really bad part is they do not seem to care
Old 05-18-2012, 02:11 AM
Elyos

I thought I had it bad. I have 0 procs so far and 4 mil, I guess this is actually the case and I'm not crazy. Okay so one needs around 40 mil to get expert cooking. Got it. I'll need to spread this out over many levels
Old 05-18-2012, 06:32 AM
Asmodians

after reading all this, i've gone to gathering for what i can get, in steps of upto 10 per attempt, and posting what mats i don't use to broker. it's helped recoup some of it. but dmmit i'm addicted to my cippo jelly, and not into paying 8-9k kinah for each on siel :x
Old 05-20-2012, 07:54 AM
Elyos

Tbh, I just saw this thread, and I have come to a conclusion that people are simply too lazy. Be smart, gather the mats and craft it yourself, I just finished the first part of my Expert test, and I spent like probably 1 Mil because my Aethertapping it's not leveled, which I'm going to start to do for the second part. Every profession it's beneficial but you just have to think about how you're going to approach it.
Good luck.
Old 05-30-2012, 12:23 PM
Elyos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwib - Israphel View Post
Tbh, I just saw this thread, and I have come to a conclusion that people are simply too lazy. Be smart, gather the mats and craft it yourself, I just finished the first part of my Expert test, and I spent like probably 1 Mil because my Aethertapping it's not leveled, which I'm going to start to do for the second part. Every profession it's beneficial but you just have to think about how you're going to approach it.
Good luck.
Mmm what you said made me slightly hot in the collar. I gathered all my gatherable materials myself (i.e. did not spend anything on Aether or Ervio or Perer or Lunime or Esosa or Tange or Litrea or Zigi). Each one-use recipe costs ~290k for Fasimedes' food.

How I ended up spending 7 million on this was I crafted 23 chowders in order to get one tasty at the end. Oh and one failed.

23 might not sound like a lot, but it does add up to nearly all the money I got from questing.

That said I am spreading this out as I go so I maintain a reasonable balance for paying for any new equipment I need as I level up.

And the first part of the quest I finished fairly quickly and fairly cheaply. It is the second part that has drained my coffers.

Interestingly enough I am finding adventure in this now as I continue to venture to the outlands in Theobomos to continue to gather my mats for this quest after round of failing multiple times.
Old 05-30-2012, 12:47 PM
Elyos

Spent 9kk on the first part and around 3kk on the 2nd (all proc'd in about 10-12 attempts combined). Guess I was lucky. Never going through that again.
Old 06-06-2012, 01:45 PM
Elyos

I spent about 25 million doing both, I ended up going to Oriel and try cooking there too see if it didn't fail as much. The downside is that food is pretty cheap in Kahrun and you can't really profit from it.