Old 04-11-2012, 01:13 PM
Asmodians
Default PTS gone?

I noticed when I updated to 3.0 that the PTS is gone from my launcher. Have they removed it altogether?
Old 04-11-2012, 01:15 PM
Asmodians
Default Re: PTS gone?

They did a long time ago.
Check out my projects on AionRolePlayers.. Most of my other projects are pretty much completely discontinued.. due to the fact that I really don't like the people who I based the characters off of anymore. No, I don't like them very much at all.
Old 04-12-2012, 05:01 AM
Elyos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Athame - Israphel View Post
They did a long time ago.
No they didn't. It was there until 3.0 dropped Wednesday afternoon. I was figuring it no longer shows up because there is so much new content, so one of these days soon I'm going to delete the whole PTS folder (which we had to originally add manually anyway to get it to show in the launcher) and redo it. You have to copy the original game into a different folder, yada yada (directions were always stickied somewhere in this subforum), so it will probably show up again if I do that.

The reason I haven't bothered yet is that NCsoft doesn't really seem to use the PTS for anything these days anyway though.
Old 05-03-2012, 08:36 PM
Asmodians

Would think they would nix this forum if PTS was gone.
Old 05-03-2012, 11:49 PM
Elyos

Noticed it was gone after 3.0 update in launcher too. Then on my alt trial account which l can now use since game has gone F2P, I happened to open the Tiamat server and found two of my three PTS characters had been moved there along with two characters. At first l thought my account had been hacked till l realised what had happened. The two from PTS have weird names such as 4s**** and inventories contain name change tickets.
I am waiting now on a support ticket to see if l can get them transferred to my main character's servers....
Old 05-04-2012, 07:05 AM
Asmodians

Hmm, I have only a single account with 8 toons and had 8 on the PTS. I wonder where the PTS toons are now?
Old 05-10-2012, 01:25 PM
Elyos

I sent in a support ticket about this:

"I saw in the forum where someone said that their PTS toons had shown up on one of their accounts. If this is true; I would like to ask what the status of my PTS Level 55 Templar is, is it possible to regain the use of them"?

This was their reply:

"Currently we do not provide any services on PTS. I doubt that players can find their PTS characters in a normal client. If you have any other questions, please feel free to contact us again".

So it doesn't sound real positive
Old 07-27-2012, 11:00 PM
Elyos

Why do they need Public Test Server? It's clear that NC releases flawless patches all the time, they don't need to test things! Only mortals who make mistakes test things, but even if NC does something that wasn't intended, they just forgot that it was intended in the first place after a couple of days!

Never tell NC they need to test things, when they are super human MMO deploying machines who never make mistakes!
Old 07-29-2012, 07:40 PM
Asmodians

pts has been taken down around 3.0 actually
Old 07-31-2012, 11:10 AM
Asmodians

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leilio - Tiamat View Post
pts has been taken down around 3.0 actually
Yes, this thread was posted a couple days after 3.0 went live. Stupidest thing they could have done, really. Having the PTS with people able to test content for 2-3 weeks before it goes live prevents all kinds of problems with the playerbase.

But they don't listen to me