Old 05-05-2012, 07:48 AM
Asmodians
Default Stigmas?

Hello there,

I'm looking for some help with stigmas. I'm wondering if there is a chanter hybrid spec that is capable of having good support while still being viable in pvp and able to do decent damage.

I'd love to be able to have blessing of stone and invincibility mantra while not gimping myself in pvp or dps.

Can anyone help? :P

Thanks!
Old 05-05-2012, 09:59 AM
Asmodians
Default Re: Stigmas?

I'm personally slotted with Mountain Crash, Blessing of Stone, and Healing Burst, which lets me be very versatile and able to provide great support and good damage (now if I slotted crit I could say great damage). But since you want IM, that won't be possible without taking out Recovery Spell, which is a major no-no.

Anyway, going to link a couple of builds. The builders haven't been updated to 3.0, so they're missing a slot and some new stuff. I'll mention what's missing.

http://www.aiondatabase.com/stigmapl...1234:2176:2175

Similar to my build. Recovery Spell in the empty slot.

http://www.aiondatabase.com/stigmapl...30:1234:2166:0

Here's another, less hybrid and more flexible (options-wise) build. For the last two slots, you can slot Healing Burst, Hit Mantra, Rise, Stamina Restoration, Soul Lock, or Burst depending on your needs. Could also do Binding Word for Blessing of Wind.

I'm sure some other people have some builds that work for them.
Old 05-07-2012, 06:56 AM
Asmodians

Recovery spell III.....All the support you need. Want to do PvE? Change stigmas. It's like...250k on Israphel? And thats including reverting to your prefered solo/pvp build
Old 05-07-2012, 07:15 AM
Asmodians

Thank you both for your responses. I did spend some time looking at a stigma builder and I'll probably skip invincibility mantra and go further down the dps line instead.

As far as stigma shard cost is concerned though, that's Israphel...Kahrun has an entirely different economy right now due to the fact that it's a new server and most people are still leveling up and not at the point where they have tons of stigma shards pouring in to keep OR sell. I would know, I have characters on both servers. :P
Old 05-07-2012, 01:16 PM
Asmodians

er...so does that mean in order to be accepted to group I need to switch stigma every single time?
Old 05-07-2012, 02:18 PM
Asmodians

No you don't. I grouped plenty in 2.0 slotted with Mountain Crash/Blessing of Stone/Recovery Spell/Hit Mantra and ran successful BTHMs without Healing Burst. I run hybrid with Healing Burst in now, so nobody ever complains about me not having full support slotted, but you should be fine so long as you at least have Recovery Spell slotted (and if you're level 45+ without it slotted, you're doing it seriously wrong, that stigma is just that good). A few groups might scoff initially, but if you show them you know what you're doing and can provide plenty of support with whatever you have slotted, they'll stop complaining.

However, having some support stigmas to swap to isn't a bad idea either if you're not going support or hybrid already. Greater Stigmas are much cheaper now and unless you're on Kahrun, shards are a dime a thousand. Just set up another skill bar for your support set so you don't have to move things around too much.
Old 05-14-2012, 09:04 AM
Elyos

Don't even bother with Blessing of Stone or Healing burst. Just slot recovery spell and let the lazy clerics do their job. They have more than enough tools to keep a party alive in 3.0 but most of them want you to heal so they don't have to use mana pots.
Old 05-14-2012, 12:47 PM
Asmodians

Blessing of Stone has nothing to do with healing. It grants more HP, defense, elemental resistance, and magic suppression to yourself and everyone you cast it on for half a hour. It's not a bad idea to fit it in if you can, even if you don't want to heal ever.