Old 05-05-2012, 03:39 AM
Elyos
Default Re: Store Update coming Wednesday, May 9!

You could always look for any old game time cards that are floating around...

15-day game time card = 600 NCoin
30-day game time card= 1,200 NCoin
60-day game time card = 2,400 NCoin

Good luck getting those without using your Credit Card or Paypal though.
Old 05-05-2012, 04:01 AM
Asmodians

Just buy gift cards -_-
Old 05-05-2012, 07:52 AM
Elyos

Why not have 2 versions of the store? Well not actually 2 separate versions per say but items that cost real money (via NCoins) and items that can be bought with in game money, such as the soon to be model of GW2 shop (when it's released lol).

Hear me out here.

You could implement a timescale for those using in game kinnah.
Have them exchange xxxxx amount of kinnah for xxxx amount of NCoins or create a new currency like the gems currency again that is going to be in GW2.
Players could then temporarily try out an item for a limited timescale and if they like it could then choose to use real cash to purchase NCoins to buy the item.

Players that purchase items such as mounts and "keep" items should be able to have those items with no restrictions, I somewhat agree that AP boosts and other consumable pack items have to have a time limitation on them, but timescales of how long each lasts could be extended a little for those buying with real money.

I guess what I'm trying to say is maybe introduce a sort of "try before you buy" model, and allow players to utilise their in game gold to try these items out for a set period of time.
It will give players on limited budgets the opportunity to try something they perhaps wouldn't ordinarily have access to, and putting a time restriction on them "wets their appetite" so to speak and may allow them to save to buy the item(s) with real money.

Obviously consumable items could be given really short timescales or excluded completely from this type of model, but mounts, costumes,skins or other "considered purchases" could easily be included.

Not only does it open up your audience market, but it helps people decide if they do wish to actually purchase said item.

This is just 1 of my many ideas and of course not everyone is going to agree but it just helps a stagnating market.

Thanks for hearing my idea out and for reading I'll get back to my game now lol.
Hugs to everyone :D xx
Old 05-05-2012, 12:21 PM
Asmodians

If they could buy items with kinah, why would they spend real money?
Old 05-05-2012, 02:14 PM
Elyos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiao - Tiamat View Post
Even players who have completed that quest still cannot expand their inventory to 108 with the cube ticket from the store.
I second this. I've done all the quests, and no way to upgrade my cube.
Old 05-05-2012, 05:59 PM
Elyos
Default Re: Store Update coming Wednesday, April 9!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hazelrain - Siel View Post
Let me guess... the mount is 30 days?
Dear Lord, I sure hope not. Make them permanent please!

NCsoft should look at Sony's way of doing things in the Everquest 2 cash shop: Their most popular sellers are mounts, which are permanent. They are usually also "heirloom" tagged which means you can put them into your shared bank and all characters on your account that are of the same faction can use them.

And mounts range in price from about $9 to $25 each (new/fancier ones cost more obviously), but about six times a year they run specials on buying their shop currency, station cash. About four sales are "double station cash" sales and a couple times a year they do "triple station cash" sales. This makes anything you buy even more worth it.

NCsoft should do NCcoin sales in a similar fashion: You buy the coin and just bank it for when you feel like buying something, or for when something you like/want goes on sale.

Sony's way makes their cash shop much more interesting to me than the one here, sadly. All this rental nonsense has to go. Even EQ2's cosmetic and fighter pets are all permanent (bound to one character usually, but still-- they're dirt cheap; pets can frequently be bought for 50 cents, even without a station cash sale).
Old 05-05-2012, 06:14 PM
Asmodians

I'm guessing the rental deal is a Korean thing. I heard they charge by hour for playing, so playerbase is more inclined to buy temporary items there. For a Western market, permanent items are far more likely to sell, even if price is higher.
Old 05-05-2012, 07:30 PM
Asmodians

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kthxbai - Siel View Post
I second this. I've done all the quests, and no way to upgrade my cube.
At present the available expansion tickets for cube and warehouse do not fullfilll the function of the 24 month veteran's rewards for the final row of slots.
Old 05-06-2012, 05:00 AM
Elyos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arydia - Siel View Post
I would like to know if there is going to be any changes or upgrades to the payment methods. I'd prefer not to use my credit card online anymore, and would instead choose to purchase game cards and use those. Will there be any new methods of payments in the upcoming patch? Or future patches?
1) Paypal (debit)
2) Buy a pre-paid credit card

Welcome to the 21st century
Old 05-06-2012, 05:58 AM
Asmodians

In regards to the Warehouse and Cube Expansion issue, the thing we are forgetting is this. The veteran rewards actually has 2x warehouse and 2x cube expansions !

http://aion.zam.com/wiki/Veteran_Rewards_(Aion)

Cube Expansion:
1) 1st Month: Pop Daeva
2) 24th Month: Eternal Daeva

Warehouse Expansion:
1) 9th Month: Guardian Daeva
2) 24th Month: Eternal Daeva

I had played for 22 months before they removed veteran rewards, so I had the first cube and warehouse expansion tickets, but never got the 24th month reward for the 2nd expansions. I'm at 99 cube and 80 warehouse, still missing the last expansion having done all quest. I tried purchasing the current expansion tickets from the store and they didnt work in which i got a refund.

So from this I'd conclude the current expansion tickets you can purchase from the store are equivalent to the 1st and 9th month cube and warehouse expansion from veteran rewards. What other people and myself are missing is the 24th Month Veteran rewards Expansion for Cube and Warehouse.

So the question for Nyx is, on the 9th of May, are they going to bring out the 2nd set of Cube and Warehouse expansion tickets which were originally in the 24th Month Veteran rewards, so that we can expand to 108 and 88 Cube and Warehouse slots?

Last edited by Blurz - Siel; 05-06-2012 at 05:59 AM.