Old 05-05-2012, 05:10 PM
Elyos
Default A Class to be able to beat a Cleric~

Hiya all,

I am quite new to this game, I did enjoy the game most of the time but my friend which is a Cleric class always challenges me (PVP) and I am always loses badly.

I would like to ask if there any specific class that can anti-Cleric as much as possible??

I did read alot of posts that saying Cleric is almost unbeatable because of their stuns and healing skills. I watched some PVP videos showing how hard it is to kill a cleric.

From Cleric guides, it saying SM and Ranger have the most highly possibility to beat a Cleric because of Fear (from SM), and Stun, Silence and Sleep arrows (from Ranger).

My friend just reaches LV25, my SM just 22 and my ranger just about to becoming 17. I know my characters it is too LOW LV to be at least PVP-able. But yet I would like to also ask if I am going on the right path of classes (SM and Ranger). If so, then at what LV am I able to match up with Cleric class with the same LV (the Cleric is not a MR build)??

I will be very appreciated with any suggestions and advises.
Also thank you in advance
Old 05-05-2012, 05:52 PM
Elyos
Default Re: A Class to be able to beat a Cleric~

I play a cleric myself and the biggest pain in my @ss is rangers, especially if they got a silence god stone. Otherwise sm and sorc can be although but with the proper gear its not too hard, rangers on the other hand are just brutal.
Old 05-05-2012, 07:51 PM
Asmodians

Sorc/SM/Ranger/Sin

Glad 50% of the time.
Old 05-06-2012, 11:58 AM
Elyos

Silence godstones is pretty much the guarenteed way to beat a cleric. Without it you're going to have to rely on a gear advantage.
Old 05-06-2012, 04:55 PM
Elyos

Early in the game, the heals available far outstrip the damage that can be dealt.

This evens out to some extent towards the end of the game.
Old 05-06-2012, 09:24 PM
Elyos

I see I see, thank you all so much for replying.

Quote:
I play a cleric myself and the biggest pain in my @ss is rangers, especially if they got a silence god stone. Otherwise sm and sorc can be although but with the proper gear its not too hard, rangers on the other hand are just brutal.
So being a Ranger is more likely to be able to beat a Cleric than SM if I am catching the right message. So I think I would be more concentrating LV my ranger over my SM.

Quote:
Silence godstones is pretty much the guarenteed way to beat a cleric.
I been trying to look out for how to obtain this Silence Godstone. But it somehow far too hard for me to get for my current LV. But I will definitely get it!!

Quote:
Early in the game, the heals available far outstrip the damage that can be dealt.
Im totally agree. No matter how hard i tried spamming all my skills, he uses a skill that able to heal over 90% of his HP. The only time that Im almost able to kill him is using my SM to uses some skill chain2 skills that able to stunned my opponent that interrupts his casting healing skills~

But if possible, is there any suggestions/advises for around what LV should my ranger to start challenge or accepting my friend's challenges??

Maybe this is being out topic, but why I am feeling so difficult LV-ing my ranger??
I havent follow any ranger guide yet, but am I suppose to abuse my traps on monsters for LV-ing??

Once again, really thanks for replying.. Im at least can see the path of where Im heading ^^
Old 05-06-2012, 10:54 PM
Asmodians

Any class with a few silence GS procs... lol
Old 05-06-2012, 11:36 PM
Elyos

you can put up a good fight with any class, even if you lose more to some, like rangers for example but with with sorc is like one sided... get treed get slept get silence get 2-3 shoted
Old 05-06-2012, 11:54 PM
Asmodians

Rangers are my biggest issue. Followed by SMs who if they are able to fearlock me can win. After that would be a sorc.

Rangers by and large are the biggest pain because of the silence/stuns that come so frequently.

An SM can be beat with MR and the ability to glide fears. Especially at low levels. When you have a cleric feared, be sure to silence them just before the fear ends. This sill comes in your 30s I believe. Use your dot/stun follow up to prevent any big heals and try to anticipate their flash heal which will be the biggest problem for you.

And stack MA at high levels to prevent being resisted.

A Sorc can be kited/LOS'd (Line of sighted) and if you can keep them on the move they can't nuke as easily.

"Have courage, and be kind. Where there is kindness,
there is goodness and where there is goodness, there is magic."

Last edited by Switzerland - Siel; 05-06-2012 at 11:56 PM.
Old 05-07-2012, 05:59 AM
Elyos

A three level difference means he gets a set of skills one step ahead of you. Unless you close the gap, he will always have some advantage.

Manastones, use them; preferably in blue (eventually gold) gear - but not the lvl 25 pvp set.

"Just because you do not like something doesn't mean it is broken."
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Phenteo

Last edited by Klinger - Israphel; 05-07-2012 at 06:00 AM.