Old 05-05-2012, 07:52 PM
Asmodians
Default Cabinets

Simple question if anyone's tested this out:

Do noble cabinet procs share the same storage space as their non-proc counterparts and function basically as an alternate skin, or do they count as a 'different name' and have their own individual storage separate from the non-proc? I've seen the loading tip mentioning storage items of the same name share their inventory, but noble versions are potentially a different name.

Anyone know?
Old 05-05-2012, 08:59 PM
Asmodians
Default Re: Cabinets

Here is how you will know if they share the same space.

Under each cabinet, where it says how many drawers there are you'll also see a word like "simple" or "plain". If any two cabinets are both labeled plain, then they will share inventory. As far as I know, most procced cabinets share the same type as their non-procc'ed counterparts, so there is no real reason to have the procc'ed version other than looks. There may be a few that are exceptions

These are the types I've seen:
Clean
Convenient
Simple
Small
Plain
Strong

As far as I know, we are not able to craft convenient or strong cabinets. If I were to guess, they are either obtained other ways such as guestpetals, the vintage grab bag, drops, or potentially in the future the store.

Main: 60 Elyos Assassin (Israphel)
Alt: 60 Asmodian Spiritmaster (Tiamat)

Last edited by Atrum - Tiamat; 05-05-2012 at 09:10 PM.
Old 05-05-2012, 09:31 PM
Asmodians

Ahhhh, cool. Good to know then. Thanks for the info
Old 05-24-2012, 02:15 PM
Elyos

Are the only cabinets we can craft the white designs you get at the construction npc?
Old 05-25-2012, 12:56 PM
Asmodians

There is an NPC that sells a blue design for a two drawer cabinet of a different type then the two drawer cabinet at the construction guy. Its for masters.

Old 05-25-2012, 02:00 PM
Elyos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atrum - Tiamat View Post
There is an NPC that sells a blue design for a two drawer cabinet of a different type then the two drawer cabinet at the construction guy. Its for masters.
Can you tell me where this NPC is? Also is it much different than the regular cabinets? I mean what would compel people to buy that blue cabinet over the regular white / green ones. Also what are the benefits of mastering construction. I have it at 449 and I am unsure if I want to master that or Handicrafting which is also at 449.
Old 05-25-2012, 03:06 PM
Asmodians

The recipe is sold from a vendor in Sarpan. I forget exact location in the city but its there, its the same NPC that sells the yellow couches.

The reason people would want that cabinet as well is because the 4 different "types" of cabinets stack. There is no benefit to having a procced (noble) version of these cabinets other than for looks, because when you proc a cabinet it will still be the same type. (I explain this all above in second post)

We can make 2, 1-drawer cabinets Plain, and Simple. We as masters can also craft two, two-drawer cabinets labeled Clean and Small. You can see what type of cabinet it is when you look at the description. Currently we construction masters can provide up to 36 more storage slots between these 4 types of cabinets.

Is this craft worth mastering? I would say absolutely yes, but..... currently the rarity and cost of fluxes makes this craft 1000% more of a headache and unrewarding than any other craft imo. There is still money to be made, but you will be in competition to get the fluxes off the broker (there are so few).