Old 05-05-2012, 09:50 AM
Asmodians
Default Rifts Rant

So I've just entered the 30s, excited to do some rifting. My first attempt I got raped and just went back to leveling. Day later I tried it again, killed 4 people without dying. Ported back because I didn't want to push my luck.

Now, to my issue.
>Wandering around their area after going through rift
>1v1 with a sorc, unable to even break their shield, and die.
>Re-enter rift, 2 shot by a purple named fellow.
>Re-enter....2 shot..about 10 people sitting at exit.

If my memory serves me correctly, people with purple names are 10 levels or higher(?). Why are people even able to get near the exit of the rift? Let alone probably a level 60 and literally stop anyone that goes through the rift.

First seeing a level restriction on rifts, I was excited thinking it was all some how going to be balanced. People killing other people that are within a few levels of each other. But no...What's the purpose of a level restriction on rifts if there's just going to be someone 30 levels higher than you waiting for you to come through? Incredibly redundant.

Carebear yes, wah wah wah. Rushing to get to a high level, so you can kill low levels does not make you good. Nor does it make a game that revolves around PvP good.

Sorry for the aggressive flaming, just a bit aggravated. This is why I quit the game the first time around, at release. Hoping, 3 years later something would be "fixed".
Old 05-05-2012, 10:50 AM
Elyos
Default Re: Rifts Rant

i think you deserve getting killed and your rift getting camped.
what are you doing as an asmodian in eltnen? let the elyos farm and quest, stop trying to disrupt their gameplay.
if you want pvp go to the abyss, but not sneak up people doing quests and fightings monster from behind.
Old 05-05-2012, 12:14 PM
Asmodians

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cayleen - Kahrun View Post
i think you deserve getting killed and your rift getting camped.
what are you doing as an asmodian in eltnen? let the elyos farm and quest, stop trying to disrupt their gameplay.
if you want pvp go to the abyss, but not sneak up people doing quests and fightings monster from behind.
There are numerous quests including a PvP daily that takes you to the opposing side. It's part of the game. It is players like the OP was complaiing about that have largely killed low level PvP in NA-Aion.

BTW, Zanny, many players your level who have been playing for almost 3 years will have far better gear than yours with the PvP results you had happen to you.
Old 05-06-2012, 07:43 AM
Asmodians

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mychel - Israphel View Post
BTW, Zanny, many players your level who have been playing for almost 3 years will have far better gear than yours with the PvP results you had happen to you.
Yeah, usually when I get my *** handed to me by a red name, I'll look them up. I've stumbled upon a few people in full orange and such, near my level. I don't really mind that, because if you've spent the money and hard work for that gear, then I gladly will get raped by you.

But when you're level 60 sitting sitting on the other end of a level 30 rift..That's what makes me hate this game and causes me to repeatedly smash my head against my desk.
Old 05-06-2012, 11:25 AM
Asmodians

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zannypanties - Tiamat View Post
But when you're level 60 sitting sitting on the other end of a level 30 rift..That's what makes me hate this game and causes me to repeatedly smash my head against my desk.
Sounds like they found the most effective way to protect lowbies.
Old 05-06-2012, 11:32 AM
Elyos

If it makes you feel any better, if you came through a rift trying to kill questers even though you would be pink to me, I would kill you too.