Old 05-05-2012, 04:08 PM
Asmodians
Default Hey there, Aionosphere

Hola, just started playing the other day, but haven't made a whole lot of progress yet as I'm also on Tribes: Ascend which takes up a fair bit of gaming time. Actually just remembered on Wednesday that Aion was going free to play and wanted to try it out since it seemed to have a large and active community.

Thus far it's been fun, far less grindy than many other f2p mmorpgs, at least at the lower lvls. Which brings me to a question: I've been lvling pretty quickly and am wondering how long that continues. Not quite at 10 yet and seeing as how that's the 'ascension' point, I'm guessing the lvling slows down after that. True?

Also, from reading the forums it sounds like Kahrun is the primary pvp server, but how viable is pvp on the others? Apparently there are usually 'rift buffs' on the other 3 servers, so how much do those tend to effectively nerf the attackers?

At any rate, glad to have found a "new" game and look forward to seeing people in game.
Old 05-06-2012, 03:07 AM
Asmodians
Default Re: Hey there, Aionosphere

I am also new, been playing since the launch of Kahrun.. What i can say is.

If you are used to grinding, then this game isnt bad. For someone who has never played before I was level 50 in under 3 weeks.

Getting to level 16 took longer than it did for me to go form 16-30. Instances will pretty much get you to lvl 45 and from there you can do roah repeats til 51 then off to Gelkmaros. Once again though easier said than done. I played A LOT those three weeks but whatever.

If you are new idk why you would play any server other than Kahrun. Thats mind boggling. PLaying on another server you wouldnt probably never get geared to the point other players are.. Seeing as how in aion you cant rely on just gold to buy PVP gear (which i think is plain dumb).
Old 05-06-2012, 02:39 PM
Asmodians
Default Re: Hey there, Aionosphere

I mainly chose to not start out on Kahrun because from what I've read on the forums, a lot of more established players who are more pvp focused have moved there and quite a few new players who weren't expecting that kind of experience are switching from Kahrun to other servers.

Besides that, I'd like to become familiar with the game before moving to a pvp centric server.

Also, speaking of "in aion you cant rely on just gold to buy PVP gear", how often does it seem that a player might need to make real money purchases to stay competetive?