Old 05-06-2012, 09:38 PM
Elyos
Default Re: Suggestion to implent PVP and still allow for PVE

i got ur point, but one thing i've learned from more than 10 years of mmorpg playing is that no game can offer quality and get profit at the same time(as f2p), they usualy focus on making money and gives a nyerk for the players, the last example i had was rappelz, the game was fun and had a great community, as it was growing with ppl they started to develop CS itens as a baker do bread... result: the game is dying, most of ppl i knew in game had stoped, but they'll never have issues cuz there is always noobs coming, expending some cash in CS and leaving, the game got boring but they do profits... i just hope that aion dont go that way cuz it got f2p

As the pvp/pve areas, imo it doesnt make any difference, again taking from rappelz, ppl ALWAYS used to abuse lower ppl with pk flag, when u pk low ppl there u get a punishment called WRATH, its a ubber 3 lvls debuff that lowers all stats, each lvl downs 30%, i think it would be a good solution to dont make any drastic changes on the server
Old 05-06-2012, 11:25 PM
Elyos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ririina - Siel View Post
If there are pve/pvp channels in Korea then there is really no excuse whatsoever for NCWest not to add them. Oh well.

I well, we can only hope they will add that function here.
It would allow PVPERS what they want and still allow PVERS to have what they want.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dlanor - Siel View Post
The only things that the separate channels don't fix is the level colour system (pink/red/purple) and twinks/griefers (the people who ruin the community spirit).
True but if you accept the pvp channel then you knowingly accept this risk. They could take a book fro UO and make players choose up front. (Via survey for exsisting toons or upon creation) pvp or pve channels and lock them to those or make changing have a long in game cd so people would not simply go kill and then come back to pve

Then there would be no need for pvp buff up or down. It would be set pvp or not to pvp and that would be up to each player to choose

As I can see the only looser would be infact the gankers or wanna be pvpers who can not or do not really want to fight people who might win, and rather kill low geared low leveled players instead

Last edited by Snowkiss - Israphel; 05-06-2012 at 11:42 PM.
Old 05-07-2012, 12:35 AM
Asmodians

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4s102E5C - Tiamat View Post
I well, we can only hope they will add that function here.
It would allow PVPERS what they want and still allow PVERS to have what they want.

True but if you accept the pvp channel then you knowingly accept this risk. They could take a book fro UO and make players choose up front. (Via survey for exsisting toons or upon creation) pvp or pve channels and lock them to those or make changing have a long in game cd so people would not simply go kill and then come back to pve

Then there would be no need for pvp buff up or down. It would be set pvp or not to pvp and that would be up to each player to choose

As I can see the only looser would be infact the gankers or wanna be pvpers who can not or do not really want to fight people who might win, and rather kill low geared low leveled players instead
They could use something similar to curse system. No debuff or location on mpa, just you have to be online in homeland for 24 hours to turn off pvp flag. I don't really see how that could be abused.
Old 05-07-2012, 03:14 AM
Elyos

Quote:
Why not just make a PVP channel, where you can choose to enter and once in the channel you can not change channels for x time. If you kill someone your time increases to y. So people who want to all out pvp can and not have to have silly buffs. Those who only want to pve can and are not forced to be ganked by twinks.
Those who only want to PvE can quit from AION and go to a "Only PvE Game".

Quote:
We have alot of new to the game people who will not find a happy home if they are not even allowed to level.
who cares? this is the life. do u want me to let them grind level to kill me after that?

Quote:
So if we had a pvp channel where there is no buff no limits and heck no curse if you want...PVPERS can go wild on each other, while the pve happy lil carbear butts pve along
I'm already having PvP against PvP Players because we all look for it... I don't need a new server to find this kind of players, we'll find each other sometime even in the normal server.

Quote:
PS on pve channels make players un-attackable unless it is accepted Duel. This will stop ganking and griefing and yet allow true pvpers to enjoy pvp
Yes, and also give some canddies to them... PvP means Player versus Player, if you don't want it, you just need to quit aion and go to an Off-Line PvE Game...

Quote:
OR you could even have players choose ALL out pvp or all pve and lock their toons to the channels. Those who already have chars would be prompted with a survey to choose and they would then be in their happy home
basically: let new players setup their gear, without any trouble, and after that they'll be able to kill me.

OK! Let's make some points clear:

1 - This game has more than 2 years. There is a reason to be still alive.
2 - People who wants to start playing AION now needs to know that the game allow you to PvP in some areas.
3 - A 2 years game supose to have a lot of strong people around.
4 - Before you start playing, you should read about the game, to make the right decision if you going to play or not.
5 - If you play until level 30 and now you know that you don't like the game, just quit, NC Soft will give you back the $0 you spent to create your account.
6 - New players aren't more important than the Old ones. If NC Soft do this kind of implementations, most of old players would stop playing. And the new amount of players will not increase.

and yes, I need to repeat:

Do you want to PvE? Choose the right game!
Level 65 - Alternative Character - Cleric - Greven.
Level 65 - Alternative Character - Gunner - TonyCony.
Old 05-07-2012, 04:49 AM
Asmodians

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grivinhu - Tiamat View Post
And those of us who like both elements? Yeah, you've already failed the concept of adding it. It's entirely illogical to keep a game with a broken PvP system, which is exactly what they're doing. Add to it that Aion is a business model, you'll understand why NCSoft should want to take care of all people.

Let's look at when Aion first came out. No buffs and people could rift easily. Problem? High levels would gank low levels. Punishment? Not really. Other issues? Twinks and griefers. Tell me how much fun it is for people to play a game where they're getting killed repeatedly no matter where they're going.

As a result, a lot of people left the game. Others left for a variety of other reasons, but I can safely say all of my friends quit playing the P2P model because there was no point in paying $16 per month to not advance since there were people who would just outright kill you.

Look at the policies/programming NCSoft implemented and tell me who they're trying to please. Now tell me "who needs to go find a new game."

Quote:
I'm already having PvP against PvP Players because we all look for it... I don't need a new server to find this kind of players, we'll find each other sometime even in the normal server.
That's great. Maybe you're not getting the piss taken out of you the moment you step out of safe zones or maybe you enjoy that challenge. Personally, I enjoy playing Aion, but I want to have access to enjoy it in peace as a break from university. I don't want to log on, try to finish quests in my couple hours between assignments, and only find myself logging off pretty quickly because I can't get a damn thing done or one ounce of enjoyment from the game because of some anonymous troll griefer.

Quote:
Yes, and also give some canddies to them... PvP means Player versus Player, if you don't want it, you just need to quit aion and go to an Off-Line PvE Game...
Here I point you back to "Aion is a business." They have to keep players and get them to waste money on NCoin. No one is going to spend the money if they can't do anything. What harm does it give you to have a PvE channel? Oh, right, none.

Quote:
basically: let new players setup their gear, without any trouble, and after that they'll be able to kill me.
Ignoring the buffs that are normally in place and assuming it goes back to the game it once was: How?

Quote:
6 - New players aren't more important than the Old ones. If NC Soft do this kind of implementations, most of old players would stop playing. And the new amount of players will not increase.
I'd like to take a poll of old players. How many of you would honestly quit if there were separate channels for PvE and PvP?

As far as I can see, separating the two does no harm to those who want to PvP, those who want to PvE, and everyone in the middle. The only people it harms are those who want to spend their time trolling/griefing people.

If you can think of a better way to solve that issue, which is why people complain about Aion's PvP and have been suggesting a multitude of fixes to it, then say it.

By the way, some of us don't have "$0 accounts." I did play when it was P2P, but I'm not expecting NCSoft to refund me for that time.

Last edited by Dlanor - Siel; 05-07-2012 at 04:52 AM.
Old 05-07-2012, 05:07 AM
Elyos

btw, if they setup a pvp channel abyss will be umplayable since there is no way they'll make it neutral, all gankers gonna be there in all channels and no one will be able to grind/quest/walk/chat/see/talk about abyss...
Old 05-07-2012, 11:25 AM
Elyos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coel - Kahrun View Post
btw, if they setup a pvp channel abyss will be umplayable since there is no way they'll make it neutral, all gankers gonna be there in all channels and no one will be able to grind/quest/walk/chat/see/talk about abyss...
My assumption is that pve/pvp channels would only exist in the level 20-40 zones (eltnen/heiron/morheim/beluslan) and everywhere else would be the same. It would make 0 sense to make the abyss have a pve channel.

I like the idea because it means I can switch to the pvp channel if I want to do spy quests on my alts and stay on pve if I want to grind. I never liked the idea of rifting just to kill other players, I much prefer organized siege open world pvp than one on one ganking/being ganked.
Old 05-07-2012, 02:18 PM
Elyos

I agree the abyss would need to remain open pvp, but the leveling areas as mentioned would be pve or pvp. Thus allowing each type player to find the game they want to play

More players = more money for aion

More Players = easier to find groups and form solid legions
Old 05-07-2012, 04:57 PM
Asmodians

Quote:

who cares? this is the life. do u want me to let them grind level to kill me after that?

OK! Let's make some points clear:

1 - This game has more than 2 years. There is a reason to be still alive.
2 - People who wants to start playing AION now needs to know that the game allow you to PvP in some areas.
3 - A 2 years game supose to have a lot of strong people around.
4 - Before you start playing, you should read about the game, to make the right decision if you going to play or not.
5 - If you play until level 30 and now you know that you don't like the game, just quit, NC Soft will give you back the $0 you spent to create your account.

and yes, I need to repeat:

Do you want to PvE? Choose the right game!
It's only a matter of time before NA has pvp and pve channels, just like K-Aion. If you don't like that, you can LEAVE! People like you are the reason Aion is f2p.

It's still not enough. It's time to put some teeth into the death penalty. If you die 20 times without soul healing, you stop losing experience and soul sickness can only be removed by a soul healer.

All of you cowardly perma-twinks will have to do what you tell everyone else to do, learn to pvp! Now that's the Aion I want to see!
Old 05-07-2012, 06:07 PM
Elyos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ririina - Siel View Post
I like the idea because it means I can switch to the pvp channel if I want to do spy quests on my alts and stay on pve if I want to grind. I never liked the idea of rifting just to kill other players, I much prefer organized siege open world pvp than one on one ganking/being ganked.
well, there would be no reason to spy quests since there wouldnt be anyone to SPY dontcha think?