Old 05-07-2012, 08:01 PM
Elyos
Default Re: Soooo, why'd you name your char what you did?

These are the names that I've come up with. Why? Because I draw Anime alot and also write story sometimes (also write instrumental songs with an electric guitar):

Redencia - A red haired female ranger with glowing red eyes who went out to hunt the enemies to revenge the death of her family.

Elfilina - A female Templar who has sacrificed her life to protect the loved ones.

Mewkie - A female girl with cat hair who was named Mewna but when she started saying Mew after eating her favourite cookies, she decided to change her name to Mewkie.

Luciemarie - A female chanter who went out to battlefield to support the warriors.

Meowyan - A female spiritmaster who loves nature and the baby kittens.

Well, they are all small in Aion. That's why I call them mini troops. :)
These names are not from anywhere. I just came up with it my self to make it sound unique except Luciemarie. I've searched that name somewhere but I could only found Lucie and Marie in separate so I decided to put them together. This is not for roleplay. :P

Last edited by Luciemarie - Siel; 05-07-2012 at 08:10 PM.
Old 05-07-2012, 10:40 PM
Elyos

Almost all of my Aion characters are based off of characters from the tabletop game I play, though they vary as to which campaign they're from. Some, like my current project Anissa on Kahrun are pretty plain. Etrine, Tandri (short for Tandryn) and Geffith are original names, and Nightgale and Azuremoon were based off of a world where we tried the Tayledras race from Mercedes Lackey's Valdemar series (and indeed most of the other things from it. It was an interesting run, though not something we kept up with). Night looks nothing like she should in game, though Azure has more of the appropriate feel.
Old 05-08-2012, 02:45 AM
Asmodians

I like unique names, and since Raeras ended up looking like an elfish type character that's what I named her. I found an elf name generator and went through it until I saw a name I liked. It's different and it sounds interesting.
Old 05-09-2012, 07:17 AM
Elyos

Naruto was taken, so I knocked the t over and got an x :3
Old 05-09-2012, 07:39 AM
Asmodians

Mandos is the palace of the Valar Námo, the Judge, on the Silmarillion. Despite that, he is called Mandos instead of Námo by everyone. Mandos is also the Home of the Dead, where the ancient elves (eldar) were sent when they died.

Tolkien FTW
Old 05-09-2012, 09:24 AM
Elyos

I pretty much make up all of my own original names from random sylables that seem to fit together into something resembling a name. Sometimes they come to me easily, somtimes I agonize over them for hours. Sinlarra actually came to me in a dream as the name of a fallen Angel. I've since come to know there is a character named Solara in a movie called The Book of Eli. However none of my names mean anything, and none of them are based on anything. I've considered naming some characters after Steven Erikson's "Malazan Book of the Fallen" series, because I like the names Felisin and Apsalar, which I've just realized as I'm typing this can be combined to make Sinlara O_o creepy much?
Old 05-16-2012, 02:59 AM
Elyos

MY first one, Ivander, means divine or something
I have Luminesce, because Luminous was taken :(

My sorc on Tiamat is called Fascinare which is Latin for enchanter
Old 05-16-2012, 06:20 AM
Asmodians

Isceroth
I came up with this one largely because of a former RP character I had on an RP forum. His name was Is'korok. Since the setting he came from was space-related sci-fi, I thought I shouldn't completely recycle the name and make it a little more fantasy-like. I wanted something cold for a character I intended to be rather chilly, so the "ice" derivative came natural. Combining "ice" and Is'korok's name's prefix, I got "Isce." Then there was the trouble of making it sound fantasy like. I took the "ro-" from Is'korok, and softened the ending with a th instead of a k. It was only later that people asked if it had anything to do with Azeroth or Sephiroth. I didn't realize until it was too late. BUT, Azeroth had nothing to do with it since I didn't play WoW and thus didn't know the name of WoW's world, and Sephiroth had nothing to do with it because while I do enjoy FFVII, Sephiroth was very far from a character I liked.

Kayhn
I rolled twins with another player. My twin was to be the sort of rebellious and less favored of the two brothers. We were being completely not even close to witty, and named them Kayhn and Eibel after the biblical figures, Cain and Abel.
Old 05-16-2012, 07:20 AM
Elyos

So far I have four characters on the Elyos side.

My main is Phrixous who was named after Phrixus in Greek Mythology.

"In Greek mythology, Phrixus was the son of Athamas, king of Boiotia, and Nephele (a goddess of clouds). His twin sister Helle and he were hated by their stepmother, Ino. Ino hatched a devious plot to get rid of the twins, roasting all of Boeotia's crop seeds so they would not grow. The local farmers, frightened of famine, asked a nearby oracle for assistance. Ino bribed the men sent to the oracle to lie and tell the others that the oracle required the sacrifice of Phrixus and Helle. Before they were killed, though, Phrixus and Helle were rescued by a flying, or swimming, ram with silver wool sent by Nephele, their natural mother; their starting point is variously recorded as Halos in Thessaly and Orchomenus in Boeotia. During their flight Helle swooned, fell off the ram and drowned in the Dardanelles, renamed the Hellespont (sea of Helle), but Phrixus survived all the way to Colchis, where King Aeëtes, the son of the sun god Helios, took him in and treated him kindly, giving Phrixus his daughter, Chalciope, in marriage. In gratitude, Phrixus sacrificed the ram to Zeus and gave the king the golden fleece of the goat, which Aeëtes hung in a tree in the holy grove of Ares in his kingdom, guarded by a dragon that never slept.

Phrixus and Chalciope had four sons, who later joined forces with the Argonauts. The oldest was Argos."

My cleric is Nahruse who was named after Fuutan Naruse from the yaoi mang a "Kawaii Akuma". Some parts of his personality and his looks are also based off of this character. ( http://view.thespectrum.net/series/kawaii-akuma.html )

Third is my gladiator Valkridon, which is an old name I always use for warrior type characters. The name was derived off of the Al Bhed translation of the word 'Fighter' which is 'Vekrdan' in Al Bhed.

And lastly my spiritmaster Ishimizu whose name was inspired by two Eqyptian names that I had found randomly. Ishizu and Mikari which I thien twisted around to make Ishimizu. ICly Ishimizu i the twin sister of Nahruse (not orginially in the manga, I just wanted to make a female version of him )

Last edited by Ashikar - Israphel; 05-16-2012 at 07:23 AM.
Old 05-16-2012, 07:47 AM
Asmodians

I was an Elyos for the first 1.5 years of my game play. I decided after some thought to reroll to asmo. But I didn't hate the Elyos so I wanted to have a neutral name. My main characters are Switzerland and Sweden, two countries known for neutrality.

I started naming other alts and such after other similar countries and a theme was born.

I do have a spirit master named Kamalee which is derived from the arabic word mean in master of the spirits. I don't know any arabic other than that but the name I thought was pretty awesome xD

“Be tender with the young, compassionate with the aged, sympathetic with the striving & tolerant with the weak & wrong. Because, sometime in your life, you will have been all of these.” - Siddhārtha Gautama