Old 06-10-2012, 06:17 PM
Elyos
Default what does magic suppression do?

is it the same as magic resist?

if everyone get lots of magic suppression does it make sorc spell will do barely anything? or Sorc will still be op against lots of magic suppression?
Old 06-10-2012, 07:16 PM
Elyos
Default Re: what does magic suppression do?

its to counter magic boost on a 1:1
Old 06-10-2012, 08:10 PM
Elyos

And a such sorcs are now stacking magic boost, so you probably won't notice a thing.
Old 06-11-2012, 12:21 AM
Asmodians

I'm a little confused myself... I see magic resistance, magic suppression, spell resist, elemental defense... how does all this relate to one another?

Someone told me spell resist was crit reduction, while magic resistance was top end damage reduction, while magic suppression increased our chance to resist spell effects and elemental defenses were classification specific damage reduction... but I'm not really sure how accurate that is, nor what the numbers of effect are.

At 60, I'm going up against sorcs that are hitting for upwards of 7k per shot and more; well that's just retarded, and would like some kind of clarification as to what I have to stack to even the playing fields a little bit...
Old 06-11-2012, 02:02 AM
Elyos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crailsledge - Siel View Post
I'm a little confused myself... I see magic resistance, magic suppression, spell resist, elemental defense... how does all this relate to one another?
Magic resist : chance to completely resist enemy magic skills and make them miss. For every 10 magic resist you have more than enemies magic accuracy you'll gain 1% to resist their magic spells (1000 more Mres than enemies Macc : you'll resist pretty much all magic skills).

Magic suppression : Every 1 magic suppression reduces the enemies magic boost by 1. If you have 1000 magic suppression a sorc with 2900 magic boost would only deal the damage as if he had 2900-1000 = 1900 magic boost. More magic suppression = less damage from magic attack skills.

Spell resist : Every 1 Spell resist reduces the enemies magic crit by 1 = less chance to get critted by magic skills

Spell fortitude : Reduces the damage when enemies do magic crit damage on you. Magic crits do 1.5x the normal magic damage. 100 Spell fortitude reduce this 1.5x damage by 0.1 so you'd only recieve 1.4x damage from magic crits.

Elemental defense : Every magic skill has an elemental property. Glacial Shard for example has water element, Assassins rune bursts fire damage, Spiritmasters erosion has earth element (i think). Every 10 Elemental defense of a certain element reduces the damage of this element attacks against you by 7~10% (not sure how much exactly). So 300 water element resist provides you with 21~30% damage reduction from enemy water spells.
Old 06-11-2012, 11:47 AM
Elyos

i am asking because i want to make a sorcerers but i don't want to see it being useless at high levels because of magic suppression. Are they going to be useless in pvp with people having 1k + suppression?
Old 06-11-2012, 11:53 AM
Elyos

You basically have to add another 1 or 2 spells to the rotation to kill somebody. At most. Even with Magic Suppression sorcs are still a top tier pvp class.
Old 06-13-2012, 04:28 AM
Asmodians

Magic suppression work against Mage monsters. Do monsters even have magic boost at all?

Johngunmad, Deputy of MkZ, founder of Aion Revolutionised.

Treat people with respect and never pass by a problem without doing something about it.
Old 06-13-2012, 10:53 PM
Asmodians

And magic defense?
Old 08-24-2012, 09:36 AM
Elyos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Divaah - Tiamat View Post
And magic defense?
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I've never seen Spell Fortitude. Is that synonomous with Magic Defense. I would gather these are one in the same.