Old 10-12-2012, 09:46 AM
Asmodians
Default Re: Quick and Dirty Guide to Tiamat Stronghold

Our group wiped at this boss the first try, then we used wow second time and we made it. (Although I had to do a few loci rezzes lol)

We also wiped on the boss that transforms people into skeletons, but that's was because we went in without a clue of what we were supposed to do. Wiped in 5 seconds lol.

Tyd's whale hips pocket heals, nooblet blonde and wannabe sorc. Rawr! <3 | Destie rocks!

GROW YOUR OWN DOPE - PLANT A BLONDE
Old 10-12-2012, 10:05 AM
Elyos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clernorris - Kahrun View Post
Our group wiped at this boss the first try, then we used wow second time and we made it. (Although I had to do a few loci rezzes lol)
Couple of my teams wiped so much on this boss that we just gave up and done the other bosses. It would be so much more helpful if we had some kind of markings to where we should stand. Like the typical arena a boss is usually stood on.
Old 10-12-2012, 10:53 AM
Asmodians

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aelar - Israphel View Post
The ONLY boss that needs tweaking in TS is Anuhart. This boss I've had a LOT of problems with. Not because of it's power or how much HP he has (It's like fighting a 3.0 Vasharti), it's because of it's nyerk damned reset range.

He does a spinning blade skill which everyone has to move 10m back, if everyone doesn't move back in straight away, the boss will chase after he's finished the skill and ends up getting reset, over and over again. We all have to stand in because if one of us pulls aggro from temp, he resets again.

I don't understand why some bosses have acceptable reset ranges, but one like Anuhart's is rediculous. His AoE is 10m wide and his reset range is like 15m.

c.c Really?
Never had a reset issues with him.
I'll be sure to make sure people no take aggro.

At the end, when he went truck mode, the tank died and the ranger had to kite him around the entire room in circles while we killed him.
During the time, he never once stopped to aoe or do any skills...not sure if it's just because hes at 25% or not, but. :P if things get to rough, having someone kite like a mad man might be a good option. xD

Something they should look into is Terath...lol me and the sorcerer got stuck on the ceiling during the bounces. xD D:
and if you die on them bounces, you should just fall to the floor man. It's annoying when you have people die 60m above you...lol they can't be ressed or come back into the fight because of the door.

( •_•)
( •_•)>⌐■-■
(⌐■_■)
"Whoever said life was easy, was obviously hacking"

Last edited by Spandex - Kahrun; 10-12-2012 at 10:55 AM.
Old 10-12-2012, 11:18 AM
Elyos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aelar - Israphel View Post
The ONLY boss that needs tweaking in TS is Anuhart. This boss I've had a LOT of problems with. Not because of it's power or how much HP he has (It's like fighting a 3.0 Vasharti), it's because of it's nyerk damned reset range.

He does a spinning blade skill which everyone has to move 10m back, if everyone doesn't move back in straight away, the boss will chase after he's finished the skill and ends up getting reset, over and over again. We all have to stand in because if one of us pulls aggro from temp, he resets again.

I don't understand why some bosses have acceptable reset ranges, but one like Anuhart's is rediculous. His AoE is 10m wide and his reset range is like 15m.
Your tank needs to circle kite him, it prevents resets. We switched aggro maybe...hell 7 times that fight but we all saw it and moved into the kiting route and he was fine. Keep him near the locked door and its an easy fight, he hardly moves at all. It helps that he's so slow too.

And yeah like spandex said, after he gets his triple buff he does DERP mode and just auto attacks.

http://www.twitch.tv/zelandias - World of Tanks, Dark Souls, FF14, and any game that's recommended really.
Old 10-12-2012, 11:30 AM
Asmodians

In our case we fought him right where he stands to begin with. (We were too lazy to kill all mobs in the room lol)
We had to do kiting in a small circle after he went all crazy, but that worked fine.

The first time when our group wiped, the pug chanter ran with him all the way to the door but I think only after dying was that the boss reset.

Tyd's whale hips pocket heals, nooblet blonde and wannabe sorc. Rawr! <3 | Destie rocks!

GROW YOUR OWN DOPE - PLANT A BLONDE
Old 10-13-2012, 07:28 AM
Elyos

its been 3rd time i go this instance..yet the only boss that we cant kill are tahabata.....always fail at 25% hp.......need more guidance here...>.<
Old 10-13-2012, 08:41 AM
Asmodians

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eidelweis - Kahrun View Post
its been 3rd time i go this instance..yet the only boss that we cant kill are tahabata.....always fail at 25% hp.......need more guidance here...>.<
We had to rework our party setup for Taha simply for the last 10%~ of the fight when he decides it's time to blow up the room n' stuff. This is the time for everyone to pop all of their offensive cooldowns/dp skills. Make sure your temp is running the full PvE tree if you're having trouble keeping the group alive, Emp Providence works wonders. Aside from that just dump absolutely everything into him in the last phase.

Sinicide 4 God. <3
Old 10-13-2012, 09:13 AM
Elyos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fest - Tiamat View Post
We had to rework our party setup for Taha simply for the last 10%~ of the fight when he decides it's time to blow up the room n' stuff. This is the time for everyone to pop all of their offensive cooldowns/dp skills. Make sure your temp is running the full PvE tree if you're having trouble keeping the group alive, Emp Providence works wonders. Aside from that just dump absolutely everything into him in the last phase.
my team party always say to pop up WOW at 50% HP and WOQ at 25% hp..is that right decision?

oh btw my team party consist of :
1 chant
1 temp
1 sorc
1 sm
1 ranger
1 cleric

so u mean that if boss hp at 10% everyone should dps included healer?
Old 10-13-2012, 09:17 AM
Asmodians

Quote:
my team party always say to pop up WOW at 50% HP and WOQ at 25% hp..is that right decision?

1 chant
1 temp
1 sorc
1 sm
1 ranger
1 cleric

Healers have to heal the end. Your cleric could pop WoD I guess but aside from that pump heals and support your DPS. We save WoQ for the last 10% or so. WoW at 50% is a good place for it.

Sinicide 4 God. <3
Old 10-15-2012, 01:17 PM
Asmodians

Quote:

1 chant
1 temp
1 sorc
1 sm
1 ranger
1 cleric

nice setup, my group has a glad instead of a ranger.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fest - Tiamat View Post
Healers have to heal the end. Your cleric could pop WoD I guess but aside from that pump heals and support your DPS. We save WoQ for the last 10% or so. WoW at 50% is a good place for it.
same but we usually pop WoW a little under 50% but ya 50% is the time to do it.
Also, don't forget to use your element scrolls as it seems the tornadoes are earth and wind dmg
our run yesterday anuhart dropped a 6 slot eternal leather boots.
and Kumbanda's gold bow looks pretty sick i won the roll and skinned it for my ranger hehe