Closed Thread

Old 11-16-2012, 12:05 PM
Elyos
Default Re: Aion en Español - Castellano / Aion in Spanish - Castillian

Nyx said that they don't have the ability to make such an investment right now, and she works for the company...
Old 11-16-2012, 12:11 PM
Elyos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Romellia - Siel View Post
Nyx said that they don't have the ability to make such an investment right now, and she works for the company...
AND only she knows the actual number of nationalities in Aion.

The surveys / Site tracking / Forum tracking that I do is all biased.
Old 11-16-2012, 12:18 PM
Asmodians

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitnelav - Kahrun View Post
Totally agree, and this is what is happening on a large scale, if I could interpret that NCsoft, we would have many more Spanish-speaking peers, and they would also increase revenue.
You keep saying that they would increase revenue, yet where were they when the game was P2P and not F2P like it is now? How many would have put down the money to actually purchase the game? Not to many did or else there would have been a server there to start with. But now you think they will pay enough to get it started and keep it going? I'm sorry I just don't see that happening.
Old 11-16-2012, 01:15 PM
Elyos

@Nitnelav, I saw your post earlier and rofl, what a hostality... I just gave my opinion, like many others did in this topic, but because it was a different opinion than yours, I'm a terrorist and a troll? lol? My opinion counts as much as yours, and I have as much right to post a civilized opinion about what I think about it. Calling me a terrorist and a troll, when there are people before me that post troll pictures, while I had the decency to respond to your post, is absolutely LOL 1st class. If you don't like it that other people have different opinions, you shouldn't started this thread in the first place.

Just give you the facts again. You said, Spanish is in the top 3 languages in the world? Sorry to break your bubble, but Chinese, Arabian, English & Russian are way ahead of Spanish.

Also I never said I'm living in Indonesia, I live in Holland. Indonesia isn't an island like you said, Indonesia got hunderds of islands.

You are saying Dutch is a dead language? Hmmm, you just made it sound that over 25 million people have no future in their language. And if it is such a dead language, why is it one of the oldest languages in the world that still excists today? You can't say that of your native language, they all got raped, plundered, killed, forced to speak Spanish. Even Dutch words are being used around the world on a daily base (for example "Apartheid" rings a bell?)

Btw, my opinion to you: go back to school, get some civilized conversations and discussions with your co-students. Because in another topic you called me a moron and stupid, now, in this topic you called me a terrorist.

The fact that I responded like this is that I have the decency to adjust myself to the game, why don't you guys do the same? You said multiple time that you are "entitled to" and "claiming to". To what? Right, to play the game in English. Not to claim to change or adjust the game in your language, because "WE ARE MANY" doesn't have the the proper education to write/understand English. And you called me stupid?

+1 to Fireflye

Last edited by Megaphone - Israphel; 11-16-2012 at 01:18 PM.
Old 11-16-2012, 01:29 PM
Elyos

Joining in because I feel like it's an interesting topic, but something I do disagree on. Just keep this in mind, I'm not disagreeing with your sentiments because I dislike the Spanish variety of Aion. I do have Spanish friends who play Aion, and is completely happy about the fact that Aion is translated to English.

First off, Nyx has pointed out there's currently no budget given by upper management to expand language translations. There's a less likely chance this would happen since, even though there is some market NCSoft might get from the Spanish community, it would not offset the costs in terms of the money it took to translate because you're missing the point that, even in comparison, the margin of English speakers as opposed to Spanish speakers is still very large. Not only to point out that even some Spanish speakers would prefer English over Spanish. I've seen a couple you list that America has a large Spanish speaking community, but you have to understand that not everyone who could speak Spanish prefer Spanish as their occasional language of choice.

I've also seen some of you list Microsoft as a role model to follow, but the Windows OS is an internationally, and nearly monopolized, operating system, where their market is all in the clear targeted at people internationally. Also, Microsoft didn't survive entirely just because they translated their product into Spanish. NCSoft West is at a North American targeted market, where English is so widely spoken as a first language around the area there really isn't a point to expand it's cause.

Also, I see you seem to undermine translating video games as something very simple to do such as using a translator. Nyx has pointed this out; Translating the game isn't as easy as using a translator. The story line could change completely, so does the game mechanics during translation. The translation needs to appeal to the audience they are translating it to. They need a team that understands Aion's game mechanics entirely, because translators can easily get lost during translation. They need a large QA team to evaluate it through multiple times, because a tiny mistake could ruin the quest entirely. They would also additionally need to hire voice actors to rework the entire sound system of the game.

It's not exactly cheap, and NCSoft has not yet seen the Spanish market as something they could expand on. Keep in mind that Aion is now a F2P game, it's speculative that having more players playing would increase any revenue.

EDIT:

@Megaphone; Fellow Indonesian o/

Can't speak any Indonesian though, lived in the US.. say.. 95% of my life. Parents both Indonesian.

Also, that reminds me. When the Dutch ruled Indonesia, the schools we're teaching English. My grandma was taught at an English speaking school, and she learned English there. English was almost a first language when the Dutch ruled Indonesia. That's why even though she lived in Indonesia most of her life and speaks Bahasa Indonesia most fluently, she could speak a bit of English.

Last edited by Kwen - Siel; 11-16-2012 at 01:34 PM.
Old 11-16-2012, 02:05 PM
Elyos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Romellia - Siel View Post
Correction, said they had to do a market study to see if it was worth investing.
Old 11-16-2012, 02:06 PM
Elyos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jambo - Israphel View Post
AND only she knows the actual number of nationalities in Aion.

The surveys / Site tracking / Forum tracking that I do is all biased.
Correction, she does not know because there are no studies on the matter, but has not responded to do studies.
Old 11-16-2012, 02:11 PM
Elyos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fireflye - Tiamat View Post
You keep saying that they would increase revenue, yet where were they when the game was P2P and not F2P like it is now? How many would have put down the money to actually purchase the game? Not to many did or else there would have been a server there to start with. But now you think they will pay enough to get it started and keep it going? I'm sorry I just don't see that happening.
Ahh forgot to answer, that if people of NCsoft close games, is because the game itself is not successful.Spielberg do a lot of movies, not all only successful films, Bill Gates not do only all successful programs.

There are designs that fail and there are designs that are a success, all is well in life.You think that? Well this is your thinking, you could stop trying to get him hammered into the minds of people.

And I will continue to campaign so you know how many people there are Spanish speakers in Aion and whatever else could have, if it is a translation and how much was lost on the way, not having been translated before.

Regards.

Last edited by Nitnelav - Kahrun; 11-16-2012 at 02:12 PM.
Old 11-16-2012, 02:29 PM
Elyos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megaphone - Israphel View Post
@Nitnelav, I saw your post earlier and rofl, what a hostality... I just gave my opinion, like many others did in this topic, but because it was a different opinion than yours, I'm a terrorist and a troll? lol? My opinion counts as much as yours, and I have as much right to post a civilized opinion about what I think about it. Calling me a terrorist and a troll, when there are people before me that post troll pictures, while I had the decency to respond to your post, is absolutely LOL 1st class. If you don't like it that other people have different opinions, you shouldn't started this thread in the first place.

Just give you the facts again. You said, Spanish is in the top 3 languages in the world? Sorry to break your bubble, but Chinese, Arabian, English & Russian are way ahead of Spanish.

Also I never said I'm living in Indonesia, I live in Holland. Indonesia isn't an island like you said, Indonesia got hunderds of islands.

You are saying Dutch is a dead language? Hmmm, you just made it sound that over 25 million people have no future in their language. And if it is such a dead language, why is it one of the oldest languages in the world that still excists today? You can't say that of your native language, they all got raped, plundered, killed, forced to speak Spanish. Even Dutch words are being used around the world on a daily base (for example "Apartheid" rings a bell?)

Btw, my opinion to you: go back to school, get some civilized conversations and discussions with your co-students. Because in another topic you called me a moron and stupid, now, in this topic you called me a terrorist.

The fact that I responded like this is that I have the decency to adjust myself to the game, why don't you guys do the same? You said multiple time that you are "entitled to" and "claiming to". To what? Right, to play the game in English. Not to claim to change or adjust the game in your language, because "WE ARE MANY" doesn't have the the proper education to write/understand English. And you called me stupid?

+1 to Fireflye

I assume you mean the thread of Physical Density, I will not bring a subject about another one that in this response, I'll attach a response I sent the same Sly, general coordinator of the forum, that you realize that I said, not meaningless, and obviously I can confirm:

~Sly Slapped~

If you are not also a troll or a terrorist (ironically named so of course) Clearly you got to help multi account trolls, work to draw from topic to topic, I point to something as basic as a possible change in a game. and apparently there are people, to my surprise it only tries to sabotage threads in these forums, they even take the trouble of having to make multiple accounts.

Maybe you should be you need to go back to school, 25 million people, just becomes half the number of people living only in Argentina, find the list of Spanish-speaking countries hiso one of the posters and see.

As I told the other person says against this change. Okay, and gave their opinion, but they are repeating it as if waiting for the thread is finished just because you wish it so. Unfortunately for you, this will not be the way you want. With once speak out against more than enough.

No logical reasons because no way you should learn to speak Spanish, the game will remain in English for you, so you do not complain or because they are against, I can only think of maybe envy, and it grieves me part of you who boast educated.

Regards

Last edited by {CC}Sly - Siel; 11-16-2012 at 02:35 PM. Reason: editing out communication
Old 11-16-2012, 02:37 PM
Asmodians

Alright.

Enough.

This topic is no longer constructive and will be locked. Both sides have made their arguments Nyx had posted a response, no need to prolong this and create more drama.

[COLOR="Lime"]Follow us on [URL="http://twitter.com/#!/NCWest_Aion"]Twitter[/URL] and[URL="http://www.facebook.com/AionOfficial"] Facebook[/URL] for all the latest news![/COLOR]
[SIZE="1"][URL="http://na.aiononline.com/"][COLOR="Lime"]Website[/URL][/COLOR] [B][COLOR="white"]|[/COLOR][/B][URL="http://forums.aiononline.com/na/showthread.php?t=29"] [COLOR="Lime"]Forum Rules[/URL][/COLOR] [B][COLOR="white"]|[/COLOR][/B] [URL="http://forums.aiononline.com/na/tracker.php"][COLOR="Lime"]Community Tracker[/URL][/COLOR] [B][COLOR="white"]|[/COLOR][/B] [EMAIL="support@aiononline.com"][COLOR="Lime"]Support Email[/EMAIL][/COLOR] [B][COLOR="white"]|[/COLOR][/B] [URL="http://gameguide.na.aiononline.com/aion/"][COLOR="Lime"]Aion GameGuide [/URL][/COLOR][B][COLOR="white"]|[/COLOR][/B] [URL="http://aiononline.custhelp.com"][COLOR="Lime"]Help and Support[/URL][/COLOR][B][COLOR="white"]|[/COLOR][/B] [URL="http://na.aiononline.com/store"][COLOR="Lime"]Aion Store[/URL][/COLOR][/size]
Closed Thread