Old 01-09-2013, 10:35 PM
Elyos
Default Re: 4.0 will come sooner to NA by the sounds of this :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinlarra - Israphel View Post
Understandable, since all traces of PvP have long since been squashed into oblivion.
we can but hope the 4.0 maps are more like a return to pre-3.0 cos the eye as a place to roam pvping is just sooooooooooooo boring

player 1 : ready to go pvp?
player 2 : OH YEAH! *flexes*

both run round the outer ring full circle

player 1 : wer ya wanna go now?
player 2 : lets move to the inner most depths of the map
player 1 : YEAH!

both run in a smaller circle

player 1 : well that killed some time while the kettle boiled, same time tomoro?
Old 01-10-2013, 12:55 AM
Asmodians

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azliet - Israphel View Post
There is 2 ways NCWest could do this.

1- break 4.0 into 3 update like NCKorea did
or
2- wait until everything is in place and release 1 big update.

#1 doesn't really sound bad since that means they would start working on the gunner's patch already (or soon) but it would still take about 3-4 months before that's released to us.

#2 seems more credible to me since they have a tendency to group multiple KR patch into 1 for us. Also any problem that would have been picked up in the different patches would hopefully have been fixed before NCWest receives the "EN1" files.

This would mean a release of patch #3 in March for Korea and 3-6 months for 4.0 release to us. so not before July - October.
I have no idea what NCwest will do or be "ordered" to do, but those two guesses are as good as it gets. Though going by how things went in the past, especially since patch updates get bigger per version, I doubt it's an entire release.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nekeisha - Israphel View Post
If korea is getting 4.0 in 3 major patches I do not see why we can´t do the same here, specially when the last pach for Korea is still going to take a while.

Please do not mention things you have no idea about.
You are a little more clueless than I am about how their release works. Don't forget it's not only about NA but as well as the other region releases as well, and there is a trend of who's second/third so on and so forth after Korea's entire release of a particular patch.

We are usually on the same pace as Japan's update, if you don't see them saying anything about 4.0 on their website, you can forget it on NA. That alone is the strongest indication.

Lastly, Koreans are ridiculously sensitive when other regions are faster or almost on equal pace as them for content release. You have no idea the QQ they had on their forums when the so-called exclusive NA's first ninja content was released here. It only took 1-2 weeks give or take before this content was imported back to Korea for a promotional event.

Korea's management itself value their players' opinions way too much, as such, they won't allow any other region (aside from RU) to have even a quarter of new patch contents before they completely release theirs.

Mind you all, the bard content is only on the KTS at the moment, the official release date of bards (considered 4.0 part 2) is on 16 January 2013.
Old 01-10-2013, 01:10 AM
Asmodians

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insurance - Tiamat View Post
I have no idea what NCwest will do or be "ordered" to do, but those two guesses are as good as it gets. Though going by how things went in the past, especially since patch updates get bigger per version, I doubt it's an entire release.

You are a little more clueless than I am about how their release works. Don't forget it's not only about NA but as well as the other region releases as well, and there is a trend of who's second/third so on and so forth after Korea's entire release of a particular patch.

We are usually on the same pace as Japan's update, if you don't see them saying anything about 4.0 on their website, you can forget it on NA. That alone is the strongest indication.

Lastly, Koreans are ridiculously sensitive when other regions are faster or almost on equal pace as them for content release. You have no idea the QQ they had on their forums when the so-called exclusive NA's first ninja content was released here. It only took 1-2 weeks give or take before this content was imported back to Korea for a promotional event.

Korea's management itself value their players' opinions way too much, as such, they won't allow any other region (aside from RU) to have even a quarter of new patch contents before they completely release theirs.

Mind you all, the bard content is only on the KTS at the moment, the official release date of bards (considered 4.0 part 2) is on 16 January 2013.
I find the need to correct you on a few things.

1. NA got 3.7 a month or 2 after KR. It was the first to get 3.7. JP only recently got 3.7 or doesn't even have it yet, and the same goes with RU. They only recently got 3.6 (which I believe is our 3.7). RU also went Freemium to 50 recently.

2. Many KR people don't realize that NCSoft NA makes a ton of money for NCSoft in general because their truly free model is very successful. I'm sure many complain that a free version can get content so quickly, but I'm sure its also about being competitively ahead in content.

3. If NA follows the same path they did with 3.7, we may see 4.0 Part 1 (if they follow that update pattern) by March or April, or possibly earlier (to combat TERA NA/EU going Free to Play in February).
Old 01-10-2013, 01:17 AM
Elyos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hydrilus - Tiamat View Post
Korea 4.0 release schedule -

December 20th, 2012 - Part 1 was released
January 16th, 2013 - Part 2 scheduled to be released

which means somewhere around February 13th is when Part 3 should be released.

For NA, since they are already localizing it, June sounds like a relatively believable release month, maybe even mid-late May at the earliest.
http://power.plaync.co.kr/aion/4.0+%...9D%B4%ED%8A%B8

13/3/2013 = March 13th
Old 01-10-2013, 01:21 AM
Elyos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinch - Kahrun View Post

1. NA got 3.7 a month or 2 after KR. It was the first to get 3.7. JP only recently got 3.7 or doesn't even have it yet, and the same goes with RU. They only recently got 3.6 (which I believe is our 3.7). RU also went Freemium to 50 recently.

2. Many KR people don't realize that NCSoft NA makes a ton of money for NCSoft in general because their truly free model is very successful. I'm sure many complain that a free version can get content so quickly, but I'm sure its also about being competitively ahead in content.

3. If NA follows the same path they did with 3.7, we may see 4.0 Part 1 (if they follow that update pattern) by March or April, or possibly earlier (to combat TERA NA/EU going Free to Play in February).
3.7 was a series of smaller patches that Korea had over a few weeks. It can hardly be the standard for a large patch. You want to compare things like 2.0/2.5, 3.0/3.5.
Old 01-10-2013, 01:31 AM
Asmodians

Quote:

I look at the JP website rather frequently, we're always about 1 week difference at least when it comes to patch release (though we are always faster). Their update records still state 3.5, they probably don't regard 3.6/3.7 as some sort of official patch (since the number itself doesn't exist on the Korean page).

They don't realize a lot of things, but that's their culture anyway and that borders across most Korean MMOs.

Personally, I don't expect 4.0 in NA until May earliest.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exstal - Tiamat View Post
^ Bookmark this, Korea always update their patch release schedules here. That way nobody has to guess/speculate.
Old 01-10-2013, 01:34 AM
Asmodians

Quote:
JP only recently got 3.7 or doesn't even have it yet, and the same goes with RU. They only recently got 3.6 (which I believe is our 3.7).
One thing you're right. Their 3.6 99% similar to our 3.7 with minor changes.
Another thing is that they got 3.6 right after NA in one week.
Old 01-10-2013, 02:00 AM
Asmodians

Quote:
TERA NA/EU going Free to Play in February).
wut where did you take this info from?o.o I'm very interested.
(nvm found the news, I was so sure they would have let it die before giving up and making it ftp xD)

Anyway, we can really only do speculations at how we're receiving 4.0, but to me sounds crazy getting it all together and so late (since, if we have it only after it's all released, I wouldn't count on May but more on July or so). It would just make sense getting the parts one by one. It's stupid making people wait so long and then give them a crapload of stuff all at once, you have to keep teasing by making you taste smaller pieces imho...and that's how they did in korea. Why should we be different? It's true that we got smaller patches into bigger packets, but I guess that's rather cause they don't take the disturb to send too small stuff one by one. But you can't really call 4.0 parts small...
Anyway, theorycrafting if theorycrafting, we won't know anything till they tell us.

PS. Can't wait for third season of game of thrones, wonder if it's gonna take much to have it translated and transmitted here <.< I bet Snow will join the brutes just to have sex with that girl....silly men

Last edited by Neriene - Israphel; 01-10-2013 at 02:13 AM.
Old 01-10-2013, 02:55 AM
Asmodians

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exstal - Tiamat View Post
3.7 was a series of smaller patches that Korea had over a few weeks. It can hardly be the standard for a large patch. You want to compare things like 2.0/2.5, 3.0/3.5.
I meant 3.5, not 3.7. My bad. 3.7 took a month or 2 for us to get after getting 3.5, but still. We got 3.5 like a month after KR got it.
Old 01-10-2013, 03:28 AM
Elyos

The Promised Lands was released in Korea on October 19, 2011; and Ascension in North America and Japan on April 11.

edit: 3.5 was still only a minor patch (less than 20 gb?) in comparison to 3.0 which was new lands, new skills, a bunch of new instances, new forts and the anything I else I missed.

Last edited by Fyrelis - Tiamat; 01-10-2013 at 03:30 AM.