Old 02-27-2013, 10:19 AM
Asmodians
Default Re: Aion 4.0 PvP Zones will get "Westernization".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vitiated - Siel View Post
Here is what I don't get. Why do PVE'rs need ap if not to PVP? Why are you crying about losing AP? Why are you hoarding it? What point does it serve you beyond your stigma's?

I want the whole game to be an open world PVP zone. It is aggravating to get jumped and killed. It is fun to get jumped and kill the jumper. It is also fun to jump someone and kill them.

This game was designed to be open world PVP. It still is in Korea. It is honestly the way it should be here as well. Please give us the vanilla kaion experience. Or give us 1 server that is vanilla and all of these disgruntled wow players can stay on whatever server they are on and farm mats to their hearts content.

AZZMARIA you sir are an idiot and I look forward to killing you repeatedly.
If a Majority wanted what you wanted they would not all be hanging on the Fast Track Server till the point/s they cannot anymore .

If people played Aion like they do in Korea it would be the same but for many reasons NA players do not .
Our PvPers love Ganking and to Grief other players , Koreans do not .
They do not suffer the same issues we do here . There servers are Balanced .

Heck what NA should do as to a ""NEW SERVER"" is make it completely a unchained , unnerfed , Open as they get PvP Server and give the Ability to transfer to it .
Play Tera ?
It has more 6 PvE servers with 2 PvP servers .
The PvE servers still have PvP , just not Open PvP like the PvP Servers.
Less People on Tera play the Open World PvP servers than the People who do.

It is very Common tho , those PvPers who play on PvE servers on Tera/SWTOR often go on and on about how AWESOME PVPERS they are .

The Majority is why this game changed and why should the Majority suffer for the minority ?
Its Game out to make Profits , not to have the run away.

Abyss is empty because "PVPers" do not want to lose AP . Same Reason other Open PvP Maps are not littered with PvPers . Seems most PvPers on Aion Perfer their Targets to be Gatherers and Questers rather than other PvPers .
Heck back in 2009-2010 most ""PvPers"" at lv50 avoided Twinks at lv30 in fear of losing AP , hence Twinks controlling Maps they Rifted to and chasing off a Chuck of Aion player base.

I wish though if anything that Normal Server could get more Rifts in a day , that would be nice , thx !
Old 02-27-2013, 10:46 AM
Elyos

Hello Everyone I'm Ashaman! ^^

It HAS been an extremely long time since I have cared enough to put my input into a thread on Aion so cut me some slack if I'm not adept at the social and political aspect of these arguments.

I read some of the forums daily, but almost never made posts to verbalize my own thoughts or opinions.

Background About Me: I have played Aion since shortly after launch, only to take a 6 month break a little while after 3.0 launched due to family and personal issues...

Now while reading this thread and seeing the conflicting opinions about air PvP I would like to give everyone here some of my own input:

Confession 1: I have spent a year at the levels 50 and 55 when those were the level caps air pvping at west shard and having a blast at it.

Confession 2: There is (or at least was) a whole community of pvpers who liked the thrill of air pvp and would daily show up at west shard to fight.

The thrills of watching all directions including above and below while paying attention to your flight times and using LOS to your advantage was a lot of the reason why.

Air PvP IS slightly slower than ground PvP because you have to rely on your strategy trap someone long enough to kill them without a lot of your key burst DPS skills or locks missing.

(Can't aether hold, or use skills that hit downed opponents in the air and everyone can hit the same max flight speed allowing kiting for every class)

However, Air PvP is balanced and fun in it's own ways. It is fast paced in it's own sense of doing more base damage (Less PDef while flying) but also by being more mobile. Also a zerg in Air pvp is not the same as a zerg on ground pvp...

You can easily escape and defend yourself from a zerg in the air versus the ground making uneven numbers not as frustrating unless you are chasing someone.

Confession 3: Before Eye PvP was released I even used to go in that crater in the northeast corner of Sarpan for fun.

BUT As of right now Aion isn't using the air to allow people to PvP at endgame...

That DOESN'T mean that the Air wasn't and isn't fun option that we could and can look forward to possibly in the future.

Now About complaints:

Out of Range Error
That happens on the ground too and can be related to your ping or internet connection.

It's NOT Fun
People don't like air PvP because it is disorienting, and they lose a lot of their favorite skills and combos on the ground BUT...

If you give air PvP an honest chance in the future and swap out stigmas to benefit you in air PvP I can guarantee that given some practice and time you will find it different and enjoyable in it's own unique ways.*

*Granted you have decent internet and ping.
Old 02-27-2013, 10:50 AM
Elyos

Air PvP Is Fun When: You are a Ranger, Sorc, SM, or Cleric
Air PvP Is Not Fun When: You are a Glad, Temp, Sin, or Chanter. And Also a Cleric if you're healing and your group doesn't understand the concept of vertical spell range on AoE's.

http://www.twitch.tv/zelandias - World of Tanks, Dark Souls, FF14, and any game that's recommended really.
Old 02-27-2013, 10:58 AM
Elyos

No it doesn't happen on the ground. Not as much as it happens in the air.

I went to shard wars too. Over 80% the people there are walking on the ground instead of flying.

Finally, the direction Aion took in more ground based combat WAS directly caused by the disinterest in broken, buggy flight combat. More people were twinking and hanging out in rift zones than moving to end game, which was the abyss. Flight combat was a GREAT idea and I was excited to play it once long ago, but it's execution was so poor. As we all know, game changing ideas are decided by the Korean audience. Clearly even the Koreans hate flying combat, and not for the reasons you listed.
Old 02-27-2013, 11:27 AM
Asmodians

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinlarra - Israphel View Post
No it doesn't happen on the ground. Not as much as it happens in the air.

I went to shard wars too. Over 80% the people there are walking on the ground instead of flying.

Finally, the direction Aion took in more ground based combat WAS directly caused by the disinterest in broken, buggy flight combat. More people were twinking and hanging out in rift zones than moving to end game, which was the abyss. Flight combat was a GREAT idea and I was excited to play it once long ago, but it's execution was so poor. As we all know, game changing ideas are decided by the Korean audience. Clearly even the Koreans hate flying combat, and not for the reasons you listed.
Koreans still do Air PvP , not largely because of many reasons not just the bug.
And yes the Bug happens on land Combat but I haven't seen it since I switched from Temp to Sorc . Maybe Range is less likely to see it on ground ?

Air PvP is harder
Less likely to result as intended
May Ways to get away from PvP combat in Air
Range have a advantage at Air PvP
Air takes more focus than Ground Combat
(Heck Flying is more Focus than Running being that you have to look in every angle )

But I guess its easier to Gank Gatherers/questers which both is less likely to happen in the Abyss which is open PvP Area larger than most maps.

Although Abyss PvP still happens in sieges and here and there chance meetings. A majority of PvPers are those who claim to be skip the abyss and most open PvP maps in Fear of losing the Dredg AP gains .
Old 02-27-2013, 12:42 PM
Asmodians

So-called "flight bug" is a result of net code/game engine not really compensating well for lag between sending commands client-side, reading positions/making hit and effect determinations server-side, then transmitting that info back client-side to all involved. It's more noticeable in flight because there are three dimensions to work with and most players fly faster than they run, so things like range errors happen more easily. This stuff was really obvious back when most people playing online were using 56k dial-up modems - you had to learn to lag shoot, or you'd lose every time. Newer game engines/net code have ways to help compensate so that what you see on your screen matches the info used by the server much more closely.

As for the OP: yeah, why not? Aion PvP is unbalanced and NCsoft has been catering to the carebears for years now, I'm not sure why they bother with open-world PvPvE zones at all anymore. I don't bother with it, nor do I care, as it is very rarely even close to a fair contest of skill between players. Class, level, and gear imbalances are just too rampant (never mind the widely known cheats out there, which apparently still get used by some).