Old 05-06-2014, 09:44 AM
Elyos
Default Re: Instance Exploit Abusers Suspended

To much risk of lost $$$

http://www.twitch.tv/zelandias - World of Tanks, Dark Souls, FF14, and any game that's recommended really.
Old 05-06-2014, 11:51 AM
Asmodians

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delessa - Tiamat View Post
I still don't understand why their ill gotten gains weren't stripped along with the ban.
Because ncsoft said "my bad i wasnt acting like myself when i did the mass ban. Let me take some medicine = unban the accounts no strip no nothing and you can keep all the stuff you gained from abusing gg and have a nice day"
Old 05-06-2014, 01:01 PM
Elyos

Quote:
Originally Posted by {VFM}Thor - Kahrun View Post
Only the ones who were unintentionally banned, or should have only had a 3-day ban.

Those that deserved longer bans remain banned.
ah yay *does happy dance*
Old 05-06-2014, 01:42 PM
Elyos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fearlock - Kahrun View Post
Perfect. This is exactly what I was talking about.

No, NOT like those ones.

You could have said, "Do not use any methods other than reset scrolls or the instance cooldown pack to increase your instance count."

Instead, you said:

This is as VAGUE as it gets.

How can a player know if a mechanic is "unintended" or not?
How does a player decide which advantages are "unfair"?

Is it common sense? At the risk of typing a wall of text, here's a mountain of examples.

All 18 (just off the top of my head) of those unintended mechanics provided significant personal gain or an advantage over another player who did not understand them.

All were used extensively by Aion players. Some are STILL used. No one ever got banned for any of it.

So when you suddenly decide that 1 particular built-in, unintended mechanic is a bannable offense, that's pretty much a "gotcha." It's clear that given the history of this game, the "warning" you provided was woefully insufficient.

Now, would you like to address the question? What's wrong with just being clear and concise with your paying customers?
can we re-address this

I don't think valid points should be ignored
Old 05-06-2014, 05:00 PM
Asmodians

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avinalaf - Tiamat View Post
Old 05-06-2014, 11:44 PM
Elyos

wow am i late to this party xD

id like to point out that there are 3 ppl that i kno who got a 14 day ban for "taking advantage" of the bug which isnt true (except for 1 of them) cause i kno that for sure
during the time of the bug friend 1 was moving so he didnt hav any internet to play and use said bug
friend 2 jus afked in pernon crafting
friend 3... used the bug 3 times =P

friend 1 sent in a ticket but got the response that there was "proof" of him exploiting the bug but they refused to provide said proof

friend 2 got the response that the ban would decrease to 5 days with the added "...hope you will refrain from abusing exploits in the future should they happen to arise".
NOW GIV ME HUGGLES! <3
Old 05-07-2014, 01:22 AM
Elyos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avinalaf - Tiamat View Post
That is the scariest thing, and I will have nightmares about it at night....
Old 05-10-2014, 02:25 PM
Asmodians

To the person who mentioned all the helpful people left, that is only partially true. MOST of the helpful people left (for Guild Wars 2 mostly), but there are still some decent people on each server; they just tend to stay under the radar.

Thing is, idiots and worthless nyerks can false-report someone into auto-ban status without so much as a word while they laugh at everyone and glide-hack their no-ani rangers and gunners to the top of the PvP charts and ranks.

Until the blatant hackers are banned (loss of money or otherwise), then these servers are gonna end up like GameFail and die off bit by bit as people leave for other games. The tipping point has come and NcSoft better act fast before they find their servers as ghost towns this summer.

"The love of money is the root of all evil"
-Truer words never spoken since...