Old 11-03-2015, 03:18 PM
Elyos
Default Crafting, noob question

You can only grandmaster or whatever its called ONE tradeskill.

My question is if its viable to level more than one because of this.

For example, I want to make armor. SO I get the max rank armorsmithing.

But what if I also level cooking/alchemy? Or even weaponcrafting, will the items I make be useful still or is the only worthwhile craft the one you choose to master?

EDIT: From what Ive read, it seems alchemy/cooking is still good to level???So I can go MAX weaponsmith, with whatever I can get out of alchemy/cooking? (What about the others like armor/handicrafting if it isnt maxed?)
Old 11-04-2015, 04:19 AM
Elyos
Default Re: Crafting, noob question

You can do all crafts on one toon, but you can get master in one, expert in one more, (counts two expert, one craft you mastered-passed expert and other expert title) and you can keep all other crafts at 300p. You can change between crafts if you want, but it will relinquish your master/expert title and forgot designs you learned. So its better choice to craft the one you need per toon! Basically ppl go for Tailor/Armor/Handi for cera crafting and another expert as alchemy for pots,scrolls etc.
Old 11-04-2015, 08:57 AM
Elyos

You can only master one craft (500 or more) and expert another one (499 or less).

So yes. you can have 2 crafts inone toon.

But I would sugest to use only one craft in each toon, so you can master all if you want.

But in the question you made, yes. some professions are usefull even at low level.

Alchemy is in my opinion the bestone to have as secondary. All the scrolls and potions that we usually use, are made at level 480 or less. The master in alchemy (500 or more) is only if you want to craft orbs or books or the new scrolls and potions from 4.0 (that are so expensive and so few people really use)

Professions that i dont suggest to have in expert:

armorsmithing, weaponsmithing, tailoring: those in level lower than 500 are almost useless. All the armor and weapons for lvl 50 or more requires lvl 500+. So having those in expert allows you to craft only some useless gear for lvl 50 or less.

Handicraft: is similar to the others, but at least it has a few crafts at level 450-499 that you can use.

Cooking: im not sure, but i think that all the fabled, balaur food that we use is for lvl 500. Not sure if you have so many good foods for lvl 499 or less.

So... i think alchemy is the best one to have as secondary. But remeber that aions changes all the time, so we dont know if they will add some cool new recipes for high level.
Old 11-04-2015, 10:05 AM
Elyos

Quote:
Originally Posted by IsomerMR - Israphel View Post
You can only grandmaster or whatever its called ONE tradeskill.

My question is if its viable to level more than one because of this.

For example, I want to make armor. SO I get the max rank armorsmithing.

But what if I also level cooking/alchemy? Or even weaponcrafting, will the items I make be useful still or is the only worthwhile craft the one you choose to master?

EDIT: From what Ive read, it seems alchemy/cooking is still good to level???So I can go MAX weaponsmith, with whatever I can get out of alchemy/cooking? (What about the others like armor/handicrafting if it isnt maxed?)
I'd also recommend essencetapping / aethertapping and learning the morphing designs for materials you will use most.

If you do Alchemy, you can craft your own flight potions for athertapping. If you cook, you can make jelly, to help you with morphing (<< aethertapping helps with this also.