Old 03-17-2016, 01:00 PM
Asmodians
Default Re: Ask Gideon - Producer's Q&A Answers (Part One)

I have toyed with the idea of using it for the FoV because I am a retard that always feels like I can't see anything, I have rather poor eyesight and even with a widescreen monitor I feel the strain, and if I'm on my smaller screens it's soo nyerking irritating.

It actually doesn't even give an advantage for pvp, because pvp normally happens so fast that it's happening before you "see it" happening, you see it on your minimap/radar before you ever see the toon materialize, unless you get a sin popping out of hide, or were afk-ish.

I don't know why they just don't adjust the FoV a bit for everyone.
Old 03-17-2016, 01:03 PM
Asmodians

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faeth - View Post
Seriously!!!

they should put a slider in like team fortress 2 has. (many other games have these too)
Old 03-17-2016, 01:55 PM
Asmodians

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frakk - Siel View Post
I agree the advantage is small and panning the camera around is more effective than having a larger FoV.

But the FoV sure looks nicer and although tiny it is still an advantage. It's definitely not a disadvantage. . .

PS mini map for the win!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Faeth - View Post
I have toyed with the idea of using it for the FoV because I am a retard that always feels like I can't see anything, I have rather poor eyesight and even with a widescreen monitor I feel the strain, and if I'm on my smaller screens it's soo nyerking irritating.

It actually doesn't even give an advantage for pvp, because pvp normally happens so fast that it's happening before you "see it" happening, you see it on your minimap/radar before you ever see the toon materialize, unless you get a sin popping out of hide, or were afk-ish.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frakk - Siel View Post
Seriously!!!

they should put a slider in like team fortress 2 has. (many other games have these too)

You know, Battlefield 4 has a FoV slider. Someone tried to poise me to a while back that "it was proven" shugo console helps make weapon swapping faster... I found that odd as there is zero animation to weapon swapping and I'm pretty sure that a synapse macro could do that too and that swapping depends on ping like everything else?...

And again, the "advantage" is slight... But I think the word advantage has been thrown around here like it is a lot heavier of a term than it is in this regard.
Old 03-17-2016, 11:34 PM
Elyos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alysynne - Israphel View Post
Gideon is to blame that players don't speak English and have no skills? >.<

I get the feeling, Element, that there was nothing Gideon could have said that would have made you feel like he gave you any real answers. That being said, was there one thing you really wanted to have answered that was asked and not answered?
It's not about what question was or was not answered. It's the fact that they took nearly a quarter of a year and gave zero substance or near zero.

The GMs lack passion- NA and KR. When they launched the game and all the way up to 4.0, nearly 20-30k people played Aion. At launch it was in the hundreds of thousands.

Now it's lucky to hit 6k. Max level on siel and BR doesn't hit 600 nearly at all.

This is not because the game sucks, but because the GMs and development constantly drag it down. People like Buster and Gideon give the same events every week in-game that were developed a year ago by people with actual creative expertise. Nyx and Hime developed new events to energize the community after dull patches. They're not new anymore- what is the point!

I'm not attacking specifics in the questions, just an overall arrogant unattached approach taken by the US Team. I'm sure Buster will have some type of sarcastic response to attach to this as he usually does. Careful though- soon you won't have a player base to read your posts Buster.

Aion is soon to be dead. It's best you guys think of a way to express passion and follow through on the ideas the team puts forward, or your jobs will be gone.
Old 03-18-2016, 01:21 AM
Elyos

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElementTheSecond - Siel View Post
It's not about what question was or was not answered. It's the fact that they took nearly a quarter of a year and gave zero substance or near zero.

The GMs lack passion- NA and KR. When they launched the game and all the way up to 4.0, nearly 20-30k people played Aion. At launch it was in the hundreds of thousands.

Now it's lucky to hit 6k. Max level on siel and BR doesn't hit 600 nearly at all.

This is not because the game sucks, but because the GMs and development constantly drag it down. People like Buster and Gideon give the same events every week in-game that were developed a year ago by people with actual creative expertise. Nyx and Hime developed new events to energize the community after dull patches. They're not new anymore- what is the point!

I'm not attacking specifics in the questions, just an overall arrogant unattached approach taken by the US Team. I'm sure Buster will have some type of sarcastic response to attach to this as he usually does. Careful though- soon you won't have a player base to read your posts Buster.

Aion is soon to be dead. It's best you guys think of a way to express passion and follow through on the ideas the team puts forward, or your jobs will be gone.

I would say that guys just shoot themselves into leg with this Q/A thread and everything what follows... Process took wayyyy too long and answers just pure insult at this point.
You cant expect to have people around when talking about fighting bots, economy problems and what not - same time with every log in I see kinah ads sitting in Sanctum center (ofc still expect that those reports do something), people somehow got insane rich from 2bil max year ago to 32bil worth items in private shops now :D but no thats not enough to burn economy, lets put some tradeable beritras, legendary kataliums, water dragons, you tell me... ^^
Atleast i was crafting before, now basically stopped doing even that. I fear that if nothing truly changes till end of summer then we are done here. Right, new players nyerked in Siel already, no need to wait :D
Old 04-01-2016, 01:11 AM
Asmodians
Default Re: Ask Gideon - Producer's Q&A Answers

Quote:
Originally Posted by {CC}BusterCasey - Siel View Post
4) Take GP out of PvE instances, and make sure there is a clear delineation between types of content and types of rewards (PvP gives PvP rewards, and PvE gives PvE rewards).
please
please
please
please
please
please

PLEASE make this happen somehow
pls