Old 10-23-2015, 11:04 AM
Asmodians
Default Everyone Quit Gunner?

I hardly see any videos for gunners now a day.
Old 10-23-2015, 11:48 AM
Elyos
Default Re: Everyone Quit Gunner?

Well it is kind of a nyerk class...

I feel like gunners have not been respected since launch.... the fact that they were OP, broken and overly played by the community... meh

Last edited by Scion - Tiamat; 10-23-2015 at 11:51 AM.
Old 10-23-2015, 11:49 AM
Elyos

Pretty much.

They're less effective than before and objectively worse than other classes in the same glass cannon role, while also requiring a lot of gear to be effective, especially in a world where magic supression is commonplace. Their stigma choices are less than optimal and you only REALLY want the pulverizer cannon linked stigma (I think it's pretty much required actually lol) really limiting your choices.

But they're way more fun than before imo with actual reason to cannon swap instead of 111111ing and once you actually get to a good gear/mb level you destroy kids and make them post pictures of hemo shot critting on the forums. Low ping + high gear = gunner still rolls face.

On the bright side, and I've said this multiple times now, their stigmas are hella cheap. Easy to get the linked skill :3
Old 10-23-2015, 12:56 PM
Asmodians

My friend let me play his gunner for now and I have to say it dam fun now. Yes it squishy as nyerk, almost none defend, but boy don't I blow people up if they let me unchecked.
Old 11-20-2015, 02:12 PM
Asmodians

Nah, not everyone quit gunner.
Still very cool class, much cooler than before since now cannons play a big role on gameplay. You just have to rely on gear and reflexes more than just godstones to play this class.
Your burst still very powerfull, and you can have a crit spell set to counter those damned MS sets, if Im not mistaken.
Gunner is ok.
Old 04-07-2016, 11:41 AM
Asmodians

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evolute - Siel View Post
They're less effective than before and objectively worse than other classes
Horrible, maybe the worst class (bots still like them thol)... It's like their gear is made out of wet cardboard. That said, they are still fun to play. I like their visual skill effects and their gear looks very cool. For pvp I don't use my GS. In pve, they totally kick Nyerk.
Old 04-25-2016, 09:51 PM
Elyos

i have a gunner and let me tell you what i am experiencing. First of all if you play a gunner first thing you notice is that skill effect from pistol does not work, not only that it is true our choice are really limited. No dispel skill to save our self from all effect except 2 abnormal speed related effect from servival instant, and of course healing potion, but even tho gunner class been forgotten, and is quitting there gunner, ill continue playing mine, just play a different role and adjust to it. besides their are still hope the next update we'll something more defensive we can relay on.
Old 04-26-2016, 02:55 AM
Elyos

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaliathZ - Siel View Post
i have a gunner and let me tell you what i am experiencing. First of all if you play a gunner first thing you notice is that skill effect from pistol does not work, not only that it is true our choice are really limited. No dispel skill to save our self from all effect except 2 abnormal speed related effect from servival instant, and of course healing potion, but even tho gunner class been forgotten, and is quitting there gunner, ill continue playing mine, just play a different role and adjust to it. besides their are still hope the next update we'll something more defensive we can relay on.
So you want to be a cleric but with pistols? Lol. You do realize that in not having a dispel, gunner is like every other class, right?

~happily rolling about in my own badness since 2009~
RIP: Honoria (Kaisinel/Elyos) ; Alysynne (Israphel/Asmo)
"Race balance is something that we take extremely seriously" - NCSoft
Old 04-26-2016, 07:22 AM
Asmodians

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alysynne - Israphel View Post
So you want to be a cleric but with pistols? Lol. You do realize that in not having a dispel, gunner is like every other class, right?
Chanter has dispell.
Templar has dispell.
SM has dispell.
AT has dispel.
SW has dispel.