Old 04-13-2016, 10:12 PM
Asmodians
Default Re: PVP Help vs Well-geared Arena of Disc

Hey jalapeño. I read your thread, and felt like I'd throw my humble two cents in. I'm not nearly as geared or experienced as you but I have played with sorc quite a bit and I've found some things that work for me. I want to preface what I'm going to say with why I'm saying it... So the reason people typically roll sorc is because let's face it we all want to dish out ungodly amounts of damage. I tried the sleep spec, while I would agree it's useful and much better for survival in group pvp, I would say as a sorc the whole point of our class is to burn the nyerk out of our opponent before they can react. That's exactly what I do. I'm in mostly BM gear with 5/6 kunax acc. Not even fully chanted. But I can usually beat most glads, temps, assassins etc with ease, lately I've dropped a few R3's. I use the dps spec. Because if I have to fight longer than a minute my odds to win are low. We aren't durable at all. You know all this. Here is what I use jalapeño, and from sight to death it takes me about 10-13 seconds roughly to completely obliterate my opponent. First thing is obviously I try or hope for the opportune start, casting the shortest somnolence I can, followed immediately with curse of roots, once they are tree I cast delayed blast followed by magma burst and punch boon of quickness/magic assist, now that I have god mode engaged I throw every heavy spell I own at them in succession. Storm strike, glacial shard, aetherflame and flame spray. Most will die on glacial if they survive SS. Few really geared can take even all 4. But I haven't met one so far that wasn't either running or a few instants away from death. Now in groups this is harder because you don't have your sleeps you have to utilize your ports and los, but if you're 1v1 this just works. Timing is all. Anyway, I concluded a while back that my reason for existing in Aion was to pump the most amount of dps in the shortest amount of time. If I have a really slippery opponent I might socket freeze to reset the fight and start my rotation over. Also if you're able to pop magic assist before you ever cast that's even better to minimize cast rotation. If somehow you find yourself interrupted you can fall back on vaziel. If you have any questions you're always welcome to message me in game. If there is anything you can take from that, great. If not, well I'm just trying to help. As a fellow sorc I understand the frustrations of the great amount of disadvantages Aion has allowed our class to hold.

Last edited by Xrist - Israphel; 04-13-2016 at 10:15 PM.
Old 04-14-2016, 04:42 AM
Elyos

fix this game NCSOFT

ranger use HACK ANIMATION? NO. why they atk mega fast with damage absurd? DELETE THIS CLASS RANGER OR FIX THIS BIG POBREMS UNFAIR.
idiots create class to kill being cowards, devil of ranger with skill sleep be they not are class magic.
ranger they have skilll for cause the cast slow.
they now use skill resist. how you speaks that no exist class that kill other class be ranger kill all class magic being COWARDS. CAUSE THIS NCSOFT.
more cowards are silence be long and not can remove the silence using healing potion.
the ranger have speed fast for escape, are class that cause more hate this game, that transfomr a humam agressive in real life.
NCSOFT NEED put defense this class magic better.
they attack fast with little damage? be atk fast with little damage it transform in giant damage because are attacking FAST.

I want a good explanation about balance of all class.
ranger use 4 shocks COWARDS.
NCSOFT NEED PUT ALL CLASS WITH FAIR SKILL OF SHOCK.
ARE RARE PVP VS 1 , YOU NCSOFT NEED PUT MORE DEFENSE FOR CLASS MAGIC.
need update this gear of abyss of star 2 are trsh.

class magic need skill with name escape of zerg, because other class have shield, defense skill good for it, or are hide and class magic are mega vulnerable about defense.

gear of officers above need be 90% superior of gear of bm and custodian.

stop this of use Augment abyss gear because the ap are for buy gp because the rank of abyss are a hell and hard, not have time for put ap in Augment and need use ap for x form, be use ap in gear augment loser rank of abyss. are very pobrem because too need buy food potions revival using ap. sure that all it cause depression. You escape of pobrems of real life to get other identical in virtual.

no follow mandatory and rules of aion official korean, you can changes changes.

====================================
idiots rich that never complains

Last edited by XSupportX - Israphel; 04-14-2016 at 05:20 AM.
Old 04-14-2016, 08:17 AM
Elyos

Just because you still have no idea how the game works doesn't mean everyone hacks, bro.

Rangers are the scissors to magics', especially sorcerers', paper. They're meant to be a tough counter. You're meant to have a hard time beating a good one. If you play your cards right, you can still wreck the nyerk out of them.

Stop being so angry because you're bad at whatever class you're playing and other people are better than you.

Oh, and augment gear? The rank 1 stuff is plenty fine, and there is the rank 1 gear that has identical, if not the same, stats to the officer gear, if that's what's sending your boat into a tizzy.

AP is easy to get. You can get an easy 21k AP a day from doing nothing in a losing dredge. EB is another free 35k AP a run (but you gotta have people who want to take you, huh, bro?). UA fort instances are free AP for next to no effort. Bloodmarks can be exchanged for AP if you don't need them anymore. There are augment bundles on the BCM and ingame that allow you to fully augment your gear without sacrificing AP.

Oh, on the subject of gear again: The bloodmark mythic gear is pretty decent. Maybe work on that. I think it costs kinah to condition? I don't remember.

Less QQ, moar pewpew, yo.

Edit:
This thread is from Christmas last year. Guys, stop.

Edit 2:
Lrn2SanctumGate
Quests missing? Game Options -> Interface -> check Display Low Level Quests -> Apply

Last edited by Cheesecake - Israphel; 04-14-2016 at 08:21 AM.
Old 04-14-2016, 12:18 PM
Asmodians

nyerk I don't understand anything that support dude said lmao...
Old 04-15-2016, 03:04 AM
Elyos

I have an account with class ranger really understand situation.
Old 04-15-2016, 07:14 AM
Asmodians

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stanza - Siel View Post
nyerk I don't understand anything that support dude said lmao...
You get to sort of understand him after a while. Plus it's probably Deso.
Old 04-15-2016, 07:34 AM
Elyos

Unfortunately, it's not Deso, lol. It's just another potato.
Taters gonna tate.
Quests missing? Game Options -> Interface -> check Display Low Level Quests -> Apply
Old 04-15-2016, 07:46 AM
Asmodians

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheesecake - Israphel View Post
Unfortunately, it's not Deso, lol. It's just another potato.
Taters gonna tate.
I stand by my belief!
Old 04-15-2016, 08:40 AM
Asmodians

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheesecake - Israphel View Post
Taters gonna tate.
Best thing to come from this thread!
Old 08-22-2016, 04:01 AM
Asmodians

My only surprise i guess is that you consider songweavers easy, what + are your accs?

Other than that, what you described is basically what it feels like being a sorc in arena. Im still loving these "omg but but i get 2 shot by sorcs" people. Please do ask any top tier sorc if thats something that happens on the regular.

Oh and i saw your thick shield question, personally i dont even have it on my bar but you could use it if you can predict that a templar's gonna pull you or if a sorc's gonna aetherhold and pray that it gets blocked. Also vs glads try to burn their strengthen wings and then play around that (if we're talking arena scenario of course), vs chanters you can sometimes get them to burn protective ward if you pretend to bury silence but of course this doesnt work vs top tier chanters so good luck lmao.

On a side note i miss Instagib but just like Shingxiao his frustration with the game is perfectly understandable.

Last edited by Wasdo - Siel; 08-22-2016 at 04:09 AM.