Old 12-03-2016, 05:25 AM
Elyos
Default Returning player seeking advise on dps cleric

First off I know its not a popular decision and I know how to be a healer...but I hate healing. So why pick cleric?! you might think. Because I'm running with a group of friends and our normal cleric is being outleveled massively. I have no doubt she can get up there and we can slow our pace, the way we play its not likely to happen. so I made a character I can switch to heals *If I Have To!*

Disclaimer out of the way, Realistically I have no idea whats going on. I looked at the skills and i can fairly tell whats dps and whats not. as for a rotation I'm still trying to figure that out. What i need help with is I remember back in the early days I would see clerics in cloth armor for i guess the dps increase. and now we also have magic chain too. So it starts here. Cloth, chain or magic chain? I looked at all 3 doe about a half an hour and couldn't really see a lot of difference aside from cloth give alot more mp.

I found a few threads for stigma to use and i can defer to them if no one gives me a list to use, but id you have a setup you'd suggest I'm all ears. Anywho...thanks for the time to read this and to any replies ahead of time. I haven't played in years so I can use the help to catch up on the changes.
Old 12-03-2016, 05:47 AM
Elyos
Default Re: Returning player seeking advise on dps cleric

People chose cloth back in the day because there wasn't cast speed chain gloves and there wasn't magic boost chain and cloth always gave you a larger mana pool. For the most part, that is no longer true. For the free gear as you level, though, cloth may still be best. At end game, the "cleric" chain will be better.

So how can you tell between cleric chain, chanter chain and aether tech chain? Chanter chain gives bonus stats of attack/crit strike.. physical stats. Cleric and AT chain both give bonus stats of mb/ma.. magic stats. Aether Tech chain gives an enmity -boost- so that AT's can gain agro and tank. Cleric chain gives an enmity -reduction- so that a cleric's heal agro is some what mitigated.

For stigmas, you will want Call Lightening and Summon Noble Energy. After that you can pick Enfeebling Burst or Chain of Suffering. For your green stigmas, pick Sac Power and Ret Lightening. Your third stigma is up to you. You can add a little heal power by taking Noble Grace or add some get-away speed for PvP by taking Power Sprint or Blinding Light for some PvP cc or Festering Wound to reduce the MR of the target. This will give you the linked dps stigma Judge's Edict which reduces both MR and Magic Suppression. If you want to go a little more hybrid, you can sub Ripple or Splendor of Rebirth for Enfeebling or Chain.

~happily rolling about in my own badness since 2009~
RIP: Honoria (Kaisinel/Elyos) ; Alysynne (Israphel/Asmo)
"Race balance is something that we take extremely seriously" - NCSoft
Old 12-03-2016, 05:54 AM
Elyos

Thank you so much! What about weapons? Is the staff still the go to? or has that changed?
Old 12-03-2016, 06:04 AM
Elyos

There are chanter staffs and cleric staffs. Same rules apply. Though at low levels, both staffs and maces will have physical bonus stats. In that case, the staff will have a higher base magic boost.. so take that. At end game, however, make sure to snag the cleric staff. And now we actually have a cleric PvP staff! The mythic blood -medal- staff is a cleric staff.

~happily rolling about in my own badness since 2009~
RIP: Honoria (Kaisinel/Elyos) ; Alysynne (Israphel/Asmo)
"Race balance is something that we take extremely seriously" - NCSoft
Old 12-03-2016, 06:42 AM
Elyos

Nice! Thanks so much! you've been an amazing help.