Old 12-04-2016, 06:02 PM
Elyos
Default Ranger status in 5.1

Ok, I've been dodging this question for some time but you know what? out with it

What is the overall tier status of rangers in Aion 5.0 to 5.3 in terms of overall pvp and pve performance?

And if you are one, and you really dont have the time or fundings to reroll, should you just get the nyerk off the game?

And please, spare me the nonsense about how

"Skill > everything, just be good"
"Just play what class you like"
"Just have fun, stop caring what people think"

I don't want to hear it; just tell me the plain truth however ugly it is
Old 12-04-2016, 08:08 PM
Asmodians
Default Re: Ranger status in 5.1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enrion - Siel View Post

And please, spare me the nonsense about how

"Skill > everything, just be good"
"Just play what class you like"
"Just have fun, stop caring what people think"
You are nyerking retarded. The reason why people say play what you like is because at the end of the day skill>all.

Since you are clearly nyerking retarded and lack the motivational drive to get good at a class, I'd say you should get off the game.

#theuglytruth

Assassin Guide - http://forums.na.aiononline.com/na/showthread.php?p=2012210
4.9 PvP Video - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wZdoVS22rPs
Old 12-04-2016, 08:28 PM
Elyos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soryu - Siel View Post
You are nyerking retarded. The reason why people say play what you like is because at the end of the day skill>all.

Since you are clearly nyerking retarded and lack the motivational drive to get good at a class, I'd say you should get off the game.

#theuglytruth
Get good at a game...get good at a game...

You know, there is no sure fire way to beat any class no matter what you use but since you demand it, here

For Assassins:

Use max attack speed you can muster up without Bestial, as the last thing you want to do is use Bestial in the early stages before. First attack is a stun followed by a knockback; wait for the knockback, use remove shock, feint, and use that 7 seconds to make as much distance as you can between you and the assassin as you wither away whatever hp you can with long distance attacks. Try to force out spellddodging and aethertwisting, and make sure to keep nature's resolve up not just to dodge poisoning stuns, but because aethertwisting is a spell; that blocks it so you wont die. Once those are down, or if e hasnt gotten a chance to use it yet, use sleep arrow when you think his life is low enough; blind and silence bury, get some distance, and burst him down as hard as you can and note; if you don't you may die here.

I had to fight assassins better and worse than me, day in, day out, in some of the worst conditions I could think of to learn this; same with everything

And then when you finally think you learned it all, when you finally think you understand what to do and do it perfectly, you realize...you didnt plan for that one random para proc out of nowhere. Same way I didn't plan for it every time I fought a sorcerer, used sleep arrow to wear off and wait out their buffs, finally got that silence arrow in, finally have their hp low, only for them to normal attack me and get a para proc there too.

There are so many things I can tell you, about what sets to wear vs. templars to increase your chances to the different styles a ranger can use vs. another ranger to how painful gladiators and clerics can be (the latter of which is a lost cause if they have more MR than you can muster up in m.acc)

Point is, unless you have something to say about what I'm doing wrong (and don't mention slideshot; I've been trying my best with limited success while wondering why one class has to break game mechanics to be worthwhile while everyone else just has to smash buttons (looking at you gladiators)) shut the nyerk up and go away somewhere! I'm sick and tired of those comments about "get more skilled" when I've had to fight alot of my fights, on my own, with no friends, barely any legion help regardless of what legion I'm in, totally HATED and SCORNED by my faction and having to fight tooth and nail for any semblance of progress!

If you have anything else to say I'm all ears, if not, duct tape your mouth and flutter away somewhere!
Old 12-04-2016, 09:02 PM
Asmodians

Quote:
Point is, unless you have something to say about what I'm doing wrong (and don't mention slideshot; I've been trying my best with limited success while wondering why one class has to break game mechanics to be worthwhile while everyone else just has to smash buttons (looking at you gladiators)) shut the nyerk up and go away somewhere! I'm sick and tired of those comments about "get more skilled" when I've had to fight alot of my fights, on my own, with no friends, barely any legion help regardless of what legion I'm in, totally HATED and SCORNED by my faction and having to fight tooth and nail for any semblance of progress!

If you have anything else to say I'm all ears, if not, duct tape your mouth and flutter away somewhere!
No, the point is you are a nyerkter looking for a reason to blame your lack of success on. If you can't slideshot and anim cancel then you aren't a good ranger.

You could be at the Sanctum dummies practicing but instead you are here, talking nyerk and discounting the truth I spat at you.

And don't say it's cause you did it solo. I did my sin solo and I can ensure you just because you don't have friends or a legion doesn't mean you are at any disadvantage. Don't ask to see my gear because I will put you to shame.

Now, unless you have a real reason why you can't get ahead, flutter away.

EDIT: Don't ask for the truth if you can't handle it.

Last edited by Mempo -; 12-04-2016 at 09:05 PM.
Old 12-04-2016, 09:13 PM
Elyos

So it really just boils down to this huh? If I cant slide shot, and dont have less than 100 ms? (which I honestly never will, believe me I tried; ping reducers don't seem to work in the Caribbean and I've tried wtfast, battleping, and one more I can't remember the name of) I am not, was not, and never will be a good ranger

Is that it?
Old 12-04-2016, 09:22 PM
Asmodians

Quote:
So it really just boils down to this huh? If I cant slide shot, and dont have less than 100 ms? (which I honestly never will, believe me I tried; ping reducers don't seem to work in the Caribbean and I've tried wtfast, battleping, and one more I can't remember the name of) I am not, was not, and never will be a good ranger

Is that it?
I have >200 ms and I have no trouble slide shotting or leap casting. What you need is practice. And the ping reducers are still useful since they flatten out your ping, making it easier to commit skills to muscle memory.

Go to Sanctum. Practice slide shooting until you have blisters on your fingers and then come back.

I was bad at Tekken once. Got mad at button mashers and nyerk. Then I literally practiced for 4 hours every day for 2 months, and I went 47 Wins 0 Losses with Lili when Tekken Tag 2 came out and was invited to play at the Mishima Zaibatsu in Manilla.

JUST DO THE PRACTICE AND YOU WILL DOMINATE PLEBS.