Old 12-06-2016, 12:48 AM
Elyos
Default Enmity Boost, Does It Matter For A Solo Cleric?

I'm playing a solo DPS cleric and I was recently given the choice of two armor types (quest rewards).

One had +Magic Attack, +Magic Boost and +Enmity Boost. The other one just had +Magic Boost and -Enmity Boost.

I chose the second one because I'd heard +Enmity Boost is a bad thing for clerics. But I think I've made a mistake. Does having positive Enmity Boost really matter to a solo cleric?

Because I'm always going to have aggro, cause I'm the only one here. So I'm thinking I should have just gone for the highest damage armor and not worried about Enmity Boost.

So I could really use some advice here, is Enmity Boost something a solo Cleric needs to worry about?

Cheers.
Old 12-06-2016, 01:02 AM
Asmodians
Default Re: Enmity Boost, Does It Matter For A Solo Cleric?

If you had chosen +enmity, what do you think will happen to you when:

1. you are the 3rd or 4th cleric in IS and you are dps'ing Hyperion?

2. you are in a siege and you are dps'ing the fortress general?

3. you are taking down Invasion mob and you are dps'ing those big bad bosses?
Old 12-06-2016, 01:25 AM
Asmodians

If you really play ALWAYS in solo, for quests, mob farming etc, you could even have a gear with no enimity (probably even positive). Now idk which gear you are talking about, in this case, but the advantage of a chain with + enimity (they are meant for Aethertech, not for cleric/chanter) might be a higher Magic atk (is waving a thing, for clerics?), Crit spell (clerics crit very seldom in any case). On the other hand, you'd lose Concentration and Healing boost, way more important than Mag atk and Crit spell.

Imo you didn't make a mistake when you chose your gear, even if you always play alone. Moreover, as Reyn said, you will have less troubles the day you decide to play in group.
Old 12-06-2016, 03:43 AM
Elyos

Aha! Thanks for the reassurance guys. I was worried I'd made a mistake. More damage is so seductive.

I'm playing my cleric like a mage, so I was torn between choosing cloth or chain, but I went with chain in the end. At the moment, the only stat I'm really focusing on is Magic Boost. But I'm still low level (only 27) so that might change later on.

Anyway, I don't think I'll ever play in a group, but never say never, so I really appreciate the advice.

Thanks again.
Old 12-06-2016, 04:12 AM
Elyos

There are three types of chain: Cleric, Chanter and Aether Tech. If the secondary stats are physical damage (attack/crit strike), it's chanter chain. If the secondary stats are magical (mb/ma) and it has enmity -increase- (to help a tank hold agro against dps), it's AT chain. If the secondary stats are magical and it has enmity -decrease-, it's cleric chain.

The enmity reduction allows dps and heals to do their thing and not snag agro from the tank.

As Reyn pointed out, even if you are solo all the time should you join anything where others are present (BIG bosses like Invasions or fort deities), you are going to snag agro twice as fast with your high dps plus your enmity increase. You really don't want that considering you are there alone and no one is going to help keep you alive.

Stick with the cleric chain.

~happily rolling about in my own badness since 2009~
RIP: Honoria (Kaisinel/Elyos) ; Alysynne (Israphel/Asmo)
"Race balance is something that we take extremely seriously" - NCSoft