Old 12-16-2016, 08:34 PM
Elyos
Default any pro templar out there

what should I socket my mythic bm gear?
what pvp stigma build should I go with it?
Old 12-19-2016, 12:56 AM
Asmodians
Default Re: any pro templar out there

1100 crit / rest attack
Old 12-20-2016, 07:37 AM
Asmodians

Socket hp like a boss.

Just kidding.

But my legion mate made his into a block set. He put physical defense 100's into the ancients and block 29 in regular spots, kinda like my chanters block set up. I forget his stats but he has fallin inlove with it. He has been winning lots of physical fights.

Edit: thing about temps to is they do multiple sets like cleric, you just have to look at the stats and figure out if you want it for mr or block or a dps set.

Last edited by Stanza - Siel; 12-20-2016 at 07:39 AM.
Old 12-29-2016, 12:04 PM
Elyos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosu - Kahrun View Post
1100 crit / rest attack
how about my accuracy?
Old 12-29-2016, 12:06 PM
Elyos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stanza - Siel View Post
Socket hp like a boss.

Just kidding.

But my legion mate made his into a block set. He put physical defense 100's into the ancients and block 29 in regular spots, kinda like my chanters block set up. I forget his stats but he has fallin inlove with it. He has been winning lots of physical fights.

Edit: thing about temps to is they do multiple sets like cleric, you just have to look at the stats and figure out if you want it for mr or block or a dps set.
that's the only set I have atm since I just cameback playing it and I cant go outside illuma to do my quest being 1 shoted hahahahaha
Old 12-30-2016, 08:13 AM
Asmodians

Bosu is right. 1.1k crit minimum, even that is a bit low now. That's going to change in a while but for right now that crit is fine. As you hit 70/71 + you'll see yourself around 1.3k if you get into arch daeva gear.

Attack/crit is going to be better for you all around as a main set. Crit/acc is going to be your second set. These are both important regardless of what kind of pvp you do. In months, more people will be 75 and have much higher stats and the stats required will change. I won't get into too much detail (unless you want me to, or check out Not Aion ((!Aion)) about end game/highly optimized sets, don't concern yourself with them too much right now, or maybe at all. Could be a long time before we see clerics rolling in 4.4k block but keeping 1.4k strike resist. Takes some hella gear, I think.

I wouldn't bother with block right now. MR is still functional for Templars but you can learn to fight Sorc/SW/SM in just attack. You don't -need- MR and it doesn't work as well as it used to. Being you're probably a lower level the guys you're gonna need it for are going to have too much MA anyway. In fact, I think one of the only classes MR is going to be a real use against is Assassins, which again you can handle just fine with only attack/crit.

Msupp is always nice to have because it's a 1 to 1 ratio. If you see a CC coming from a sorc or an SM is lining up a damage phase you can hot-swap (IE: insta swap with synapse) to absorb damage rather than try to nullify it with MR.

Sometimes clothies will have a strike resist set. To counter this you need/want 1.4 - 1.6k crit. Dunno if I'd recommend it for a long time though. You'll probably need hefty gear to maintain that and decent attack. For group pvp your groups spike damage is going to be what counts, not really yours/yours alone. You'll be doing damage, yes, but a lot of your work will be shields/disruption with pulls/flipping points/harassing Clerics, etc...

TL : DR in order of priority

1) Attack/Crit (minimum 1.1k crit. Optimum build for attack is much different but don't worry about that until way, way later).
2) Crit/Acc (4.5k + acc rest crit)
3) Msupp set
4) MR set
5) Crit set

Maybe I made it sound a little confusing, I tend to get carried away, but just keep it to the minimum requirements for now.
Next few patches make it easier to gear, I think. There is a lot more detail to building a highly optimized Templar.

Last edited by Giint - Siel; 12-30-2016 at 08:41 AM.
Old 12-31-2016, 12:01 PM
Asmodians

my list:
BM leather set crit/att (vs casters)
Arena set block
Abyss set (5.3) crit/acc

I'm not sure if we can buy leather abyss set in 5.3
Old 12-31-2016, 10:43 PM
Asmodians

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosu - Kahrun View Post
my list:
BM leather set crit/att (vs casters)
Arena set block
Abyss set (5.3) crit/acc

I'm not sure if we can buy leather abyss set in 5.3
Great idea. Plus, with the coming changes to omegas and +15ing, cruci block set is viable (and optimal, I think)
Old 01-06-2017, 12:35 PM
Asmodians

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giint - Siel View Post
Great idea. Plus, with the coming changes to omegas and +15ing, cruci block set is viable (and optimal, I think)
I'm gonna end up buying an arena leather set, since its better than BM mythic.