Old 01-05-2017, 03:16 PM
Asmodians
Default Returning SM needs gear advice.

I quit when they removed Tiamaranta and I've recently returned. However I changed back to my original class and I'm not sure where to start when it comes to gearing.

I've got about 25 billion Kinah in storage and I don't mind spending it on gearing this character for both PvE and PvP.

Some friends recomended the new Arena set and others the blood medal set, one recomended just getting the ambassador set, however with 5.3 looming and a new AP set coming out I'd like to save up AP.

On the PvE side of things I'm completely lost as to what I should aim for to be able to join in on the end game instances.

Lastly, with these new stigmas is there a cookie cutter PvP and PvE build?
Old 01-08-2017, 06:42 PM
Asmodians
Default Re: Returning SM needs gear advice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osirisoid - Siel View Post
I quit when they removed Tiamaranta and I've recently returned. However I changed back to my original class and I'm not sure where to start when it comes to gearing.

I've got about 25 billion Kinah in storage and I don't mind spending it on gearing this character for both PvE and PvP.

Some friends recomended the new Arena set and others the blood medal set, one recomended just getting the ambassador set, however with 5.3 looming and a new AP set coming out I'd like to save up AP.

On the PvE side of things I'm completely lost as to what I should aim for to be able to join in on the end game instances.

Lastly, with these new stigmas is there a cookie cutter PvP and PvE build?
Heya, welcome back to the game!!

I hope you haven't invested that kinah into anything yet... right now isn't a good time to do that, with 5.3 patch in a couple months.

It will hurt for a while, but right now your best bet to get you into the PvP zone is the new Arena gear. Burn all your arena cooldowns: 1v1, Chaos, and Harmony arenas. Avoid Glory for now until you can complete your set; Glory will give the new AP medals but you want to at least be on some fighting ground with your gear first before you burn tickets.

Status quo: MB/MA stones, and socket your CP points into Knowledge and Precision as necessary.

As for PVE, most people have their DD/Ancient coin upgrades by now. For you, log in every day even if you don't intend to play: reason being is after 30days of logging in, you get a free Mythic armor box. As someone starting from nothing, it'll help you get gear a little quicker. You can get nice armor drops by farming mobs as well in Norsvold.

I know you may say: "But I can just buy this gear from the Broker!"

Don't do that. You're gonna need that kinah when 5.3 comes to socket your Abyss gear and get manastones. I know the urge will be there to get gear fast, but resist it and conserve your resources for when it matters.

As for stigma, cookie cutter stigmas are as follows:

Infernal Blight - Magic Implosion - Infernal Pain - Cyclone of Wrath

I find myself wearing those all the time.

The other two you choose use to fit your gameplay:

Enmity Swap (PvE) - Stone Scour (PvPvE) - Shackle of Vulnerability (PvP)
Spirit Burn-to-Ashes (PvE) - Earthen Call (PvP) - Spirit Wall of Protection (PvPvE)

Just my two cents. Wish you the best

Tumblr/Art - http://forthyn.tumblr.com/
Old 01-15-2017, 06:36 PM
Elyos
Default Re: Returning SM needs gear advice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forthyn - Siel View Post
It will hurt for a while, but right now your best bet to get you into the PvP zone is the new Arena gear. Burn all your arena cooldowns: 1v1, Chaos, and Harmony arenas. Avoid Glory for now until you can complete your set; Glory will give the new AP medals but you want to at least be on some fighting ground with your gear first before you burn tickets.
I'm in a similar position.

I took a break from the game and a break from my SM well before the 5.0 patch.

From a gearing perspective with 5.3 on the horizon, I'm thinking like you said, arena gear is best.

With that said, is there perhaps a strategy to socket it where the money going into it isn't a complete waste once the new patch hits?

As an example, could it serve as an MA set and later with 5.3, use the new abyss gear as MB set?