Aion Discussion

Aion Forums > Aion Discussion > Housing > Siel

Old 01-05-2017, 08:37 AM
Asmodians
Default Re: Doubt about Future after server merge

Haha it sucks when people blame you for things all the time. Like, stop trying to hold me accountable for everything
Old 01-05-2017, 08:52 AM
Asmodians

I'm sorry, I really do know it's not you, which is why I said so. I don't blame you for going off about it either. Good for you!

But still, we cannot let them off the hook.

We keep giving them a pass on their bad behavior and we keep supporting their bad behavior with our financial investment.
Old 01-05-2017, 09:09 AM
Elyos

You keep saying "we" as if the player base is a collective thing. You can chose to do whatever you wish. Post. Play. Buy. Don't post. Don't play. Don't buy.

You do realize that the vast majority of players don't look at the forums and could care less what you or I or anyone else thinks. They will play as they wish and buy as they wish.

So there is no "we" giving "them" a pass on anything.

~happily rolling about in my own badness since 2009~
RIP: Honoria (Kaisinel/Elyos) ; Alysynne (Israphel/Asmo)
"Race balance is something that we take extremely seriously" - NCSoft
Old 01-05-2017, 09:30 AM
Asmodians

There are some things the vast majority of players are in agreement with, and some of those things are,
1) the game has become too play to win,
2) there is a worrisome gear gap
3) the store is horrendously neglected and mismanaged

There are other things that perhaps not all the players care that much about but that give away the lack of attention the game is currently given, and those are, for example, the many bloopers in localization, "Nertha's Call", the stealth nerfs, the botters and cheaters, and yet you never see a GM ingame (once in 4 years, except for an exception at Christmas years past.)

All the players I speak to have similar feelings about this situation. Perhaps you avoid discussing the problems and issues with Aion with your acquaintances and so you aren't hearing them? I'm just guessing.

Also, no not everyone agrees with every single opinion I have, but we do share a good bit of common ground.

Aion is an old game but that's not why the NA population fell off so sharply. It's as old in Korea and it does well there. WOW is older and it's still strong. Eve Online is still kicking for gawdsake, so don't give me that.

Last edited by Faeth -; 01-05-2017 at 09:31 AM.
Old 01-05-2017, 09:40 AM
Elyos

Well. My acquaintances and I spend most of our time together actually playing and not discussing typos in the localization. So I guess you are right to a certain degree.

The fact is, Faeth, that you don't talk to the majority of players nor do you know what they think. The majority of the people you sit about and complain with agree to your points, but you absolutely can't say that the majority of players do.

That's my point. It's legit to say "I feel this way.." or "all the players I speak to agree..", but don't for one moment think you know what the majority of anything thinks.

~happily rolling about in my own badness since 2009~
RIP: Honoria (Kaisinel/Elyos) ; Alysynne (Israphel/Asmo)
"Race balance is something that we take extremely seriously" - NCSoft
Old 01-05-2017, 09:52 AM
Asmodians

See there's where you're wrong, I do talk to lots of people I don't know each day, just in passing, just small chat here and there, just like this morning when someone asked me about my unicorn, someone who initially spoke to me in Portuguese, but I made the effort to bridge that gap because I'm genuinely interested in people. I got my unicorn in the first week of the luna shops, the person expressed disappointment with the nerfs that have made his or her chance of getting one a lot more difficult. They brought that up, not me.

And so it goes. You have to have blinders on not to see what has happened to this game.
Old 01-06-2017, 10:21 AM
Asmodians

too bad ...
Old 01-27-2017, 08:10 PM
Elyos

Well if I will loose my houses I hope they will make the studios a bit larger so I can still use my fornitures.
I wont buy any houses again for sure....... lately this game starts to upset me a bit too much.
Old 01-29-2017, 03:00 PM
Elyos

Have no doubts or fears! Hime will keep shining upon us until she burns out and dies many eons into the future.
Old 01-29-2017, 04:00 PM
Asmodians

I have 7 mansions and if I am indecorously forced to part with even one of them... well, let's just say, I have no metrics for such large-scale mental displacement that will be of consequence.