Old 02-01-2017, 06:45 AM
Elyos
Default IS gear after lvl 65 worth it?

From what I know the best healing HP gear now are IS and DD sets, But how we purify IS gear after lvl 65?!

I got few pices and then I noticed that I can't purify them without Kunax gear parts (those we get for ID but after lvl 66 u cant go to ID...).
So I destoryed what I got and bought Pure hyperion box (x3 for hauberk, shose and gloves) but my chausses are already with +15... what to do with them?

So what is better to buy more pure armor box for shoulders and one more weapon box? or just to get the mace and shoulders from the instance and not purify them?

right now with pure hauberk+15, shose+14, gloves+15 snd normal chausses+15 and AC mythic shoulders +5 and sheild +5 with BM entrnal mace +10 I have 18.9K HP without buff...

Btw wihch mace to get for dps?
p.s I am the only one who start to think that Hyperion gears are useless?
Old 02-01-2017, 07:37 AM
Asmodians
Default Re: IS gear after lvl 65 worth it?

As support gear (HP/HB) it's still completely viable as the only set in 5.x that has base HB on it is the one from CoE (which laughably has less HB than DD gear). The full set bonus doesn't matter at all if you're using it for HP as it only gives a small amount of phy def (100 phy def shaves off 10 points of damage from physical attacks, completely irrelevant for someone who has 20K HP), the extra MS has no effect in pve as mobs have no MB (thus the MS in your gear doesn't mitigate their magical attacks), and the extra MB/MA/CS would still leave you with low offensive stats to overcome the high amounts of MS that 4.x/5.x bosses have.

As dps gear, any archdaeva set will give you better stats because of the ability to socket knowledge stones on it, which will make your crit spell skyrocket without having to sacrifice your MB, while on L65 sets you're forced to split your manastone slots between MB and crit spell. The MB cap got raised in 5.0 from 2900 to 3200, and bosses in 4.x / 5.x have anything between 1K ~ 1.4K MS, thus you need to push for ~4.6K MB and at least 400 crit spell (ideally 800), which you won't reach with L65 gear.

Last edited by Upotatoein - Siel; 02-01-2017 at 08:58 AM.
Old 02-01-2017, 10:56 AM
Elyos

So for Healing HP set its okey to get the normal hyperion shoulders and mace and for MB the AC or any other weapon will be good?
Old 02-01-2017, 11:13 AM
Asmodians

Yes, the normal IS set is fine for all pve healing, both old and new instances. My enraged set is still 5/6 after years of running IS so I just mix-and-matched it with whatever else I had, it's fine, your HP is fine, you'll have decent base HB, don't stress over it.

For dps I'm using the mythic AC set (cloth version for better MP) with a few pieces socketed knowledge and the rest with MB. If you want to use other stuff like world drops, instance drops, etc, it's fine too, the difference in stats it's not a deal breaker (if you'll use expensive stones wait until you get something with good stats, obviously).