Old 01-08-2017, 10:35 AM
Asmodians
Default Post your gunner progress

In response to the "gunner is most useless" thread i'd like everybody to post how far you've come on your "useless" gunner.

I will admit gunner is a piece of nyerk without gear(every class is but cancer weaver, but gunner takes it to an extreme) Once you pass a certain point you go from nyerk tier to pretty impressive DPS in PVE an pretty decent in PVP if you can burry silence, abuse trunk shot and swap to cannon fast enough to get a sleep off to recharge cd or spam quick burst skills.

The class is extremely squishy per being a leather user, i've had to stack mb/hp stones to reach 16.3k hp so i wouldnt get one shot in adma/theo/is/EB.

My gunner currently has +10 AC cannon +10 ac top +7 every other ac armor, blood mark acc, +10 arena pistol main hand +10 blood mark pistol off hand.

With the right rotation i normally score top dps on ARM(if you want to somehow find out "true dps" then thats up to you but im sticking to ARM because im lazy) I normally steal boss aggro in public groups from the tank and i've stolen hyperion agro in IS quite a few times, even spamming my reduce agro skill im told by party lead/tank in lots of the dungeons that i run to slow down dps or stop attacking completely.

Gunner is nyerk starting out yes, but once you reach a certain point you will nyerk dps over everybody. You can say "oh thats the same for every class" Not really, i run with people with same-ish gear or way better weapons than mine (+15s) and i still manage to keep up or slightly pass them.

**I was going to post a screenshot of an IS run i did where i top scored 1.7m damage at 6k dps where the tank scored below me at 1.5m at 4k dps but i derped and forgot ARM isnt part of Aion so a screenshot doesnt save in ARM***

Ill post some screens eventually but just know that while gunner needs some help and i'd love a buff, with some hard work you can polish this turd.

Also nyerk song weavers
Old 01-09-2017, 09:00 AM
Elyos
Default Re: Post your gunner progress

I am going to have to do a dps test in IS in the old stormwing gear I saved for sentimental reasons...but I respectfully submit that gunslinger can actually be quite good even with pretty nyerk gear (as long your macc is high enough) in any 4.xx instance other than DD, but even in DD you can do passable DPS (particularly with rapidfire deluge). Haven't tried any 5.xx content in nyerk gear, but that could also be fun to experiment with.

If all else fails...nyerk it all and pop wind form. Gunner in wind form is OP, getting anywhere from 9k to 13k dps depending on the boss (including CoE).

Make sure to socket knowledge. Get the HP from enchanting wings and plume, not from socketing HP or MB/HP. Your manastone slots are too precious for knowledge (at least until you get over 650 crit spell).

-Mud
Old 01-14-2017, 10:27 AM
Asmodians

Gunslinger is far from begin useless.
They got "Balance" in 4.8 but the ones who knows how to gunner still destroys every other class .
Old 02-20-2017, 07:35 AM
Elyos

The 'gunner is most useless' thread is from an somebody who hasn't geared his/her gunner.
I've been a gunner main for 2 years and for many reasons (like our class starting with less base knowledge than most other classes) gunners are hard to gear and reach the top tier endgame stats after the big nerf, however with the introduction of the ac mythic set it's really not as difficult as before.

I play from the UK on the NA server with about 170 -200 ping with wtfast which i not ideal with gunners but considering that i often find myself outdpsing similarly geared classes I would't say gunners are useless at all.
In PVE, Gunners are heavily reliant on using both aethercannon and pistols use to reach maximum potential, with a good rotation and a low-ish ping you'll be hitting high dps counts.
In PVP, Theres gunners who build a majority pistol stigma build and then theres ppl like me who can't rely on burst (ping), who go half cannon and half pistol, full canon builds are pretty much useless since a single silence can destroy you, if you follow a good build then you can destroy things if you're geared.
Again it all comes down to gear, for pvp get yourself a good 2 star set or arena OR farm n wait for the new ap set, for pve get ac mythic +10 the nyerk out of it and you're groovy, also once youve reached a good amount of mb remember to start socketing your weapons pvp & pve weapons with knowledge, crit spell makes a huge impact on endgame.

My stats unbuffed currently are at
19.5k hp
cannon pve
4.6k mb
2.3k ma
400 crit spell (need a crit pure plume :'( )
pistol pve
4.4k mb
2.4k ma
370 crit spell

18.5k hp
Cannon pvp
4.5k mb
2.4k ma
380 crit
Pistol pvp
4.3k mb
2.4k ma
350 crit

I've also hit 2.4 mil dmg in IS on various occasions
Also note I recently leveld a sw alt in a month it's already at 4k mb just for comparisons sake xD sw's are truly broken

Last edited by ONMYPERIOD - Siel; 02-20-2017 at 08:07 AM.
Old 02-24-2017, 06:03 AM
Asmodians

Quote:
Originally Posted by ONMYPERIOD - Siel View Post
The 'gunner is most useless' thread is from an somebody who hasn't geared his/her gunner.
I've been a gunner main for 2 years and for many reasons (like our class starting with less base knowledge than most other classes) gunners are hard to gear and reach the top tier endgame stats after the big nerf, however with the introduction of the ac mythic set it's really not as difficult as before.

I play from the UK on the NA server with about 170 -200 ping with wtfast which i not ideal with gunners but considering that i often find myself outdpsing similarly geared classes I would't say gunners are useless at all.
In PVE, Gunners are heavily reliant on using both aethercannon and pistols use to reach maximum potential, with a good rotation and a low-ish ping you'll be hitting high dps counts.
In PVP, Theres gunners who build a majority pistol stigma build and then theres ppl like me who can't rely on burst (ping), who go half cannon and half pistol, full canon builds are pretty much useless since a single silence can destroy you, if you follow a good build then you can destroy things if you're geared.
Again it all comes down to gear, for pvp get yourself a good 2 star set or arena OR farm n wait for the new ap set, for pve get ac mythic +10 the nyerk out of it and you're groovy, also once youve reached a good amount of mb remember to start socketing your weapons pvp & pve weapons with knowledge, crit spell makes a huge impact on endgame.

My stats unbuffed currently are at
19.5k hp
cannon pve
4.6k mb
2.3k ma
400 crit spell (need a crit pure plume :'( )
pistol pve
4.4k mb
2.4k ma
370 crit spell

18.5k hp
Cannon pvp
4.5k mb
2.4k ma
380 crit
Pistol pvp
4.3k mb
2.4k ma
350 crit

I've also hit 2.4 mil dmg in IS on various occasions
Also note I recently leveld a sw alt in a month it's already at 4k mb just for comparisons sake xD sw's are truly broken
All my alts are 4k mb or more... guess every class is broken.