Old 04-27-2017, 01:51 AM
Asmodians
Default Viable PVP/PVE Set

Hi everyone...
I start playing again at AION a couple of weeks before the new patch so when i thought to understand what was going on, the new patch messed everything up to me again.
I reed a lot of topics about the cleric sets but I'm still full of doubt.

Right now I'm aiming at the blood medal mythic set for the pvp, is it still viable? Cause the abyss pvp set is a little bit out of range to me that I have not a lot of free time to grind. Which manastone should I use on it? I love doing group pvp, so I prefer to keep my mates alive instead of doing tons of damage.
Sometimes i read that I should go for full block manastone, sometimes for full MR manastone... or sometimes i read about the new archdaeva manastone that I totally ignore how they works >.<
What kind of manastones are the most viable for clerics right now?

And regarding the PVE set? A full HP mythic Ancient coin set is fine?

Thanks in advance for reading this...
Old 04-27-2017, 02:59 AM
Elyos
Default Re: Viable PVP/PVE Set

Getting the mythic bloodmedal set is a good place to start and pretty easy to get. Fully enchant the whole set. Make sure that you enchant the shield to +15 and slot the whole thing in block. Don't use composites. This is a level 65 set, so it doesn't break, but you can't use the new manastones. Make sure that your essences are fully invested in HP (which also gives you block).

The arena set is also a good set and would work well as a block set. With this set you can use the new manastones, but it breaks when you fail an enchant. You can purchase pieces of this set from other players as it is tradeable.

I am using the level 75 abyss set as an MR set, so I haven't really looked into lower sets as viable options for MR.

Just keep in mind that the new system is allowing melee and magic users to get their accuracy and magical accuracy sky high, so you need to do the same with your block and MR sets. There really is no such thing as "too much" block or MR.

For PvE get your HP to 2300+ and you will be fine.

~happily rolling about in my own badness since 2009~
RIP: Honoria (Kaisinel/Elyos) ; Alysynne (Israphel/Asmo)
"Race balance is something that we take extremely seriously" - NCSoft
Old 04-27-2017, 03:46 AM
Asmodians

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alysynne - Israphel View Post
Getting the mythic bloodmedal set is a good place to start and pretty easy to get. Fully enchant the whole set. Make sure that you enchant the shield to +15 and slot the whole thing in block. Don't use composites. This is a level 65 set, so it doesn't break, but you can't use the new manastones. Make sure that your essences are fully invested in HP (which also gives you block).

The arena set is also a good set and would work well as a block set. With this set you can use the new manastones, but it breaks when you fail an enchant. You can purchase pieces of this set from other players as it is tradeable.

I am using the level 75 abyss set as an MR set, so I haven't really looked into lower sets as viable options for MR.

Just keep in mind that the new system is allowing melee and magic users to get their accuracy and magical accuracy sky high, so you need to do the same with your block and MR sets. There really is no such thing as "too much" block or MR.

For PvE get your HP to 2300+ and you will be fine.
So it's look like I'm going to be perma silenced in pvp, right? or maybe things are going better with a full enchanted set... I hope that XD
But at least now I know what I ve to aim for...
The new manastone so are used only for the arena set? and which one should use a cleric? the HP ones?

I have other 2 simple question:
Shield and Weapon should bought with blood medal too?
Regarding the jewelry? Right now I have the eternal set bought with blood mark.

Thanks again for the fast reply :)
Old 04-27-2017, 06:15 AM
Elyos

Being silenced as a cleric (or any magic class) is just part of our reality. Enchanting your gear will not help with that but will help you survive until you can cast again. Once you get to level 74 you can upgrade your Prayer of Focus to a new skill called Prayer of Resistance (costs 20 essence) which gives you some silence resistance. It lasts for 10s and can be used every minute. Also the new abyss gear has some silence resist.

The new manastones can be used on any arch-daeva set. That's any set level 66+. So you can use it in the mythic ancient coin, but not in the mythic bloodmedal. make sense? The type of stone you use depends on what you are trying to accomplish with the set. For a block set, you would use the HP stones, which also give block. For an MR set, you would use Will stones, which also give MR. For a PvE heal set, you would again use the HP stones. For a dps set, you could use a mix of the Knowledge (which give MB and magic crit) and Precision (which gives MA).

If you are going to get that starter mythic bloodmedal set and slot it with block, the matching shield and mace are fine. Just make sure that you max enchant that shield ASAP.. I would even suggest before you max enchant any of the armor, though ideally doing it all at once is best. You don't need to enchant the mace at all unless you want to.

You can start by getting the Divine Dareet Reian Fighter accessories. Those drop in IDL. If you can't seem to win enough in there, you can always buy them from the broker as they are tradeable. Make sure to at least +5 the "bottom" accessories. Enchanting belts and rings gives you more PvP defense. Enchanting the "top" accessories isn't as important if you are going to be mostly healing.

~happily rolling about in my own badness since 2009~
RIP: Honoria (Kaisinel/Elyos) ; Alysynne (Israphel/Asmo)
"Race balance is something that we take extremely seriously" - NCSoft
Old 04-27-2017, 09:08 AM
Asmodians

Be different, go naked.
Old 05-02-2017, 10:19 AM
Asmodians

PVP MR: 75aug or Ahserion. Socket it with Will and MR+16. And A-Dredge hairpin. Also, ADLR or crafted wings.
PVP Block: Arena gear with a mix of HP stones (I'm talking about archdaeva stones, not green HP) and Block+29 or Mythic BM with ancient Block+33. Remember to +15 the shield so you get extra Block and damage reduction. For the hairpin you can get any plate or chain helm that gives a decent amount of block.
PVP DPS: Can be anything you want. Use MB/MA composites and/or Knowledge and Precision stones.
Accessories: CoE are the best option (for support cuz they don't have pvp stats unless you enchant them) but it takes time, kinah and luck to get all of them. Secondly are Boundless ones, which are rare and expensive. Then there are 75aug, Ahserion and finally IDL ones, which are the easiest and cheapest, so you might want to go for them first.

PVE HP/Heal Boost: IS / Purified IS / DD / CoE (Remember, you can use ancient stones at lvl 65 gear, so use it as Heal Boost set). Personally I don't like AC cuz it doesn't give healing boost but if you have nothing better, go for it and make your HP set.
PVE DPS: AC (cloth is better cuz of the mana pool) / Pure or Sophisticated Frigida / CoE
Accessories: if you get the ones I mentioned before, you're just fine. If not, you can start with the ones from AoE campaigns.

Last edited by Angina -; 05-02-2017 at 10:27 AM.
Old 05-03-2017, 03:30 AM
Asmodians

Thanks everyone for your replies.
It helped me a lot to get on track again. It's frustrating don't knowing what to aim at...