Old 01-29-2017, 10:59 PM
Elyos
Default Re: Full support sw ? chanter replacement ?

With a little of love from Hime, [Player], can now maintain two characters! To start it all off you can use some <Berdin's Lucky Stars> to get your second character of the class [Class]! You can see where to buy these below!

http://store.aiononline.com/store/it...tegoryPath=1_2

<Berdin's Lucky Star> x1 for 80 NCoin! Amazing! The more purchases you make, the stronger Hime's love will be (without smothering you in flames). One day she shall bless you with the luck you need to finish enchanting that dusty set sitting in your warehouse.
Old 01-30-2017, 08:30 AM
Asmodians

It all depends on how you play and if your geared enough. On my songweaver in support stigmas my dps is still great and the fact of havng heals is amazing since i can break like 500 healing boost, maybe 550. Anyways i like chanter most only due to fact you always have a heal. Sw. Once you do the heal chain you have to wait 2 secs before you can heal again... my sw in my pure IS set socketed mb/hp with critspell ancients im at like 20khp or 21khp.
Old 01-30-2017, 12:30 PM
Asmodians

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nelewen - Siel View Post
The armors already +10 was thinking maybe support sw is something rather stupid,maybe it's fun to support as sw but people will never expected a sw to support in instance they rather sw to DPS and if you're healing u won't have time to use throne song anyway(from my experience trying to use WoI vision while playing support chanter I forgot to use it a lot of times when battle is intense) and to be honest we never lack of clerics and chanters in siel.
There were SWs healing DR (the original, pre-nerfs version), IO, IS, etc even before the skill revamp that reduced chorus' CD from 10min to 1min. Pugs may be reclutant to take a SW as main healer because there's already plenty of chain classes as you said, but also because of the bad fame that rubbish SWs gave to the class by playing it like sorc wannabes. Any decent SW can handle pve healing (solo/duo depending on the instance) as long as the group isn't full blown retarded, which sadly most pugs are (and undergeared, to make it worse).

The one thing that bothers me as a SW if I'm solo healing is lack of mass-ressing capabilities, other than being a one hit wonder and popping 4K DP to give everyone a self ress, if the group is repeatedly dying for whatever reason (usually bad positioning) then your only options are Cherubim Call on a 30sec CD and the regular ress stone, which forces you to stop healing your group during the long-ass use time of the stone. Compare that to a cler who can just pop Sage's Wisdom and loci ress, or a chanter who can WoQ and turbo-ress multiple people before the buff runs out.

Last edited by Upotatoein - Siel; 01-30-2017 at 12:33 PM.
Old 01-30-2017, 08:41 PM
Elyos

My main is a cleric but I'd have to say songweavers doing support in many instances is viable, and people especially randoms from LFG underestimate this potential a lot. (of course, when they can't even trust a chanter healing, how can they trust a songweaver doing a "cleric only" job?) These days solo healing easy instances like DR barracks ORB should be piece of cake. Tried to heal adma that day, but not quite solo since our DPS songweaver did some assist healing. I guess when I reach 72 on my songweaver and get group winter to extend my toolbox for group healing it will be even better. My songweaver in full support mode has 733 healing boost currently, too lazy to farm full IS accessories. (they give extra healing boost, somehow)

People are just too close minded to accept anything apart from a cleric healing. I understand some had bad experience with it, but this is nearly the same risk getting a random cleric from LFG. Now when everyone's 70+ running pre 5.0 easy instances, the damage taken is already reduced and there is a good chance we get a dodge/resist from mobs. Instead of waiting for an nonexistent cleric from LFG for 40 min I'd always volunteer solo healing as a songweaver.

Last edited by PetitFour - Siel; 01-30-2017 at 08:42 PM.
Old 02-03-2017, 08:10 AM
Asmodians

Quote:
Originally Posted by PetitFour - Siel View Post
My main is a cleric but I'd have to say songweavers doing support in many instances is viable, and people especially randoms from LFG underestimate this potential a lot. (of course, when they can't even trust a chanter healing, how can they trust a songweaver doing a "cleric only" job?) These days solo healing easy instances like DR barracks ORB should be piece of cake. Tried to heal adma that day, but not quite solo since our DPS songweaver did some assist healing. I guess when I reach 72 on my songweaver and get group winter to extend my toolbox for group healing it will be even better. My songweaver in full support mode has 733 healing boost currently, too lazy to farm full IS accessories. (they give extra healing boost, somehow)

People are just too close minded to accept anything apart from a cleric healing. I understand some had bad experience with it, but this is nearly the same risk getting a random cleric from LFG. Now when everyone's 70+ running pre 5.0 easy instances, the damage taken is already reduced and there is a good chance we get a dodge/resist from mobs. Instead of waiting for an nonexistent cleric from LFG for 40 min I'd always volunteer solo healing as a songweaver.
Honestly in my opinion support classes aren't for everyone. It takes a curtain person to be a good support.
Old 05-17-2017, 06:47 AM
Elyos

I just find out exultation isn't have a spot in support sw.
It's so true that exultation is good but if I get joyous chorus and exultation I'll have only 1 chain of healing + 1 instant heal I'll have a moment like 2-3 sec that I can't do healing it's true that I'm able to dps but that's too confusing for me plus I might not be able to hit boss with my healing set I finding soothing hymn is useful and I might replace exultation with it,it allows me to continuing to heal people without stop....but what's the point of SW then if I can heal just like chanter that can't buff people with throne song unless I drops Joyous but then I'll become a cleric without AoE heal with short cd and if I decide to drops Chorus I can's solo heal IS cause I don't have AoE to heal people when boss AoE them

Every way I look on,I can't be good at anything on any stigma support set up,it seems DPS stigma is only way that SW can do their job best at :/
Old 05-17-2017, 07:12 AM
Asmodians

I have done full support sw and I had great dps and the support from a sw is amazing. It's not hard to time throne song. Obviously I will say changers are and will be the best support due to all the mantras and buffs but yea songweaver is all around amazing.

Songweaper may not have mantras and buffs like quickness and block curtain but remember chanters don't usually dps if support and if a songweaver helps dps it can make up for the lack of buffs. Due to the damage they can put out. My songweaver is geared very well so missing impassion isn't that big of a deal. The only other 2 dps skills I use are treble and pain. But that's it, It's only pve after all.