Old 03-23-2017, 05:23 PM
Asmodians
Default Re: Templar in 5.3 And you. (A breakdown of this nyerkhead class.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alaskas - Siel View Post
great job <3
Awwww thank yoiu <3
Old 03-24-2017, 05:28 AM
Asmodians

Thank you for this really nice guide. Thank you for taking your time to post it for us Emyrryl.
IMHO, by the 5.3 and on Templar are a really broken class and the most powerful physical one in the hands of a smart player.
Starting by the "tank" factor - you're a really hard class to beat down, so almost every player will 'skip' you on Arenas (like Glory, Chaos and Harmony) and look for the squishy ones. Yet your're still able to dps hard, burst, burn (and even 100-0) any other class. How a mainly tanky class can deal that ammount of damage?

I have an Templar alt (lv.70) and My main is a Chanter (lv.73). The only way I can survive a templar full dps rotation is popping my block / strike resist set.
The good ones always swap to shield / mace and pop stubborn spirit and i can do NOTHING lol

just my opinion and sorry for the bad english xD
Old 03-27-2017, 08:24 AM
Asmodians

Quote:
Originally Posted by TresBoletas - Israphel View Post
Thank you for this really nice guide. Thank you for taking your time to post it for us Emyrryl.
IMHO, by the 5.3 and on Templar are a really broken class and the most powerful physical one in the hands of a smart player.
Starting by the "tank" factor - you're a really hard class to beat down, so almost every player will 'skip' you on Arenas (like Glory, Chaos and Harmony) and look for the squishy ones. Yet your're still able to dps hard, burst, burn (and even 100-0) any other class. How a mainly tanky class can deal that ammount of damage?

I have an Templar alt (lv.70) and My main is a Chanter (lv.73). The only way I can survive a templar full dps rotation is popping my block / strike resist set.
The good ones always swap to shield / mace and pop stubborn spirit and i can do NOTHING lol

just my opinion and sorry for the bad english xD
Quite alright Friend.

So the thing with Templar is this. Yeah we can deal heavy amounts of damage while still maintaining a VERY large amount of tankiness. However the one thing that Alot of players don't know is that Pre 4.8 Templars actually had to choose between that Tankiness and being able to deal damage. The problem with us deciding to deal damage was this: Back in those days we actually had to take two useless spells (yes, Spells on a templar, skills that require magic boost to hit hard :P ) Divine justice, (16m 2s stun that did negligable damage.) And Magic smash which was an alternative chain to our Ferocious strike chain. (Decent damage, usually around 1.4-2.2k in pvp depending on how badly you outgeared the person)

When 4.8 Hit Our crucial skills that allow us to do damage Were localized as normal skills (I.E Break power, Empryean fury being the main two we got that helped us immensly) What ended up making us so dangerous was that we were now able to take these skills that gave us tankiness as our stigmas. (Steel barricade, Stubborn, Shield of faith, etc etc) After nearly 6 years of suffering and being one of the most difficult classes to succeed with we became much more dangerous. Average templars became "good" And Good templars became "unstoppable"

Remember there are a few key ways to counter a Templar on your chanter :)
Popping an Antishock scroll if they're chasing you has a good chance to counter our pull ;)
You have two remove shocks which make it hard for us to land break power on you.
You also have the ability to physical fear us So we can't use our skills If you do manage to get pulled if you can get that off you can block a good portion of our rotation. Also don't forget to spam hallowed strike that -50% attack speed is PAINFUL when a Templar is trying to dps you.

I wholeheartedly agree, The trick to beating a Templar is timing and proper damage reduction. Block templars aren't going to have the Accuracy to bypass your own block set. DPS templars Aren't going to have the Survivability to be able to afford missing on their rotations. <3 Stick to that block set and make sure to keep At least (I can't remember the name Prayer of restoration or whatever it's called. It lets you heal for bout 2k per tick over time. I'm super tired lol. :P And you should be able to beat most templars with proper kiting. ;) Thank you for the input, I still have much to complete on the guide, Lots of things to change, it's just a game of russian roulette to log into the forums.
Old 03-29-2017, 06:59 PM
Asmodians

As a returning player (since 4.3), I thank you for this post.

I might be wrong as it might have changed, but I remember a "good" counter to sorcerer's reflect was an extended greatsword : the reflect effect had a range of 5m or something that could be countered with an extended GS range. That was not an easy move but that worked. No idea if it's still a thing.

Last edited by Lharzouille - Siel; 03-29-2017 at 07:03 PM.
Old 05-24-2017, 06:57 PM
Elyos

*wipes tears*

Making me proud.
Mekmek - Chris Costa of Templars