Elyos
Default Re: Beyond the Windstream - Producer's Letter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azoturan - Siel View Post
Where does it say that specifically ?
http://forums.na.aiononline.com/na/s...80#post2080680
Quote:
Originally Posted by {CC} Cyan - Siel View Post
Q: When are the server merges happening?
Server merges are scheduled for fall 2017 after we release Aion 5.6. We will announce the date at least a month out in order to give everyone enough time to prepare.
Bryos (TM A) - Corteo (KR E) - DarkAzphel (SL E)
Old 06-28-2017, 07:40 AM
Asmodians

Constructive criticism

Many servers allready virtual ghost towns, by fall you will see tumbleweeds blowing through. Beritra, Kahrun and I hear Tiamat allready low. Heck most of everyone I knew on Beritra quit, moved to another game like me. So this is only going to get worse waiting what 3 month more minimum and once you open transfers out of Beritra umm good luck lol. Any plan for that

While I know a great many things need Koreas blessing for the game actually communicating and working with the communtiy is not one of those things. The lack of anything even a simple we are working on it, or any update would of sufficed. Now you are giving the same song and dance new forums( heard it for years don't believe it as your actions don't warrant it), merge now in the fall are we to believe this you said spring and details early 2017, June is 6 months in early 2017 was months ago.

As someone who played daily and was a regular the lack of any communication from you guys at all is poor poor business. When the long time players like myself and many others decide to quit and move on to other games that are not Ncsoft that is saying something.

We know you have your shiney new games MXm and Blade and Soul but for you to basically of left Aion and its community hang out to dry is embarrasing. Despite limitations from Korea on Game stuff communicating with your player base should never be optional.

Sorry if things seem a bit harsh but take it for what it is and maybe try to improve of it. I finally got tired of all the broken promises from Ncsoft and hit my limit. The only way you will start to recover anyones trust is to actually do stuff and show it with actions.
Old 06-28-2017, 10:20 AM
Asmodians

Quick question:

5.6 changes the reward for the campaign quests "A Ceremony in Sanctum / A Ceremony in Pandaemonium" and "Expedition Coalition / Enshar Expedition". The items given on the Expedition quest is comparable to top 65 mythic gear, which is a problem to anyone new (right now until the patch) or rerolling since that quest can be completed once.

Is there any chance we get the box through a survey after the patch for lvl55s and higher or are we nyerked?

Last edited by Cucumber -; 06-28-2017 at 10:23 AM.
Old 06-28-2017, 12:00 PM
Asmodians

Quote:
Originally Posted by {PD}Gideon - Siel View Post
Feedback
As our passionate player base, your candid feedback is always appreciated. We read a lot of your discussions, and escalate it for additional review and actions. Please continue to share your experiences with us on what you like, and what you don’t, so we can continue to improve Aion for you.
This is a joke right? Like read that back to yourselves from our perspective and tell me that doesn't sound like a hack.

If I was to be 'candid' in my feedback Cyan would be on top of me with a ban hammer in hand, flexing his Community Coordinator skills delivering me a mute that ended "soonever".

"continue to improve Aion for you."

No. Don't -continue- anything. We don't want that brand of "improvement" anymore. Feel free to share what you thought was the last "improvement" you made to the game was and we'll see what the community thinks. I hope you get from the hint of confidence in my wording that the response will favour my argument.

The last good event I remember was the Aether Bloom event in Levinshor, where you gathered from flowers that spawned in the world and turned them in for rewards. There was also a reward from getting 40 separate AP rewarding player kills in the zone during the week.

I haven't seen that many people actively pursuing OW PvP (you know, actually playing the game?) outside of sieges since then.

If you read any of the discussions around the time you would have known how much the players loved the event, and how we asked for more, or more events like it.

WANNA KNOW WHAT WE GOT?

Snowballs. Dolls. BCM Flash sales. P2W cash grabs. Over AND over AND over that did NOTHING to boost the number of people actually doing anything in game, serving mostly just to devalue that which many of us had already worked or payed our asses off for. I've been able to 'participate' in all of the events with my NYERK in hand and no mouse in my laptop.

I would trade all of my good memories back for the money I have spent on this game for the virtue of knowing I wasn't paying you to fail us. Was that candid enough for you?

NCWest you have been weighed; you have been measured, and you have been found wanting.

Assassin Guide - http://forums.na.aiononline.com/na/showthread.php?p=2012210
4.9 PvP Video - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wZdoVS22rPs
Old 06-28-2017, 12:17 PM
Asmodians

Quote:
Originally Posted by {PD}Gideon - Siel View Post
[...] due to ongoing discussions about how best to execute the merges (and ensure we had the resources to do it right) we have had to delay the merges until Fall 2017.

Shortly after the launch of Aion 5.3 in March we started work on Aion 5.6, and we’re excited to show you what’s coming!

We’ve been talking about new forums for a while now, and we’re been making progress!

As our passionate player base, your candid feedback is always appreciated. We read a lot of your discussions, and escalate it for additional review and actions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by {CC} Cyan - Siel View Post
all names will be reset. They can reacquire their name on a first-come, first-served basis.

if you lose your rank and are still using Abyss gear level 65 and below, you will not be able to fully utilize that equipment set.

For players who own a house, mansion, estate, and/or palace, you will receive the Kinah price you paid for your home

Similar to character names, (also the Legion names) will be first-come first-served.

We will not be able to assist players if they are automatically moved.
So you worked hard all of this time to come out with a first-come first-served approach... How many minutes (I hope) did it take your meeting?

Wouldn't have been better to honestly admit:

due to ongoing and more important projects (like BnS and MxM) we have had to delay further the merges (hopefully before next year - after our summer holidays in any case, even if summer might be a good period for you players to play games). Since we are using the Aion's servers for other games, the loss of player base isn't a major concern for us.

We hope to give you Aion 5.6 not too much after the Gameforge.

We released a working website and forum for BnS and MxM. In the next months, when we find half a day, we'll make a new CSS/template to copy one of these forum in the Aion's folder.

No need to send your useless feedback. I wont read them and the survey will be sent after the merge anyway.

Ah, but we'll have a post-merge party!

Last edited by Urud - Kahrun; 06-28-2017 at 12:37 PM.
Old 06-28-2017, 08:11 PM
Asmodians

Pls don't nerf the event we get to choose for the post-merge party
Old 06-28-2017, 09:39 PM
Asmodians

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soryu - Siel View Post
This is a joke right? Like read that back to

No. Don't -continue- anything. We don't want that brand of "improvement" anymore. Feel free to share what you thought was the last "improvement" you made to the game was and we'll see what the community thinks. I hope you get from the hint of confidence in my wording that the response will favour my argument.

The last good event I remember was the Aether Bloom event in Levinshor, where you gathered from flowers that spawned in the world and turned them in for rewards. There was also a reward from getting 40 separate AP rewarding player kills in the zone during the week.

I haven't seen that many people actively pursuing OW PvP (you know, actually playing the game?) outside of sieges since then.

If you read any of the discussions around the time you would have known how much the players loved the event, and how we asked for more, or more events like it.
Sorry but you can only tell for yourself. I don't agree with you.

Smoldering Fire Temple, Kumuki Rescue, Trees and even the Doll event was good ones and made ppl play the game and stay online >active< for hours. Upgrade Acarde used to be 'pay-2-event' in the past years and now you can play it everyday.

Also, i don't think the flower event was increasing the playerbase in numbers. It was a holy zerg x zerg event and ppl logout by the time they got their kills complete.

Maybe they could save Aion, but I think the main hope of saving the game comes from Korea. NCwest just sinks it more by adding pay-2-win events.

Last edited by TresBoletas - Israphel; 06-28-2017 at 09:41 PM.