Old 07-30-2017, 09:26 AM
Elyos
Default Spear or Greatsword ?

Yep another spear vs greatsword again lol

The reason I make this thread because I'm able to weave with Templar using greatsword with 1.4 atk speed and it's kinda good while spear I need to spam skills because spear is extremely slow however I feel like glad is kinda slow using skills with greatsword for some reason.

Should I make greatsword and weave with it ? or stick to spear and just spam skills ?
Old 07-30-2017, 11:56 AM
Asmodians
Default Re: Spear or Greatsword ?

Why bother? It seems like it wouldn't have much use outside of PvE since you're reliant on knockdowns for PvP. But dual-wielding a dagger/mace combo would out-DPS a GS anyway. Seems like more trouble than it's worth.
Old 07-30-2017, 07:42 PM
Asmodians

I guess you could use greatsword if you wanna more efficiency in 1 target damage, but overall, weaving is not necessary because the gladiator has enough skills to not run out of them, and there still some skills where you can weave with spears and not be sloooooow. And still, you are still gonna be losing AoE damage if you are group pvping and using GS.
Old 07-31-2017, 12:51 PM
Asmodians

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matsukamy - Siel View Post
I guess you could use greatsword if you wanna more efficiency in 1 target damage, but overall, weaving is not necessary because the gladiator has enough skills to not run out of them, and there still some skills where you can weave with spears and not be sloooooow. And still, you are still gonna be losing AoE damage if you are group pvping and using GS.
DO NOT LISTEN TO THIS GUY

weaving is always necessary.

If you can't weave properly with a spear with a candy up that hits the sweet bp, you just need to learn how to weave.

Gladiator Weaving is cheese, and fact is everyone sucks at this game not realizing how to weave properly.

Weaving properly is not only effortless, but is a huge increase in DPS. If you only want to do 50-75% of your total DPS, then by all means don't weave and spam skills like all the other bads.