Old 08-06-2017, 02:16 PM
Elyos
Default Homeward bound a permanent thing

I am not the best at constructing post so sorry in advanced but i want to share my thoughts on this Homeward bound event.

I would like to start by saying i was just interested in how this game would be for new players so i decided to level up a new character with no help from any other characters or money on any account. This leveling took place after level 20 in 5.6.

- 1-20 very straight forward
- Blue quests and campaigns were done in full on every map. Aside from poeta and verteron
- Kromede's trial was done x5 times for repeat quests
- All group instances were skipped as i could not get groups as they took to long to form.
- Aturam Sky Fortress was skipped
- I hit 64 and hit a wall but i feel this is due to the fact i did not do the quests set out in the group instances which honestly is no fault of the companies.
- Day 2 20 hours of game play 66 achieved

All this was able to be done with such a perfect movement throughout the levels due to this Homeward bound event, As the bottles topped me up the last 10-30% of each level i was missing after completing all the blue quests in the region i was at.
With out this event players would be getting stuck at Levels 34, 44,53 and 60 on-wards, Leaving them to aimlessly grind mobs until the next quest appear on their map.

This is why i feel Homeward bound needs to become a permanent thing due to the issues that would of arisen for new players if not for the XP bottles.
I know a few of you people will be like back in 1.x it was way grinder then it is now and i know, I played back in 1.x but the support needs to be offered for new players to entice them in to the game.

The new +10 mythic gear fully socketed with attack or Magic boost you get at 55 they are 1 step closer to making the new player experience of the game enjoyable. I could go on and on but with super long posts i just tend to ramble so i am going to stop here.

In short maybe think about making the Homeward bound even a permanent thing from now on that way year round people can come in to the game and have an enjoyable experience not just veterans using this time to level up Alts.

http://i.imgur.com/yZTwtop.jpg?1
Old 08-06-2017, 03:25 PM
Asmodians
Default Re: Homeward bound a permanent thing

Giving everyone fuzzball/twin bundles would eat away at potential sales too much for it become a permanent fixture I think. There are already people who abuse this by spamming alts, passing items to use the [Event] Tempering Solutions and manastones, then starting anew.

So, not necessarily the entire event per say, but just the XP bottles from killing mobs for anyone level 1-65? That does sound pretty good.

A drawback to the whole XP bottle thing however is that it would result in a lot of players not really understanding game mechanics and the basics of their class. We already have this issue, but having the "event" run all the time would compound it significantly.
Old 08-06-2017, 05:03 PM
Elyos

I just leveled a character 1-69 on an existing account (no XP bottles or boosts) and didn't run out of easily soloable quests until 63. (no instance farming either)

Asmo side, though.

But, yeah, Leave points out why they really couldn't do it longterm.
Quests missing? Game Options -> Interface -> check Display Low Level Quests -> Apply
Old 08-06-2017, 05:06 PM
Elyos

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeaveMeAlone - Siel View Post
A drawback to the whole XP bottle thing however is that it would result in a lot of players not really understanding game mechanics and the basics of their class. We already have this issue, but having the "event" run all the time would compound it significantly.
It took me 2 days to level to 66 majority of new players would probably do it in about a week or 2. 1 week is more then enough time to learn things about your class rest comes with practice and learning instances.

A few things for new players is that they are forced to get X stigmas. Clerics are forced down the dps tree so by the time they hit 66 they will still only have the dps stigmas unless they cash shop omega and sell them or something.
If instances need you to have Bene,ripple and so on then you will not be able to learn the mechanics of that instance till you have farmed enough money to buy your stigmas. Which will probably take them to 67 even 68 depending. More then enough time to learn their class.

Edit: The other side you have to think about is will new players find a group for these low instances like Rentus/ORB and so on with out old players participating?
This means the new player old player integration is lacking not new players knowledge of the mechanics as such.

http://i.imgur.com/yZTwtop.jpg?1

Last edited by BlastingSquid -; 08-06-2017 at 05:34 PM.
Old 08-07-2017, 01:05 AM
Asmodians

With this new fledgling gear, there's no point in doing any instance in group, on FTS. Why should someone run ORB, if the best gear you can get on FTS is given for free, and not from loot? They also nerfed the chance to loot an omega. I ran several runs with a twink cleric, she was used to recruit for ORB, a nice person and enjoyable runs. Last week I saw her alone, still, in Dragonspire Temple, no group in progress, and I've never seen her online again. There cannot be integration between new players and veteran on FTS anymore.

As the Lepamaree said, it's possible to level up in 2 days (I did it myself in 20 hours, with a temp) without doing any group instance. Only groups are now hold-groups for exp. Sometimes someone tries to recruit for RB (just because BT is on standard for now), but sw without dispel (good point about the stigmas) + clerics that prefer (rightly) to solo BT, rather than rushing with pugs, they took ages to be formed.
Yesterday 3 players tried to recruit for OB for 3 hours, before giving up. And it's FTS, so it's not the lack of players.

We'll have a lot of new players that will reach 66 and that will know only FT as group instance (though you can solo also that at 30, it's just boring).
Thanks for killing the game for good.

And yeah, they can also increase the exp from the quests/leave the bottles as permanent.
Old 08-07-2017, 07:01 AM
Elyos

I honestly kind of hate the new fledgling gear. I may be in the minority, but I think it makes the lower levels very boring. I started a new cleric and am at level 30 with zero deaths. Mobs hit you at -1. You pretty much can't die. So there is no tension or adrenaline rush when you accidentally aggro 5 mobs. You can kill them without issue. In fact, I am worried that I won't understand cleric class enough when I get to level 66 because I've only had to use my healing skills a handful of times. That's a huge problem. I'll get into Adma or Theo or something and struggle to heal my group because I won't be used to actually HAVING to heal.

I don't know, I just think this mega-strong new gear was a mistake. I'm actually considering taking it off and using the old gear for levels 30-66 just so I can learn cleric class properly. Fortunately, my main is a chanter and they're somewhat similar, but still.
Old 08-07-2017, 07:04 AM
Elyos

I like the new gear. >_>
Quests missing? Game Options -> Interface -> check Display Low Level Quests -> Apply
Old 08-07-2017, 07:28 AM
Asmodians

Agreed with Vantheria.
It's right to help players before they start to quest in Norsvold/Iluma. It was very hard and depressing to play on these maps in resurgent (I tried the new crucible with a templar in resurgent, with FT accessories... and I died after a couple of minutes). It's not that hard to get geared with few Adma/Theo, especially after the nerf, but I can understand that some help is appreciated from lazy players.

It was just a mistake to give it at lv55. It should have been given at lv66 for me. At least it still had some meaning to do instances on FTS (and farming that glorious resurgent).

Last edited by Urud - Kahrun; 08-08-2017 at 04:42 AM. Reason: The forum will be deleted soon, but I couldn't leave that "being" there
Old 08-08-2017, 09:48 AM
Asmodians

I JUST REALLY WANT TO BE ABLE TO RESKIN THE FLEDGLING GEAR SO THAT I CAN STEAL THE LOWBIE STUFF FOR MY MAIN BECAUSE IT'S AN AWESOME SKIN. qq