Old 07-20-2010, 04:53 AM
Asmodians
Default Player housing

Will player housing not be in 2.0 due sept. 7? When is player housing comming if not the 7th?
Old 07-20-2010, 05:28 AM
Asmodians
Default Re: Player housing

It's not 2.0, pretty sure it's 3.0.
Old 07-20-2010, 05:41 AM
Asmodians

I've always wondered just what the thing is with "player housing" in MMOs. Really, what's the attraction? Usually all player housing is is nothing more than "more bank space"...which just a bigger bank would solve, and a great big money sink...which, considering most don't like the "expenses" of the game as it is, I can't see as a "benefit" to anyone but the RMTers.. That's about it.

Seriously, can anyone really tell me what the whole attraction for MMO "player housing" is?
Old 07-20-2010, 05:43 AM
Elyos

Never!!!! you got fooled!!!

Drawn by: http://dvellee.deviantart.com/#/d32qz67
http://www.riftgame.com/en/
COME PLAY RIFT!!!
Old 07-20-2010, 05:45 AM
Asmodians

Quote:
Originally Posted by BellawulfAZ - Zikel View Post
I've always wondered just what the thing is with "player housing" in MMOs. Really, what's the attraction? Usually all player housing is is nothing more than "more bank space"...which just a bigger bank would solve, and a great big money sink...which, considering most don't like the "expenses" of the game as it is, I can't see as a "benefit" to anyone but the RMTers.. That's about it.

Seriously, can anyone really tell me what the whole attraction for MMO "player housing" is?
People want MMOs to be more like Second Life? I really have no idea.
Old 07-20-2010, 06:12 AM
Asmodians

I got a novel concept. Get a job and your own apartment, then you can do whatever you like to it with real money.
Old 07-20-2010, 06:20 AM
Elyos

I don't see the appeal in a game like Aion. Everything is instanced, and I'm pretty sure that's how they would handle player housing. It adds nothing to the game. It just takes players out of the world.

Games like MO have a pretty decent concept -- you carry your keys around with you and if you get killed in PVP, players can loot that key (along with everything on you) turning your house into a contested area. Aion is far too carebear for something like this to happen though. People complain about being ganked. Can you imagine the rage when someone had their house stolen.
Old 07-20-2010, 06:21 AM
Asmodians

player housing??

SWG had room for it since it had multiple planets, but wtf would players be able to put houses in Aion? there's no room!
Old 07-20-2010, 06:23 AM
Elyos

Only point of player housing is to add another thing that players can own and customize. They will be instances, but who says you can't invite people in a group or your legion over? In terms of gameplay, while it doesn't add much, it does add an additional layer of things to do in the game and that's never a bad thing.
Old 07-20-2010, 06:27 AM
Asmodians

FFXI had player housing, and I had fun putting furniture in and decorating my house. I even had a garden. :)