Old 01-30-2011, 07:29 PM
Elyos
Default Ranger twink: level 35, 37 or 40

Hey I'm making a ranger twink b/c who doesn't love 12 free crowms from vet rewards. What level is best for a ranger twink?

Lvl 35= 35 crafted weapons/ morhiem/eltnen rifts
- altho elt/morh zones have pvp def at

Lvl 37= more skills and bel/heiron (parts of it, hard to kill a 55 at 37 :\ )

Lvl 40= bel/heiron 40e and 40 crafted weapon

What do you rangers think?

Tyvm, Dusk

-Whoever spares the bad injures the good.
Old 01-30-2011, 07:39 PM
Elyos
Default Re: Ranger twink: level 35, 37 or 40

31 and up really... I got most of my kills at that level than I sort of just.. stopped PvPing. It was a lot more fun at 31.

"I mean, if it sparkles in the daylight and lives in the woods, it's a fairy, not a vampire." - Pino Israphel
Old 01-30-2011, 07:51 PM
Asmodians

Twink at 55

:3
Old 01-30-2011, 07:55 PM
Elyos

Ewww, 1 grind to 55 is enuff for me ^^

-Whoever spares the bad injures the good.
Old 01-30-2011, 08:20 PM
Asmodians

I had some success at 31 with my ranger in my homeland killing gankers. I since then lvl'd to 35 and went to belus and have had success there w/o the defence buff. I had 6 kilz yesterday in a matter of maybe 30 min. Between the fort and the zombie area. I do my silver coin repeat, rift for the duration of my kisk, then farm guards at artis. Repeat every day. Has worked well for me so far.
Old 01-30-2011, 08:29 PM
Elyos

Oh yeah you were asking about ranger gear awhile ago Only! Good to see youre enjoying it :)

"I mean, if it sparkles in the daylight and lives in the woods, it's a fairy, not a vampire." - Pino Israphel
Old 01-31-2011, 04:42 AM
Asmodians

Honestly, it depends on what you plan on doing with your twink. I know a few people who "twink" out toons just to do it. Not to PvP or anything, it is just something else they do.

If you plan on PvPing, it depends on where you're going to go. If you plan on living in Morheim/Elten then I'd recommend staying at around 35, or possibly 31.

If you want to venture into Belu/Heiron I would say get level 40 for sure. That way you have remove shock, an extra stigma slot, and higher level of skills at your disposal. The thing is with a ranger is you can still work towards a 30e set even when you're a high level as it is extremely viable. Just find yourself a good bow and you'll be golden. :)

Archi - 55 Ranger
Old 01-31-2011, 07:04 AM
Elyos

I'm currently working towards the same goal as Dusk. I'm confused slightly on if the lvl 26 bronze coin reward armor is better than having 4 pieces of Daeva ?
Old 01-31-2011, 02:22 PM
Elyos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oshmit - Israphel View Post
I'm currently working towards the same goal as Dusk. I'm confused slightly on if the lvl 26 bronze coin reward armor is better than having 4 pieces of Daeva ?
I havn't seen the bronze coin stuff but the Flash daeva set is quite possibly the best ranger starting gear till you get speed boots and ASPD gloves.

Can't argue with a 12% run speed boost just for completing the set and the crit boost for set completion also gets you crit capped a lot faster. Should allow you to actually socket attack or HP in a few of those slots.

Now you can either level to 33 and replace the boots with 22% speed boost golds and 6% aspd gloves or grind out 30e gloves and boots. If you've been playing long enough you might have enough crowns to have 30e boots right off the bat. They're only 21% run speed as opposed to 22% but its still viable. I'm 50 and this set has saved my life from even 55s.

PvP gear will make up for the lost crit from daeva set bonus by having lots of slots to work with. My advice is to socket the boots and gloves with crit to makeup for the lost 32 crit right off the bat. This should put you at around soft cap without buffs and a scroll and some food should get ya over it for those targets with +10 armor. Less likely happen in the twink phase though, so crit cap should do it.

Last edited by Jocelin - Israphel; 01-31-2011 at 02:26 PM.