Old 05-17-2013, 10:20 AM
Asmodians
Default Re: Glad: " can i please join for TS?" Response: " no we have plate already"

If I wanted to just dps with my cleric, I should've just rolled sorc, but healing everyone outside my three-man team was never my plan. /evil laugh.

Caution: DPS cleric. What heals?

/heals self.
Old 05-17-2013, 10:21 AM
Asmodians
Default Re: Glad: " can i please join for TS?" Response: " no we have plate already"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Audios - Siel View Post
After hearing all of this I'd like to put in my 2 cents.

to give you some context ive played all classes except chanter both geared and not geared at 60.

First off whoever said that glad attracts younger kids. thats not entirely true. Most people choose it because it looks easy (and for the most part it is). However I play it only because it is the only class that i like the both the aesthetics and the combat.

As far as their pvp role Glads are DPS/off-tank. If it is the glads first time in an instance get youself a temp so they can feel it out. If the glad is experienced then they can tank well enough. for example I can tank majority of instances on my glad. Its annoying to tank as you have to pay more attention and thats where most glads run into problems they are used to mashing there heads into their keyboard so they think they can tank the same way and they are very wrong. Would I rather DPS than tank hell yes. Its easier. Do I mind tanking? Not at all (unless its 3am and i'm slowly falling asleep). This is where you run into problems with most glads. They are not willing to be versatile like the class was designed. If you only want to DPS hell you should have rolled a sin. If you only wanted to tank you should have rolled a temp, but if you dont mind doing a little of both and learning the correct rotations and have the long attention span for tanking your in the right place as a glad.
Two years ago my main was a Glad. We were doing FT and I fell asleep when I was supposed to be tanking. Apparently I was just aoeing in the other corner the entire fight.
Old 05-17-2013, 10:39 AM
Asmodians

Going to take the Mal approach on this one.

Sins are the better tanks in TS if you have pro heals, because glads nor Templars are needed. Remember DPS is king if your group is OP.
if you say glads are better tanks because I take these certain people EVERY TIME to TS then do your group a favor drop the nyerk out and let them take a sin. Ok thanks.

If you think glads are better tanks then skilled Templars then you need to uninstall before you embarrasses yourself any further. So, do everyone a favor and stop being nyerking noobs.

Skill Templar>skilled glad no exceptions.
Old 05-27-2013, 10:38 AM
Asmodians

Wow this conversation really got heated XD
Old 05-27-2013, 10:49 AM
Elyos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheesecake - Israphel View Post
If I wanted to just dps with my cleric, I should've just rolled sorc, but healing everyone outside my three-man team was never my plan. /evil laugh.

Caution: DPS cleric. What heals?

/heals self.
No reason to reroll sorc ;3. I've been grinding Besh for the cloth set for my Asmo cleric so she has a PvE pewpew set and I've applied to groups as DPS when I see them looking for cloth and it doesn't immediately fill. I don't need anything but 2 pieces of the cloth set and I've been taken as DPS every time. Nice, as it gives me a way to Besh when the others I normally trio with aren't available. And someone always needs EXP after to give me a duo partner to clear the rubbish with for extra kinah.
Old 05-27-2013, 11:14 AM
Asmodians

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anissa - Kahrun View Post
No reason to reroll sorc ;3. I've been grinding Besh for the cloth set for my Asmo cleric so she has a PvE pewpew set and I've applied to groups as DPS when I see them looking for cloth and it doesn't immediately fill. I don't need anything but 2 pieces of the cloth set and I've been taken as DPS every time. Nice, as it gives me a way to Besh when the others I normally trio with aren't available. And someone always needs EXP after to give me a duo partner to clear the rubbish with for extra kinah.
I applied once as dps on my cleric for rentus they accepted and then bam cleric left OO I WAS like hey did u explain I'm lvl 59 and just there for xp? They said yes but cleric left anyways so I made the run back to fortress swapped all my stigmas again grrr and put on my misc besh golds and healed us through it man was that a pain in the tookuss we had a sorc tank with glad playing tank so I was full on panic healing most times but we made it with only one death and evryone said I did well for healing a sorc tank lol