Old 06-29-2010, 11:35 AM
Elyos
Default Re: Unofficial PvE Server with Free Transfer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lala - Nezekan View Post
Nezekan will be 100% PvE for ya. Though its on Oceanic timers, since you guys don't care about PvP forts don't matter anyway.
A common misconception of what a proposed Aion PvE server would look like. The only difference between normal Aion and PvE Aion is 'no rifts to the lower level zones'. Abyss is still PvP and contested, forts are still sieged and Dredgion is still one team from each faction. The upcoming Balaurea zone still has rifts into it and everybody beats on everybody.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klauser - Israphel View Post
This has been suggested since closed beta 1. If they didn't do it when the game had 500k subs what makes you think they'll be inclined to spend money to redevelop the game now?

There's a million games for carebears to go to. Let people who enjoy PVP have a game.
Precisely because of the extreme decline in population and the fact that it would take about 2 days to code in and test no rift spawning in the lower zones. Simple change + mass appeal + leaving all other servers the way they are = big population increase which means return to profit for NCWest.

Quite perplexed why so many people can't grasp the benefits to every person and company involved in Aion even after 9 months of explaining it over and over again. O.o

Deciding not to support the casual and/or 'carebear' gamer in NA is deciding to be a low population, insignificant, niche MMO in NA.
Old 06-29-2010, 11:40 AM
Elyos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sedai - Ariel View Post
I would think perhaps if NCSoft took a look at why the subscriptions have dropped off so dramatically, they might reconsider to adding a PvE server, to bring some people back to the game. No one is asking you to stop PvPing, just that those who want to only PvP in the abyss have a server to do so on.
It's a PVP game. There's no harm in asking, but it's never going to happen. I'll give you some advice I was given the first time I got ganked in an MMO and raged.

A friend told me to think about it like a really hard PVE encounter. One that has an ever evolving strategy. At first the butthurt will be strong because you can't believe you just lost a "PVE" encounter, but over time it will fade and eventually you will start to enjoy fighting something with more smarts than Sparkle Buffalo #97.
Old 06-29-2010, 12:36 PM
Elyos

I think most people's problem stems from the fact that they're just plain retarded. I've been ganked maybe 6 times on my level 40 ranger.

1. Pay attention to your surroundings.

2. Carry health pots/run speed scrolls

3. IF you still get owned by a twink, DON'T go back. Seriously I farmed the same 4 players yesterday for about 2k ap for about 30 minutes because they wouldn't give up trying to grind in the spot they wanted to. I'm all for trying to get revenge but if you're going to wander back into the ganker's zone just to get slaughtered over and over, you have NO right to complain.
Old 06-29-2010, 12:56 PM
Elyos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bowrion - Lumiel View Post
I think most people's problem stems from the fact that they're just plain retarded. I've been ganked maybe 6 times on my level 40 ranger.

1. Pay attention to your surroundings.

2. Carry health pots/run speed scrolls

3. IF you still get owned by a twink, DON'T go back. Seriously I farmed the same 4 players yesterday for about 2k ap for about 30 minutes because they wouldn't give up trying to grind in the spot they wanted to. I'm all for trying to get revenge but if you're going to wander back into the ganker's zone just to get slaughtered over and over, you have NO right to complain.
Your profile says you either exaggerated or fabricated that story. Sorry. I suppose it was on another alt, eh?

7 kills 863 AP last day
18 kills 1701 AP last week
Old 06-29-2010, 01:09 PM
Elyos

I agree.

btw... which server?....

Old 06-29-2010, 02:05 PM
Elyos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizuu - Ariel View Post
Your profile says you either exaggerated or fabricated that story. Sorry. I suppose it was on another alt, eh?

7 kills 863 AP last day
18 kills 1701 AP last week
2k, minus dying a few times, (full gold 35 rank 9 twink got me since I was killing asmos right outside their town and then left, and then I farmed the 4 asmos until they finally grouped up on me and got me later). so yea, 1700 is about right.
Old 06-29-2010, 02:12 PM
Elyos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klauser - Israphel View Post
There's a million games for carebears to go to. Let people who enjoy PVP have a game.
This! +10

There is absolutely no reason for this game to become a watered down version of every other game out there, just becuase they do not like PvP. People just cant accept that something can stand out and be different for once, nor will they use the tools that are available to them in-game to solve their problems.
Old 06-29-2010, 03:08 PM
Elyos

I am in total support of this idea.
Old 06-29-2010, 03:09 PM
Elyos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bowrion - Lumiel View Post
2k, minus dying a few times, (full gold 35 rank 9 twink got me since I was killing asmos right outside their town and then left, and then I farmed the 4 asmos until they finally grouped up on me and got me later). so yea, 1700 is about right.
That explanation seems reasonable, thanks for explaining and for not taking the question as a flame.
Old 06-29-2010, 03:17 PM
Elyos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nec - Vaizel View Post
This! +10

There is absolutely no reason for this game to become a watered down version of every other game out there, just becuase they do not like PvP. People just cant accept that something can stand out and be different for once, nor will they use the tools that are available to them in-game to solve their problems.
There is one reason and it is a reason many care about:

Servers being shutdown.

Having one watered-down server sitting beside the other pure Aion servers giving the carebears a place to play their game is such a bad thought? Why does this scare so many people who would continue playing on their pure Aion servers and benefit from the additional income for NCWest generated by the carebears?