Old 04-17-2012, 01:46 PM
Asmodians
Default "Siel's Spear" Quests

I've finished my walkthrough of the quests and will now leave it open to discussion. EDIT: I'm currently working on the weapon quests. I have stacked in the information I have gathered first-hand and from various sites and posts. I'll do another edit once I've finished and have full details first-hand.

For those that don't know, the "Siel's Spear" quests give the "Siel's Forgotten" (Asmos) set aka the Level 60 Daeva Set.

Doing the math this set seems sub-par for a 60 set. It's actually worse than my Master Carved set. I know we can't all be Carved, but I'm sure there are a lot more in full Stormwing's since I left and came back and I recall that set being pretty close to the Master set (unless edited since 2.5).

To start this journey you only have to be level 55. Once that's done, go speak with Kahrun to start the chain. Each quest requires that you complete the task and return with a "Sign of Faith". The feet, hands, and shoulders each require some 14m; pants is 18m; chest is 25m; weapon is 37m (varying with influence). I suggest saving up for the first three parts or doing a lot of things in between as they have no direct way to possibly make Kinah. The pants you may have to kill to and around nodes, the chest is pure kill grind, and the weapon seems to have some money making potential depending on your choices.

The first quest, "Steps to the Spear", for the shoes has you run around both Sarpan and Tiamaranta to talk to four NPCs and come back in 13 minutes. This is near impossible without preplanning your route to each NPC.
First, get at least 3 Kamar Scrolls from the General Merchant in town. And some Rancora Fortress scrolls from Ruaka <Ordnance Quartermaster>. Then fly out and bind to Notus Outpost's Oblisk. Then scroll back and start your run.
1 - Fly out to Western Guardian Seal (Sarpan)
2 - Run down to the first NPC (in the watchtower at it's marker)
3 - Scroll back to Kamar.
4 - Fly down to Twisted Land Outpost
5 - Run down and around (gliding across gaps), glide down to ledge with NPC.
Alt 3 - Scroll to Rancora Fortress
Alt 4 - Run back up to Sarpan
Alt 5 - Run to NPC
6 - Use Return to the Notus Outpost
7 - Drop down (don't take the windstream), and run to portal just east of NPC marker
8 - Take portal up and drop down and glide to NPC
9 - Scroll to Rancora Fortress
10 - Fly down to Cindercone Outpost
11 - Run up to NPC
Alt 9/10/11 - Get summoned to final NPC
12 - Scroll to Kamar
13 - Turn in

All that for shoes that don't even have running speed. Seriously, a quest all about speed, and you don't even get any. EDIT: Note that dieing fails the quest. This means you can't use a Kisk to help with the porting.

Second quest, "A Tribute to All Seasons", has you collecting Fragrant Energy. This is done by killing Umbronites in Pernon/Oriel. You need Warm and Cool Energies, two seasons per Energy type. 100 Warm and 100 Cool Energies. Umbronites spawn all over the region. They don't seem to have a reasonable set respawn time and never in groups. And the drop rate is not even close to 100%.

It appears that the Umbronites have set spawn locations, just a decent length of a respawn timer. They do spawn all over, but divided by season. That means divide the map in four (quadrants) and you'll find Umbronites in the quadrant of the current season, as indicated by the Seasonal Agrint's spawn point. I opted to run large laps around several teleport locations getting what I can. The problem is, just one other person looking and we're both not getting.
Red was kind enough to make Elyos maps: http://forums.na.aiononline.com/na/s...5&postcount=16
Isara is working on Asmodian maps: http://forums.na.aiononline.com/na/s...ad.php?t=82343

Third quest, "Spear Statues", is for the shoulders. Here you have to craft and proc a Holy Statue of Siel. Simple enough. The craft is consisted of crafting a bunch of sub mats, using Brilliant Magical Aether and a variety of Brilliant ores. Then you combine them all for a chance to proc the statue. No, you do not have to proc the base material crafts. Gather up your mats, and have at it. Each statue design is one-time use, so be prepared to stock up for multiple attempts.

This seems simple enough to get done. Just people will complain about the proc rate on the Statue just as they did the Hot Heart of Magic. It also seems that you can do the complete craft without the quest as the designs are available from vendors:
Anathia - Sarapan - 11,404 Kinah, one time use, 500P
"Design: Holy Statue of Siel" your craft of choice
Sanctum/Pandaemonium craft Vendors- 228,096 Kinah each, multiple uses, 500P
"Design: Truth Dagger" Weaponsmithing - 3 Brilliant Drenite Ore, 1 Brilliant Magical Aether
"Design: Decorative Armor" Armorsmithing - 3 Brilliant Drenite Ore, 1 Brilliant Magical Aether
"Design: Holy Insignia" Tailoring - 3 Brilliant Curundum Ore, 1 Brilliant Magical Aether
"Design: Orb of Sacrifice" Handicrafting - 3 Brilliant Malevite Ore, 1 Brilliant Magical Aether
"Design: Essence of Empyrean Lady Siel" Alchemy - 3 Brilliant Elatrite Ore, 1 Brilliant Magical Aether
"Design: Bladder Glue" Cooking - 3 Brilliant Turquoise Ore, 1 Brilliant Magical Aether
"Design: Elaborate Rack" Construction - 3 Brilliant Malevite Ore, 1 Brilliant Magical Aether

Fourth quest, "Dew Patience", is for the pants. Here you have to gather Noble Dew droplets. Quest says you have to wear the quest item ring they give you. You can gather Prolix(415), Lapide(410), Coslu(485), Ralloc(490), Chersnip(440), Liconsis(485), Zeldt(430), Entrin(455), Jurak(425), Hoca(470), Plia(445), and Hintera(470). The quest says they have to be form Sarpan or Tiamaranta.

Rumor still seems to be like crafting, the closer to your actual level the higher the chance of proc. Personally, I'm doing two things: First gather Plia and Linconsis as I'm low on potions; Second, find a spot with several nodes of whatever on the list close together so I can just run laps.

The fifth quest, "The Koligran", is the Chest. This is getting some sub-quests for Dedication Curios and Sacrifice Curios. The guide here on-site shows eight available quests, each rewarding one Curio. You need to get ten Dedication Curios and ten Sacrifice Curios. All Dedication quests are in Sarpan and all Sacrifice quests are in Tiamaranta.

Dedication Curio x10 (Orn):
Reian Mater - Kill 260 Reian Spirits at "Sabat's End Cemetary"
Soul Crusher - Kill 260 Cursed Reians at "Twisted Land Outpost"
The Balaur Massacre - Kill 260 Satra Elite Soldiers at "Satrakand"
Brohum Brouhaha - Kill 260 Aponos Brohums at "Aponos Brohum Billage"

Sacrifice Curio x10:
Fallen Spirits - Kill 251 Undead Reians at "Siel's Temple Ruins"
The Gravebound - Kill 242 Avad Soldiers at "Avad Village"
Turncoat Justice - Kill 242 Reian Traitors at "Traitors' Stronghold"
Fall of the Vasharti - Kill 251 Vasharti Draken Combatants at "Balaur Cavarly Base"

For the "Dedication Curios", I'd recommend doing the quest "Brohum Brouhaha". While "The Balaur Massacre" gives the most profit (10k Kinah on average plus mats and regular drops), it takes the most time (for me at least). The two Reian quests are fast kills but they gave next to no profit. The Brohums drop some 1.2k-3.2k each plus a gray "mane" that sells decently, all the while being dang easy to kill I was doing some 20+ before having to stop to rest or doing 100+ in 30 min if I opted to use potions, etc.

For the Sacrifice Curio quests it looks like the "Fall of the Vasharti" quest is the best bet. The Reians Traitors and Avads are a pain to kill (time consuming solo), while the Undead Reians drops seem low. The Balaur are fairly close and can offer the greatest return with the least of effort.

The sixth quest, "The Shadow Spear" or "The Shining Spear", is for the title. This quest is just to tell your faction's NPC that you're done. For Asmodians it Rafael and for Elyos its Kutos (? correct me if I'm wrong). Then back to Kahrun for the turn in. The title gives Attack +3, Atk Speed +2%, Magic Boost +17, and Casting Speed +2%.

After completing the armor set you can get the quest "The Real Siel's Spears". This quest is conversational and starts the weapon chain.

For the weapon you'll be given several other quests in two chunks of quests.
The first batch of three quests:
"A Special Hearthbloom" -
Get the house plant with quest, water it daily for 7 days, done.

"Collecting Dark Emotions" - 330 each
Here you have a choice of either grinding the mobs or repeating the sub quest.
Essence of Hate = Cursed Reian Warrior and Cursed Reian Mage
Essence of Wrath = Satra Elite Warrior, Satra Elite Assassin, Satra Elite Troper, Satra Elite Foot Soldier, Satra Elite Healer
Essence of Sorrow = Reian Sorcerer Spirit and Reian Fighter Spirit
Sub Quest, "Aiding Varzeni" - Choose 110 of any of the three Essences
Kill Raksha Boilheart (Raksang), Brigade General Vasharti (Rentus Base)
or Brigade General Tahabata (Dark Poeta)

"Crafting the Light of Innocence" - x145
Buy Morph Method: Noble Aureole from Safadorn for ~1.15m
Buy 145 Mysterious Powders from Safadorn for ~11.5k each (~1.66m total)
Each morph uses 1000 DP, recommend to stack with grinding or running Aturam Sky Fortress/Taloc's Hollow

After you do those three quests, you'll be given two more.
"Collecting Heavenly Odium" - 350x white and 150x green
Buy Activation Fertilizer for ~57.1k each (~28.6m)
Go to Ellesra Cave in Sarpan and gather the Heavenly Odium. I'd suggest only buying the needed "Fertilizer". Once you have your 350 whites, if you still need greens, just be sure to interrupt your white gathers until you finish.

"Collecting Dangerous Emotions" - x330 each
Again you have a choice of either grinding the mobs or repeating the sub quest.
Essence of Insanity = ?
Essence of Murder = ?
Essence of Emptiness = ?
Sub Quest, "Aiding Varzeni Again" - Choose 110 of any of the three Essences
Tuali (Elementis Forest), Zadra Spellweaver (Argent Manor),
or Empress Muada (Muada’s Trencher)

After you've done all five of those quests, you'll be told to get a Sign of Devoted Faith from Audria (~36.2m). Give turn it in for your weapon and another title quest. The title quest ("The Asmodian/Eloys of Siel’s Spear") is a simple talk to quest. The title, "Siel's Fighter", gives 2% Attack Speed, 3% Speed, 2% Casting Speed, and 20 Magic Suppression.

In summery: Major time consuming grind. Expected, but not to this extent. Kahrun says there are only "four tests". Which one of these isn't a test? :P Outside of something to do while not doing anything else, I see no point in wasting time and Kinah on this set as the stats stand.

Please feel free to leave your opinions on the matter and any pointers on how to get things done easier/faster. I'll keep editing this post with new information as we go. Thank you to everyone's input and guidance in getting this done.

Last edited by Pennry - Siel; 01-10-2013 at 03:14 AM.
Old 04-17-2012, 09:21 PM
Elyos
Default Re: "Siel's Spear" Quests

I really don't know what the hell they were thinking when they implemented this quest. I don't think they thought about it when you have more than 5 people do this quest at a time.
Old 04-18-2012, 04:16 AM
Asmodians

I just began the gloves quest. I haven't really found any technique of any kind. So far I have 4/100 cool fragrant, and 0/100 warm ones (I think that's what they are).

I found all four cool fragrant in the lower right area of the map. The mobs seemed to appear in the same areas, I marked them on the map in game and they reappeared in the same areas. I was running around all over the area, pressing tab repeatedly to target any possible mob. This is definitely going to take a while. I have a feeling it's going to be made easier in the future.

I'll be doing the grind for a while today, so I'll keep marking where I find the mobs. I'll post a picture If I see a pattern again.

Edit: I just started grinding again, and I editing my options so that monster names show, it helps a lot.

Last edited by Isara - Israphel; 04-18-2012 at 05:15 AM.
Old 04-18-2012, 10:12 AM
Asmodians

For the Gloves quest, I spent most of the day after posting this thread running around looking for them. I got to 55/100. I edited in some information on it, but I'll put it here too: The Umbronites only spawn in the current season's quadrant and most dense around the tree spawn. I've taken to alternating running laps for them and gathering other materials. At this rate I'll have the craft done for the shoulders before I finish the gloves.

I really wish they'd put out more Umbronites all over the region and allow access to the other grind sub-quests we'll need later. This way more people can farm Fragrant Energies and we can be grinding out and making Kinah to pay for all this.
Old 04-18-2012, 11:53 AM
Asmodians

The shoe quest is not near impossible with a mount or SM summon. You just don't know the correct path to do it.
I did it without a SM summons and heres how:
1. Bind at Notus Output
2. Buy some Kamar scrols
3. Buy some Rancora Fortress scrolls

1. Take Flight Tele to Western Guardian Seal
2. Run to the npc in that spiral tower
3. Use a Rancora Fortress scroll
4. Leave Tiamaranta and then run to next npc
5. Use return to go back to Notus Outpost
6. If you jump down you'll find a Abyss Gate. Use it
7. Glide to next npc
8. Use Rancora Fortress scroll
9. Take flight tele to Cindercone Outpost (I think that's how you spell it)
10. Take windstream and jump off half way and then continue walking to npc

11. Use Kamar scroll and go talk to Kahrun
12. Done

Last edited by Espada - Israphel; 04-18-2012 at 11:55 AM.
Old 04-18-2012, 12:47 PM
Elyos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pennry - Siel View Post
"Design: Bladder Glue" Cooking
[img]345634534545[/img]
Old 04-18-2012, 02:40 PM
Asmodians

Quote:
Originally Posted by Espada - Israphel View Post
The shoe quest is not near impossible with a mount or SM summon. You just don't know the correct path to do it.
I did it without a SM summons and heres how:
1. Bind at Notus Output
2. Buy some Kamar scrols
3. Buy some Rancora Fortress scrolls

1. Take Flight Tele to Western Guardian Seal
2. Run to the npc in that spiral tower
3. Use a Rancora Fortress scroll
4. Leave Tiamaranta and then run to next npc
5. Use return to go back to Notus Outpost
6. If you jump down you'll find a Abyss Gate. Use it
7. Glide to next npc
8. Use Rancora Fortress scroll
9. Take flight tele to Cindercone Outpost (I think that's how you spell it)
10. Take windstream and jump off half way and then continue walking to npc

11. Use Kamar scroll and go talk to Kahrun
12. Done
I could not locate Rancora Fortress scrolls. It seems to be a commonly missed item as it's asked about often. Which vendor sells them?

My route would work just fine without the summon if you could just cut off one flight path. I ran the deal and got to the steps leading up to the turn-in when I ran out of time.
Old 04-18-2012, 02:43 PM
Elyos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pennry - Siel View Post
I could not locate Rancora Fortress scrolls. It seems to be a commonly missed item as it's asked about often. Which vendor sells them?

My route would work just fine without the summon if you could just cut off one flight path. I ran the deal and got to the steps leading up to the turn-in when I ran out of time.

Ordnance Quatermaster, in the center of the main city (Right wall).

Last edited by Jambo - Israphel; 04-18-2012 at 02:50 PM.
Old 04-18-2012, 02:45 PM
Asmodians

It's a Reian NPC, I think the Ordinance Officer or Merchant or wharever they call it. Rancora Scrolls are like 43k a pop.
Old 04-18-2012, 03:04 PM
Asmodians

Edits made, thank you for the information on the scrolls.