Old 11-28-2014, 03:39 AM
Elyos
Default dps set

Witch set will you recomend as a dps set:ts or AC one?(and don't say Hyperion)
Old 11-28-2014, 04:47 AM
Asmodians
Default Re: dps set

I assume you mean PvE. Full incensed Hyperion is the best because of the set bonuses. Why are you reluctant to get it? Get it now while you have the best opportunity, when people are still running IS. Because when more updates come, people will be more focused on getting new gear. Join a static/big legion and spam IS.
Until you get full Hyperion, you can use AC set/pieces as placeholders. TS gear is a no-go: the drop rates are terrible and stats are inferior.
In case you were talking about PvP, 65a/shadowshift/eclipse MB/MA or MB/MR are good. If you can't afford compos, MB 27's/28's will do.
Old 11-28-2014, 05:01 AM
Asmodians

Nothing comes even close to beating Incensed Hyperion set for best PVE dps set hands down.

The only possible alternative I can give you is either a DR PVE set, or as Nafees said, AC.
Old 11-28-2014, 05:04 AM
Asmodians

hihi. i'm going to assume you're saying 'not hyperion' because you actually need gear to y'know, get hyperion/IS gear.

i've put together 2 sets for you to compare:
http://aion.aspirine.su/#!w7Ezj7G

first is the AC cloth set, 2nd is the TS chain set. both sets are using a +5 AC staff with a kahrun staff combine, all MB 27s (MB 30s for ancient slots). BM magic accessories.

important stats to note incase you don't wanna check the link:

Magic Boost
AC set: 3,131
TS set: 3,144

Magical Accuracy
AC set: 1,857
TS set: 1,843

MP
AC set: 12,599
TS set: 8,302

(3.3k MB & 2k MA for both sets with Sacrificial Power I, and then like... with idian & food, 3.4k MB 2.1k MA, me thinks)

i would 100% recommend grinding the AC cloth set (don't get chain!) because the stats are only very slightly different other than the MP (and dat MP difference is a nice one)

the main reasons i recommend getting the AC cloth are
1. you only have to grind! or pay kinah. the TS drop rate is awful, you'd get the AC cloth set faster spamming just dailies than spamming TS daily.
2. the AC cloth set can, later on once you have upgraded to something purple, be turned into a Magic Suppression PvP set, whereas if you get the TS set... all you can really is DE it or sell it for a very, very low price.
3. dat mana pool, hnnnng

edit: if you don't wanna grind kahrun symbols for the kahrun combine, the Discordant Staff isn't a great option but you can settle for it. there's probably something else you could also settle for but it's 2am. /zzz

Last edited by 1s36D730 -; 11-28-2014 at 05:10 AM.
Old 11-28-2014, 10:10 PM
Elyos

Yes,pve was on my mind,,,,, anyway ty for the response,,, the thing is,to grind for Hyperion for me is kinda hard now,with the job and fresh married ,but I do have Hyperion staff and 100 medals,so I was thinking of getting the r1 staff(after I get the rest of the medals ),,,,,as for the set,a friend has ts set on he's chanter,I just need the wraps and resocket,but as the mp boost is higher,I'll go for cloth ac,,,,,, 1more thing,as my resources are limited, whould be fine if I go for Max stones on staff's and just mb25 on set?

Last edited by Aaroow - Siel; 11-28-2014 at 10:33 PM.
Old 11-28-2014, 10:31 PM
Asmodians

You could do that, if you plan to replace it soon. The math:
27-25=2
4 normal slots x 5 armor pieces x 2 = 40 MB less not counting the ancient slots because 28's are the lowest you can socket there.
Bear in mind that people have tons of magic suppression now so you need to push your MB up as high as possible.
Old 11-28-2014, 11:06 PM
Asmodians

it'd be fine to use 25s all around. you are only going to hit 3,061 MB instead of 3,131 MB (in the AC cloth set that i put together) with MB 25s & 28s for ancients.
even with 27s, it's not like you're going to be top DPS anyway, but you're still going to be putting out a good amount of dmg considering (+ you're a cleric, we do sick dps regardless)
and again, if/once you upgrade to something purple, your AC set can be turned into a magic suppression set (using magic suppression ancients and either hp, mb, or mb/hp manastones depending on whether you want an offensive set or defensive set).
Old 11-29-2014, 12:34 AM
Elyos

Ty so far for the general ideea,,,, but I have 2 more questions and I'm "out"....1.with what staff should I combine Hyperion, with r1 -ac or kahrun?,,,,,2.for stigmas,full dps tree+the buff one+ ???? And a decent rotation?,,,, ty in advance
Old 11-29-2014, 04:21 AM
Asmodians

Depends if you wanna stick to pve or do pvp as well (personally I don't use staff in pvp)
I made small comparison of possible combines for incensed hyperion staff +10 full of mb+32 and mb+27
Click here to see it
And looks like best stats you will get after combine with AC staff
Not only more MB, MA but also a lil bit more more HB and MS

About stones mb+25 or mb+27... Depends whats your priorities...
If you are ready to spend few hundreds of millions on mb+27 composites go for it...
I personally told my self that it's not a big deal to have 50-60MB less but save tones of kinah... esp when mb+27/ma are for 50mil each while mb25/ma with luck can be cheaper, even 10m per one (sometimes less)
Hell I even used mb+25/parry just cause they been cheaper then the mb+25 xD