Old 01-01-2012, 05:49 PM
Elyos
Default Re: 3.0 glasses

Looking at the majority of the crafted gear in 3.0 it's pretty worthless if you already have master carved/compare it to the gear you aquire from instances. The only gear that's worth a damn, in my opinion, are some of the balaur weapons/accessories. Moving from master carved corundum glasses to those "enhanced" ones that you have to make from scratch for just the 4 mres and 30 hp when losing 66 mb and 99 concentration I would say renders them useless to those that already have master carved. I'd say they're a slight upgrade from the regular eternal 55s, but honestly from carved I'd say it's a downgrade for stats that actually matter.

Edit: The only real point to switch out for the enhanced corundum glasses would be as an upgrade for if you aren't a caster.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merritt - Israphel View Post
I sure hope they enhance them too, cause that's what I've got! (though considering it will then be a 'new' piece of gear I'll have to get a new skin...sigh)
They aren't a direct upgrade, they are a completely new item you have to make from scratch starting at a level 58 white design. The "Enhanced" I would say would be the "Durable" version for the drenium/malevite/corundum/whatever that previous crafts like steel/adamantium/orichalcum have... just the higher level craft that takes more of the gathered mats and probably different fluxes.

Last edited by Bearhunt - Tiamat; 01-02-2012 at 08:44 AM.
Old 01-19-2012, 06:07 AM
Elyos

balic glasses with flight speed?!?!?!?

...Must craft...

Raptor Gezus brought to you by: Jashin

Now known as Gebuz of Kahrun
Old 01-19-2012, 11:15 AM
Elyos

not sure if 3.0 glasses are worth the while when you can get 60 ecl2 hats so easily.
and it has stats thats.....soo much all around better than crafted glasses. imo
Old 01-19-2012, 11:53 AM
Asmodians

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fatkitty - Vaizel View Post
not sure if 3.0 glasses are worth the while when you can get 60 ecl2 hats so easily.
Balic glasses in 3.0 pale in comparison to the current Balic glasses. Losing all the ele resist makes it less desirable.
Old 01-19-2012, 01:59 PM
Elyos

Quote:
60EC hats going to have anywhere near the same MR?

Old 01-19-2012, 02:44 PM
Elyos

no. 60ecl2 hats have (for cloth/leather) 122 or 117mr, but has magic defense stats along with 2.4% pvp defense....and its free.
besides, mr set will be pretty much obsolete in 3.0 unless you go alllllll mr and hit like 3k mr or something.
Old 01-19-2012, 09:30 PM
Asmodians

Quote:
besides, mr set will be pretty much obsolete in 3.0 unless you go alllllll mr and hit like 3k mr or something.
Maybe against sorcs and sm's, but it will still be brilliant against everyone else, and will completely screw over sins, so I understand your motivation to give us misinformation.
Old 01-20-2012, 03:53 AM
Elyos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikkoru - Vaizel View Post
Maybe against sorcs and sm's, but it will still be brilliant against everyone else, and will completely screw over sins, so I understand your motivation to give us misinformation.
MR won't really screw sins like it does now with 300 MA being added to killer's eye, lowered CD on OoA, and a number of other things as well.

Old 01-20-2012, 04:06 AM
Elyos

Quote:
no. 60ecl2 hats have (for cloth/leather) 122 or 117mr, but has magic defense stats along with 2.4% pvp defense....and its free.
I think the max you can hit is about 2.5k and that's in cloth.

I still wouldn't completely rule off MR as being completely useless, with pressure on casters to stack more MB with magic cancelation MR would still be a viable set to counter them.