Old 05-12-2011, 01:36 PM
Elyos
Default No more Antialiasing option.

I do not see an option for Antialiasing in the menu option. Where did it go? I can't play without antialiasing. I guess I will have to force via graphics driver, though I would like some more insight on this.

Last edited by {FM}Bubbles - Siel; 05-13-2011 at 07:48 AM.
Old 05-12-2011, 01:39 PM
Elyos
Default Re: No more Antialiasing option.

If you enable it via the graphic card control panel then it will corrupt the game graphics. I don't recommend it, I tried and it made my screen have rainbow colors.

I think with the new graphic engine it doesn't support AA.

The new engine also has terrible performance.
Old 05-12-2011, 01:46 PM
Elyos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aiada - Zikel View Post
If you enable it via the graphic card control panel then it will corrupt the game graphics. I don't recommend it, I tried and it made my screen have rainbow colors.

I think with the new graphic engine it doesn't support AA.

The new engine also has terrible performance.
This is a huge bummer. As you said, forcing antialiasing will corrupt the graphics. Here is the result...

http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d3...t/Aion0000.jpg

This is terrible. I can't stand jagged edges.
Old 05-12-2011, 02:08 PM
Elyos

For ATI users, there is a new feature available that is basically another form of antialiasing. It is called Morphological Filtering and can be enabled via the Catalyst Control Center next to the Anti-Aliasing.

Since Anti-Aliasing is not supported with this 2.5 upgrade, this Morphological Filtering can come in handy for the ones who prefer to use Anti-Aliasing to get rid of the sloppy jagged edges.

More info on Morphological Filtering here:
http://www.hardocp.com/article/2010/...nce_iq_review/

I currently am running the 5870 2Gb and Morphological Filtering is fully supported.
Old 05-12-2011, 02:46 PM
Elyos

Click Options, go to the graphics settings tab. Then under graphic settings, click the arrow next to advanced. The Anti-aliasing option is right there. You're Welcome. :F
Old 05-12-2011, 02:51 PM
Elyos

maybe if you look a lil harder and read there are ops

there one called smooth outline or something like that does the same thing. So how about go back ingame and read the settings again.

Oh also I dont really force any graphics from my card I use the setting Enhanced on my graphics card there also a override to
Old 05-12-2011, 03:03 PM
Elyos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twilightangel - Zikel View Post

there one called smooth outline or something like that does the same thing. So how about go back ingame and read the settings again.

Oh also I dont really force any graphics from my card I use the setting Enhanced on my graphics card there also a override to
Maybe instead of being rude, you could post something worth reading.

Smooth outlines doesn't do anything NEAR as much as antialiasing does. I'd like a response from the GMs about this, because it's really disappointing. To me, the trade off for a slightly better graphics engine is NOT worth the horrendous jaggies that are everywhere, even with the stupid "smooth edges" option on maximum.

Please change this, NC. Jaggies are ugly and I can't stand looking at them.
Old 05-12-2011, 03:15 PM
Elyos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Echol - Siel View Post
Click Options, go to the graphics settings tab. Then under graphic settings, click the arrow next to advanced. The Anti-aliasing option is right there. You're Welcome. :F
I am not even going to respond to this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twilightangel - Zikel View Post

That option is crap. I was still left with jagged edges. I will continue to use Morphological Filtering until there is AA support.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kera - Siel View Post
Maybe instead of being rude, you could post something worth reading.

Smooth outlines doesn't do anything NEAR as much as antialiasing does. I'd like a response from the GMs about this, because it's really disappointing. To me, the trade off for a slightly better graphics engine is NOT worth the horrendous jaggies that are everywhere, even with the stupid "smooth edges" option on maximum.

Please change this, NC. Jaggies are ugly and I can't stand looking at them.
I have to agree.
Old 05-12-2011, 04:02 PM
Elyos

Can you guys post images of what your talking about? I've not seen jaggies at all since using the Ultra setting or are you talking about the default settings?
Old 05-12-2011, 04:40 PM
Elyos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Electrickrypt - Vaizel View Post
I am not even going to respond to this.

That option is crap. I was still left with jagged edges. I will continue to use Morphological Filtering until there is AA support.

I have to agree.
That option is only available to 68xx series and maybe 5xxx? 4xxx radeon users are screwed, sadly. Why in the word would they get rid of AA in the first place?