Old 04-25-2012, 06:40 AM
Asmodians
Default Cursed Again...

My current character on the new server is L36, blue armor, with two gold weapons <L35>.

I look for red players, pass up the pinks and still get cursed for killing too many lower level players.

If they are that low change em from freakin red to pink...then I'll leave them alone.

They should change red to 5 levels above you and 5 levels below you...that would fix that stupid issue.
Old 04-25-2012, 06:46 AM
Elyos
Default Re: Cursed Again...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toejam - Israphel View Post
My current character on the new server is L36, blue armor, with two gold weapons <L35>.

I look for red players, pass up the pinks and still get cursed for killing too many lower level players.

If they are that low change em from freakin red to pink...then I'll leave them alone.

They should change red to 5 levels above you and 5 levels below you...that would fix that stupid issue.
I'm not completely sure, but don't you get a curse if you kill to many in general & not just killing pinks & reds?

They want to try & prevent lowbies getting killed.

Last edited by Karmilla - Siel; 04-25-2012 at 07:23 AM.
Old 04-25-2012, 07:40 AM
Asmodians

I don't really know for sure.

Last night I killed about 27 people (that was over several hours, in and out of Elten). No curse.

This moring I killed around 9 people and got cursed.

There was around a 6 hour window between the two.
Old 04-25-2012, 07:42 AM
Asmodians

I understand about them not wanting people to kill the lowbies...hell, I'm still one myself. If I see a pink I won't attack them unless they attack me first. I understand and agree that if you kill pinks you should be cursed.

But killing reds? Does anyone know what the majic number is for getting cursed for killing reds?
Old 04-25-2012, 07:49 AM
Elyos

You can get cursed even killing nothing but purples, killing lower levels just makes it happen a bit faster. They changed the system quite a while ago to discourage rifting 24/7.

Its been forever since I've rifted so I can't give ya an exact number, but I can tell you that in order to get the curse to go away you need to stay logged in in your homeland.

Even after the curse debuff goes away you still have "curse points" that will slowly go away after time. If you just head back over as soon as the curse is gone it will come back after 2 or 3 kills.
Old 05-03-2012, 02:51 PM
Asmodians

yes that thing happened to me. so we're like here sitting ducks wondering if we'll get cursed on our first kill or not. not sure of how many points you need to get rid of after being cursed.

one thing i shud remember from now on. Aion Online is a PVE game. period.
you can rift sometimes and yes you'll enjoy for a moment. but not all the time.
what you need to do is PVE. that's the main purpose of this game. PVE PVE PVE.
i wonder when will we ever get cursed for killing the opposite faction in abyss. probably within a few months.

remember...
Aion 1.0 = PvPvE
Aion 2.0 = PvPvEvCB
Aion 3.0 = PvpvEvEvEvEvEvEvEvCBvCBvCBvE

CB = carebears
Old 05-03-2012, 03:34 PM
Asmodians

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damage - Siel View Post
yes that thing happened to me. so we're like here sitting ducks wondering if we'll get cursed on our first kill or not. not sure of how many points you need to get rid of after being cursed.

one thing i shud remember from now on. Aion Online is a PVE game. period.
you can rift sometimes and yes you'll enjoy for a moment. but not all the time.
what you need to do is PVE. that's the main purpose of this game. PVE PVE PVE.
i wonder when will we ever get cursed for killing the opposite faction in abyss. probably within a few months.

remember...
Aion 1.0 = PvPvE
Aion 2.0 = PvPvEvCB
Aion 3.0 = PvpvEvEvEvEvEvEvEvCBvCBvCBvE

CB = carebears
It takes somewhere between 20 - 24 hrs real time logged onto your character in your homeland to completely remove all effects of the curse. Time in the abyss or instances does not count. If you are worried about being recursed after the debuffs wear off, PvP in your homeland against the invaders. You never accumulate curse points for kills in your homeland or the abyss and it is unlikely in the extreme you ever will.
Old 05-03-2012, 03:48 PM
Asmodians

Curses dont stop twinks from pvping, so again they solved the wrong problem.
Old 05-03-2012, 04:06 PM
Asmodians

Haven't really checked into the consider system here, but doesn't it differentiate players below you from those your level or higher? If so, just kill people that aren't lower than you and would think you would safe.
Old 05-03-2012, 04:12 PM
Elyos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cakenet - Israphel View Post
Haven't really checked into the consider system here, but doesn't it differentiate players below you from those your level or higher? If so, just kill people that aren't lower than you and would think you would safe.
No, every player you kill give you "points" toward the curse. The level difference will give you more or less "points" toward the curse. To lose "points" you have to be logged on the character but in your homeland.

The curse system is more strict for the event for obvious reason :)