Old 05-03-2012, 12:13 PM
Elyos
Default Chanter endgame PVP manastones

Hey all-

L57 chanter here. I have full 55 gold PVP gear, fully slotted with Magic Resist +14 on all pieces. However, I dont see very many resists. I hate to have to redo the manastones, being that I paid so much for them, but is it worth keeping them? Should I just use crit stones? halp~
Old 05-03-2012, 12:17 PM
Elyos
Default Re: Chanter endgame PVP manastones

Doesn't show any armor but is it safe to assume you bought the 55 gold crucible set?
Old 05-03-2012, 12:34 PM
Elyos

oh sorry, yes, full 55 gold cruc set
Old 05-03-2012, 01:44 PM
Asmodians

How much MR do you have? When I check your profile, you're in Miragents with 1.3k MR (which isn't going to resist a thing at level 55), though that's not 55 gold pvp gear. Even with 2k MR, you're not going to get many resists against the casting classes if they're geared decently, though it will block a significant amount of stuff from other classes, such as Ranger Sleep and Silence arrows or Glad Ankle Snare.

But you don't really need MR to take on Sorcs and Clerics. With smart play and skill usage, you can withstand their bursts. SMs are usually a lost cause though if you don't have way more MR than their MA.

Last mashed by Lyune - Tiamat; 05-03-2012 at 01:45 PM.
Old 05-03-2012, 07:32 PM
Elyos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyune - Tiamat View Post
How much MR do you have? When I check your profile, you're in Miragents with 1.3k MR (which isn't going to resist a thing at level 55), though that's not 55 gold pvp gear. Even with 2k MR, you're not going to get many resists against the casting classes if they're geared decently, though it will block a significant amount of stuff from other classes, such as Ranger Sleep and Silence arrows or Glad Ankle Snare.

But you don't really need MR to take on Sorcs and Clerics. With smart play and skill usage, you can withstand their bursts. SMs are usually a lost cause though if you don't have way more MR than their MA.
Yeah, I switch to Miragent's for PvE stuff. With the 55 yellow chain cruci set, slotted with full +14 MR, i have 1475 MR. is that worth a damn? should I just remove it all and just slot crit/atk?
Old 05-03-2012, 08:03 PM
Asmodians

Unless you can get 3000 MR, MR is useless now especially with Sorcs/SMs.
Old 05-03-2012, 11:24 PM
Asmodians

1.4k MR is really low. You'll want around 1.9-2k to deal with the non-caster classes (and badly geared Sorcs, SMs, and Clerics). You need around 2.5k to deal with decently geared casters. 3k to deal with well geared casters, but I don't think that much is attainable.

Just a guess, but I think your accessories may be a big part of the problem here. For a MR build, you really need as high of level fabled/eternal accessories as you can get as they have much higher MR. Running around with level 30 and 40 stuff just won't cut it.
Old 05-04-2012, 01:07 AM
Elyos

What Lyune said, you have to have up to date/good accessories to pull off a Magic resist set, IMO 2k + MR without completely gimping your crit is what you should aim for. Even though 2k isn't enough for good/geared casters every other class still has annoying debuffs like ranger slow/silence and glad lockdown/anklesnare.

Raptor Gezus brought to you by: Jashin

Now known as Gebuz of Kahrun
Old 05-04-2012, 03:02 AM
Elyos

I think I'll just remove my MR stones and socket Crit to a little past soft cap, then do the rest Atk. Thank you everyone for your time :P