Old 07-23-2014, 05:37 AM
Asmodians
Default Re: Chat Silence Feature Guide and FAQ

Some of those phrases are blocked.. but the kinah sellers just change the way they type things.

Try typing "www" even with spaces. You can't. I have learned to say, "D'aww" with only two w's. lol

"USD" together is also blocked. Try to type, "Held us down" and you will find you can't.

~happily rolling about in my own badness since 2009~
RIP: Honoria (Kaisinel/Elyos) ; Alysynne (Israphel/Asmo)
"Race balance is something that we take extremely seriously" - NCSoft
Old 07-23-2014, 05:38 AM
Asmodians

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alysynne - Israphel View Post
Try to type, "Held us down" and you will find you can't.
I bet there's a story behind this one.
Old 07-23-2014, 06:13 AM
Elyos

Just wait until everyone abuses it :P
Old 07-23-2014, 06:38 AM
Asmodians

We've had it a couple of weeks and haven't heard of anyone getting wrongly silenced yet. Definitely no forum drama over it.

Has anyone else heard of any abuse of this?

~happily rolling about in my own badness since 2009~
RIP: Honoria (Kaisinel/Elyos) ; Alysynne (Israphel/Asmo)
"Race balance is something that we take extremely seriously" - NCSoft
Old 07-23-2014, 06:52 AM
Asmodians

Tip - when I block someone their name is highlighted in the block dialog so I do a quick Ctrl-C to copy it. Then I finish blocking them, go to the chat line and do /silence and Ctrl-V to vomit what I copied. Quick and easy.
Old 07-23-2014, 09:55 AM
Asmodians

When will in-game petitions be fixed so that players will be more likely to report abuse/glitches/exploits than not? I know a ton of players that see something wrong in the game or someone abusing either a chat/game mechanic and they simply just complain or light up LFG about it instead of alt+tabbing out, logging into the NCsoft page, clicking support, clicking submit new ticket, filling out a form and typing up a report followed by filling out more of a form and if their smart attaching a fraps that probably takes them a half hour to upload....(Jeesh just typing that out took a lot of energy...) seriously....In-game petitions...fix please! Makes life way easier for the players and will get NCsoft the proper feedback required to perfect the game.
Old 07-23-2014, 10:39 AM
Asmodians

If Ncsoft doesn't get petition then everything is good. If everything is good, they don't need to spend money to fix things.

If they bring the in game petition back, they get bad feedback. Bad feedback means they need to fix things. Fixing thing means less income.

So why fix something which will only make your support staf busy and reduce your income?

if you can't tell, i'm not being serious. :p
Old 07-23-2014, 03:13 PM
Elyos

Hmm just went to Sanctum and surprisingly there's no spammers. Did NCSoft actually adjust something enough for it to work? I'm kinda shocked but /silence really should do

/silence charactername
/block charactername

Shouldn't be too hard to get it set up like that.

Now all we need is a similar thing for farming bots.

Last edited by Xion - Siel; 07-23-2014 at 03:15 PM.
Old 10-17-2015, 03:35 AM
Asmodians

how long will it take from sending a report about false silence to you gusy till its fixed also im not sure if i aplyed my report to the right place duo to the totally new silence function got abused on my main toon. and i want to know how a silence last
Old 10-17-2015, 07:35 AM
Elyos

I only Repost My

LFG <Recruit> Eternal Bastion EB*EB*EB*EB*EB*EB*EB*EB*EB*EB*EB*EB*EB*EB*EB*EB*EB *EB*EB*EB*EB*EB*EB*EB*EB*EB*EB*EB*EB*EB*EB*EB*EB*E B*EB*EB*EB*EB*EB*EB*EB*EB*EB*

and I got silenced. Now I cannot form or Join independently a EB run. Lastly I cannot effectively alert people of what to do in EB as captain/vice.

People are complaining and asking me if I'm going to form a EB run but cannot reply to them because of this system being abused by players who hate me. Plus Customer Support hasn't responded 48+ Hours :\

I always tell people who complain about my advertisement to simply Block me. (Clearly they don't want to simply block, instead they rather harass and abuse the new function)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seojeong - Siel View Post
Just wait until everyone abuses it :P
Already abused by people who hate me v('.' )v

Customer Support: Request #1617934

Last edited by Alicia - Israphel; 10-17-2015 at 07:40 AM.